(Topic ID: 253689)

Sneak Peek - MMR XL DIsplay & RGB Controlled GI's!

By PPS

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 896 posts
  • 191 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by northvibe
  • Topic is favorited by 61 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

B9524220-908C-4F87-97CD-1724BBE8B611 (resized).jpeg
745233d21df73ec3203f6fd0fc711758824a4857.jpeg (resized).jpg
WhatHappenedToThePrincess (resized).png
MMRTopperwiring (resized).jpg
Topper Install (resized).jpg
A996C2EE-265D-4B10-8CD1-7F13B857F453 (resized).jpeg
DAEF4422-8E4B-455A-B615-DAA4B76DF65C (resized).jpeg
9270E9FD-08D2-494C-84DA-172BA5DAE98A (resized).jpeg
8F29C924-2A53-414A-AFAE-F318C8B26DB1 (resized).jpeg
34CF75AE-01BD-47FB-8AFC-9DEC91A45EFC (resized).jpeg
3FA936FA-A657-48A3-B17D-657573EEFC96 (resized).jpeg
DSC00340 (resized).JPG
39B519CC-5D09-405F-8DA7-9B0B68E7D2C2.gif
62113227919__9018BBBB-0882-4FC0-B9A9-54EA39424BB6 (resized).JPG
shaker (resized).png
20200829_203433 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dts.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 4 years ago

Medieval Madness Masterpiece!

#83 4 years ago

Looks like the dream MMR, an SLE, glad it got the MBrLE treatment! I hope everyone can get the upgrades, but wouldn't be surprised by some specific items like a special powdercoat, glass translite, and so on might distinguish it. It would be great if they did the lightning modification at the back.

#113 4 years ago

Good that they raised their game. MBrLE really stood out as the best effort from CGC to date. I've owned all three and while MMr and AFMr I prefer, MBrLE is really something special. So the King will be back on top! But no dragon on the topper! Can't have it all.

#119 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Classic Edition 8k (just like original release)
Special Edition 9k (rgb and extended display)
Full Monte/King’s Edition 10k (topper, powdercoat, lighting, extended display, mirror blades, etc)

How much for the topper? $2k more for the same thing as MBrLE is...interesting.

#131 4 years ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

I hope this is not accurate as that is a bit steep compared to AFMLE or MBLE at the 8K mark - its a big premium to pay -ouch

Shoulda been $8k classic, $8500 special, $9k sle. Disappointing for sure. CGC was leading the way in value and quality.

#135 4 years ago

This is the part where hundreds of us rationalize it's not so bad...remember when MM was $15k? Or in my case, when I bought a couple for $4k...

#140 4 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

Their stuff is well made. You cannot compare this CGC to some others...Only one one their own for market leading solid value now is a Spooky butter for $7450
Beast ass cabinets and things.

Agree CGC is exceptional and great they are made at the original factory. No clear pooling, reliable out of the box most of the time. Great support, great products. But $10k is $. Where do I get in line?

#148 4 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Interesting if folks will be dropping 10k+ for MM again. Good on CGC and amazing what bling can do.

Yeah, it's a bit steep.

#152 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I'm not disagreeing with you, but remember there are a bunch of pre orders at $8K for the standard game....as with all these games all your paying for is eye candy...game play is the same. I'm sure if they had a do over they would price their models the same at MBr (they would sell more)....what I don't get is why theres a $1K price difference between the three models.....should be $500 at most....

Agree, $8k, $8.5k, $9k and more units will sell. Volume wins, unless truly limited. I was happy to see the Standard AFMr and MBr reduced in price. That seems healthier for the hobby long term than ever increasing prices.

#162 4 years ago

MBRLE is looking more appealing at these prices, $2k less. And AFMR Standard, at $4k less.

#164 4 years ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

Cost wise perhaps... but MMr is a better game!

Agree on that for me, although not everyone. I think Brian Eddy prefers AFM. The thing that is most annoying is that the cost to produce MBrLE was likely much higher in research and development, with MMr (King, LE, SLE...whatever it is called) simply building on that. It can't cost much more to produce than MBr. So is the price structure simply based on not pissing off previous LE owners? If so, then give them incentives to make their own SLE for an extra $1k and sell tons of these for $9k. Ok, enough. I love MM in all forms, owned 3 and one remake. But I hope CGC/PPS decides to price them differently.

