(Topic ID: 253689)

Sneak Peek - MMR XL DIsplay & RGB Controlled GI's!

By PPS

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 896 posts
  • 191 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by northvibe
  • Topic is favorited by 61 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

B9524220-908C-4F87-97CD-1724BBE8B611 (resized).jpeg
745233d21df73ec3203f6fd0fc711758824a4857.jpeg (resized).jpg
WhatHappenedToThePrincess (resized).png
MMRTopperwiring (resized).jpg
Topper Install (resized).jpg
A996C2EE-265D-4B10-8CD1-7F13B857F453 (resized).jpeg
DAEF4422-8E4B-455A-B615-DAA4B76DF65C (resized).jpeg
9270E9FD-08D2-494C-84DA-172BA5DAE98A (resized).jpeg
8F29C924-2A53-414A-AFAE-F318C8B26DB1 (resized).jpeg
34CF75AE-01BD-47FB-8AFC-9DEC91A45EFC (resized).jpeg
3FA936FA-A657-48A3-B17D-657573EEFC96 (resized).jpeg
DSC00340 (resized).JPG
39B519CC-5D09-405F-8DA7-9B0B68E7D2C2.gif
62113227919__9018BBBB-0882-4FC0-B9A9-54EA39424BB6 (resized).JPG
shaker (resized).png
20200829_203433 (resized).jpg
There are 896 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 18.
#401 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

whomever posted the GI upgrade pricing - are you sure about that? the CGC guys gave me the impression that the upgrade was specifically only screen and topper...

$199 if you buy the GI without the topper, $99 GI with the topper, from PPS.

#402 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Any word about when it will be released ?

#403 4 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Any word about when it will be released ?

Didn’t get that information, sounds like they are working on it.

#404 4 years ago

I’m not the original owner of my mmr le does anyone know if am I going to be able to get the discount on the topper and screen upgrade?

#405 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Oh that’s interesting.

I was kinda wondering if it was with the XL panel (because of the speaker lights) that would make the difference.

#406 4 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

AFMr CE = $6000
MBr CE = $6000
MMr standard = $8000
Why? Isn’t the standard the same as the CE? Just bullshit because it’s MM and they charge more.

To be fair, they started charging more before AFMR and MBR even existed so it’s less gouging and more a beneficial reduction on later releases.

#407 4 years ago

LE owner that will be making all 3 upgrades. Overall, I feel very satisfied with the way CGC handled these upgrades. Mostly just excited to get my MMr inline with AFMr and MBr

#408 4 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

AFMr CE = $6000
MBr CE = $6000
MMr standard = $8000
Why? Isn’t the standard the same as the CE? Just bullshit because it’s MM and they charge more.

Probably because they figure they can make way more money this way. Let's say the costs are the same to make the MMR Standard as the other two CEs. They are probably making 80% more profit per unit sold and that might be conservative. Combine this with a strong demand for the title and it starts to make a lot of sense. Sure they'd sell more at 6K, but they'd have to sell almost twice as many to make up the lost profits and that leads to twice as many machines to support, etc. . So as long as they can sell at least half as many at the 8K it seems like a no brainer to me. Especially when they already sold out their last batch with this pricing scheme already.

I'd love to get a MMr standard for 6K. I'm priced out at 8K, but I can't blame them for trying to make the same money for a whole lot less work (and this is assuming they only sell half as many).

#409 4 years ago

It’s been $8k. It’s always been $8k since release. I don’t get why people EXPECTED a price drop. Would it be nice? Sure. But demand is high and they sell them as fast as they make them.

I actually did kinda think MMR would get a “Classic” edition with a price drop myself, lol.

To be honest tho, I’d be thanking CGC for selling MBR and AFMR (although AFM also didn’t sell for MM/MB money) for less (or at least having a cheaper option) rather than blasting them for keeping MMR at its price point. Yeah it’s expensive, but it’s the best.

#410 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

If it as easy (or close to as easy);as installing a color dmd display, I may have to seriously consider this upgrade.

It’s literally “hooking up a new TV”. Pull cable, pull out old panel. Put in new panel, reattach cable. Easy peasy.

#411 4 years ago

Anyone get details on how to order upgrades? I’d like to get that placed. I’m in on all three.