#176 4 years ago
Quoted from Lame33:

Got to play it tonight and it is most impressive. I never thought I would spend so much on a pinball machine.
It was “unofficial” but the pricing I heard matches the 8, 9, and 10 mentioned here earlier. No production limits and possibly starting on the line in November.
I did not ask about upgrades or piecemeal toppers or displays.

Well, if it’s unlimited, that makes the HUO prices better down the line. Unless the pricing reduces the demand and volume, as well as profits for CGC.

#187 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Sure not commenting on price just clarifying as someone mentioned unlimited
It won't be unlimited not even close

King edition, then Dragon, Castle, Damsel, Troll, Merlin...$20k by 2030, and $7k HUO! Shoot, I may pass and see what Danesi and Eddy come up with in the near future. Too bad, as I bet there are hundreds of buyers at a better price.

#190 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Me too. Like BigD said, the newer pins are more appealing to me, but I love my AFM LE with topper etc. I was all set to buy MM topper edition if the price was $9K. Dealer on speed dial and bank account ready, but now I’ll wait for few other releases and maybe look for HUO discount if any on MM topper edition.

Me too, I was in at $9k.

#197 4 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

People won't like this but... All the whining and moaning about the cost is getting to me.
I am shocked that folks actually somehow thought that the price for MMr would suddenly DROP by 2000$. Really?? We can all WISH for that to happen but to actually EXPECT it is kind of strange. They sold out at 8k$. Businesses are in business to make money. CGC has a product that sells out at 8k$. Why in the name of god would they drop the price? As someone else in this thread said. They can't produce them fast enough as it is and are always running behind on production.
Also the complaining about the price gap between the 3 models. CGC's current pricing model on the other 2 remakes has the SE cost 1300$ more than the base model, and LE costs 2000$ more than the base model. It only makes sense that they apply the same "logic" to the 3 tiers for MMr.
Then the whole thread about offending the LE owners. I would normally understand the frustration but in this case, the MMr LE isn't really a LE after all. It's the same! It didn't even cost more than the classic AND the buyers got a free shaker and 300$ rebate on the color upgrade. Give me a break!
Would I like to be able to get a MMr fully loaded for 7k$?? Of course I would!! I ain't stupid.. But these are luxury items in the end and not a necessity.
I was looking at buying the CE and maybe a second NIB (stern pro) but now it'll just be MMr since I want the fully loaded one. Oh and living in Canada it'll cost me about 13,000$ plus 15% tax. There are no loopholes to not pay taxes here.

You’re missing the point here. CGC was leading the way in price and quality, in an era of increasing “irrational exuberance” over pinball machines. The equivalent optioned game was $8k in MBrLE, likely the same cost to produce. I’ve spent more, but on new games with ongoing code and development. I’m a fan of CGC, and expect there are enough people to buy so that it will be a nonissue, but there are amazing games out there for much less.

#225 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

OF COURSE - THIS IS CAPITALISM!
For gods sake quit it with the whinging about the price. if you don't like the price don't buy it!

Ok, you convinced me. Whinging over.

#229 4 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Not sure what capitalism has to do with what you say. But in a market economy, one of the ways that prices find balance is consumers (and potential consumers) approving or disapproving of pricing, whether by statement or by purchase, or lack thereof.

That’s the system, you got it right. It’s a time honored tradition. I may still get one but lean towards a new game or MBrLE. Neil looks like he has the cash to spend, but even rich people like a good deal.

#231 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

You'll love MBRLE....its really a great game....and trust me people with lots of cash all want a good deal....

Maybe that’s the secret to how they got their cash!

#241 4 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

So, does CGC have a presentation or does anyone know when they are going to announce pricing?

Sara at PPS texted me that it is $9999 MMR "royal," $8999 special, and $7999 standard. Not sure what shipping adds, I assume a few hundred.

#244 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

$300....funny their calling it royal...does the special include the shaker?

Not sure, I'll give her a call later today. I'd love one but man, that's a pile of cash. If it isn't truly limited, I'll probably just wait for the collector market. Not sure the "color bombing," as TheLaw calls it, works here, would love to see video.

#264 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Yea I got the email....what do u think of the upgrade costs? My LE actually has the black trim so for another $1400 its basically the same as the new royal version....seems like a waste to me....I'll get the topper for sure...not sure about the balance...

So, get a used MMR and add the options might be a way to go. Or just add the topper and color, skip RGB if over the top. Anyhow, it's nice there are options.

#272 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I already have a MMRLE with black trim, shaker and color ... so its really a decision of whether I want to pay $650 + tax and shipping for a new display and speaker panel....the other one becomes completely worthless

I actually like the smaller color display, looks more like the original. The topper is where I'd put my money, as crazy expensive as it is. Maybe RGB if it looks even close to MBrLE.

#275 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Do you think the RGB is a hardware or software change? both? I'm surprised its so cheap

Not sure. I'd have thought a new mainboard if the inserts are RGB but if only GI, perhaps it's just the bulbs and software.

#401 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

whomever posted the GI upgrade pricing - are you sure about that? the CGC guys gave me the impression that the upgrade was specifically only screen and topper...

$199 if you buy the GI without the topper, $99 GI with the topper, from PPS.

#403 4 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Any word about when it will be released ?

Didn’t get that information, sounds like they are working on it.

#426 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

100% agree which is why I called out a few posters who downvoted me for basically saying the same ymtjing earlier here.

I’ve owned 4 starting in 2002. You showed up late to this thread, upset that your MMR is devalued, then became happy because you think it isn’t. Some resistance to increasing prices in the marketplace is good. I personally deserve nothing. When I buy a machine, especially one that isn’t limited and can be produced in the future, it devalues. Yours is worth less because I can buy a new one for the same price. As to being the best game and worth it, well I love MM obviously but don’t agree with you. There are many who prefer AFM or MBR, or newer games.

#428 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Yeah, I didn't understand how CGC was handling the changes and making retrofiitting at a similar price point possible in my initial post this morning. I should have read through the beginning of the thread before commenting but I still dont think that warranted being crapped on with a bunch of downvotes.
Of course, that isn't the post I was referencing in calling a few people here out. New MMr buyers may want to pay less (don't we all) but even if you don't care about the value of the games many of us bought previously taking a dump, I think you're missing the point.
CGC has had no problem selling MMr's in the past at the same starter price point they are now. Why should they lower the price to the level some paid for a AFMr or MBr when they don't have to? They are trying to make money and maximize profits.
By pricing and handling this they way they did, they will make $$ and sell more MMr's & upgrade kits without upsetting current and future customers. Makes sense to me.

Well, he who gives (downvotes) shall receive! Look, I get CGC and PPS need to balance the wishes of prior owners with the new ones. This is probably a good solution for both parties to end up at a similar price point. If they had come in $1k less as many wanted, then the only way to keep old owners happy would be huge discounts on the upgrades. So overall, they will lose a few customers but still sell a ton of machines. I hope they return to the previous price structure with the next game.

#433 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

That last part we can agree upon. Hopefully future games will remain at the lower price point. I personally would be in for a TZ remake but anticipate if that were to somehow happen, it might be a bit more since it is a wide body with a lot of stuff.

Rick told me years ago TZ is too complicated and expensive to make, and too many out there. I’m hoping for BBBr!

#437 4 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Im hearing topper only available for the King Delux version. Similar to the JJPPOTCCE.

Did that change since yesterday? I heard differently from PPS.

#516 4 years ago

I'm waiting for the exploding castle topper for $15k. Or the real fire breathing dragon for $20k! Seriously, this looks awesome. I've just owned so many that I'm gonna sit out for now, having just bought a couple of new machines. I'd have been sorely tempted at another price point, but honestly this is the same price I paid years ago for an MMR Standard. It's all good. I wish it had been Standard + RGB $8k, plus $500 Special, + $500 Royal, but to quibble over $1k at the end of the day probably means I don't want it that much. Maybe I'll pick up one later as I think Standard runs will continue as long as there is demand.

#520 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Loving the look of the “signature” MMr. Giving it serious consideration. In spite of it being another 2 flipper-fan layout, it is the gold standard. Already have a bad ass AFM. Funny it has me reconsidering MBr as a deal too.

MBrLE is the best deal in high end NIB games right now. Just a loaded game, and gorgeous. The RGB is beautifully implemented, the toys upgraded, great topper, excellent sound package, shaker, beautiful engraved plaque on the lockdown bar, mirror blades, perfect powder coat. Unless this MMr is equivalent, MBrLE is the best effort from CGC so far. With the exception of the topper, I'm not seeing the toy upgrades here, such as troll eyes, dragon breath/wing leds, merlin figure with crystal ball, catapult, etc. But these are fun mods to do.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bettendorf, IA
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 29.95
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe

Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 45.00
$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dts.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sneak-peek-mmr-xl-display-amp-rgb-controlled-gi-s?tu=dts and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.