#412 4 years ago

I hear they are just selling the Royal Edition for now and it will ship in December, so if I had to guess, you won’t be able to get anything else until next year.

#413 4 years ago

Yeah I spoke to Ryan and he confirmed all three. Which is excellent news although installing the GI Kit will be fun!

Really Good news and priced so that original buyers pay the same as the royal edition I think CGC have got this spot on.

#414 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It’s literally “hooking up a new TV”. Pull cable, pull out old panel. Put in new panel, reattach cable. Easy peasy.

Thank you. Will it retro fit with the existing speakers? The other question is will this new panel come with the speaker light kit and new speakers with the panel? That would probably all be enough to get me to pull the trigger.

#415 4 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Anyone get details on how to order upgrades? I’d like to get that placed. I’m in on all three.

Quoted from Parzival:

LE owner that will be making all 3 upgrades. Overall, I feel very satisfied with the way CGC handled these upgrades. Mostly just excited to get my MMr inline with AFMr and MBr

Do we have details yet on what is required to install the RGB’s? That is the one upgrade I’m primarily considering but would prefer an easy install and not a big project.

I’d love the display and topper as well but already have a the color display & a topper (pictured - a much cheaper but admittedly no where near as cool of one). Can’t really justify the topper but am on the fence if it the display upgrade is worth it...

FE5C6C0B-51AD-42D7-86BF-0EDC389605D9 (resized).jpegFE5C6C0B-51AD-42D7-86BF-0EDC389605D9 (resized).jpeg
#416 4 years ago
Quoted from Only68s:

I’m not the original owner of my mmr le does anyone know if am I going to be able to get the discount on the topper and screen upgrade?

There isn’t a discount for original owners on any of the kits. The only discounts are if you already have the color chip and if you are buying the GI and also buying the topper.

#417 4 years ago

Maybe a stupid question. Could I just pull a speaker panel XL from an AFM and slap it into an MM?

#418 4 years ago
Quoted from GreenMachine19:

Maybe a stupid question. Could I just pull a speaker panel XL from an AFM and slap it into an MM?

Nope!! Won’t work. People have tried it.

#419 4 years ago

Must include a software update. I bet it would work once this update comes out. Would help people sell games later if someone doesn't want to pay a big screen price.

#420 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Because they have a lot of customers that bought their original MMr's atvthat price point that have also purchased subsequent remakes as well.
You may not care about that but apparently CGC is at least somewhat cognizant of that fact.
If you want an MMr, pony up like the rest of us did early on.

Are those of you that downvoted my post here those that think be cause you bought another CGC remake for less you are now entitled to an MMr at the same price?

MMr is a higher demand game. You'll pay the same prices current owners did and like it...

#421 4 years ago

Tbh I don’t think anyone feels entitled to anything at any price point. Would it have been nice to get one for the lower price? Of course it would of been. I also see why they have kept the price on mmr as is. A lot of people bought them and continued to buy them. Would of been a pretty crappy thing to do to existing customers.

#422 4 years ago

So am I correct in assuming I could in theory buy a MMR on the secondary market and then purchase the XL display and the RGB GI to install?

#423 4 years ago
Quoted from YZRider926:

Tbh I don’t think anyone feels entitled to anything at any price point. Would it have been nice to get one for the lower price? Of course it would of been. I also see why they have kept the price on mmr as is. A lot of people bought them and continued to buy them. Would of been a pretty crappy thing to do to existing customers.

100% agree which is why I called out a few posters who downvoted me for basically saying the same thing earlier here.

#424 4 years ago
Quoted from JustLikeMe:

So am I correct in assuming I could in theory buy a MMR on the secondary market and then purchase the XL display and the RGB GI to install?

Sounds like it. At a similar price, a NIB with all the upgrade work already done would be nice, though.

#425 4 years ago

It sounds like the royal editions are priced at 10k because that is essentially the cost of buying a now CE model and paying to upgrade everything.

Hopefully will get a feature matrix soon and see exactly what’s included.

#426 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

100% agree which is why I called out a few posters who downvoted me for basically saying the same ymtjing earlier here.

I’ve owned 4 starting in 2002. You showed up late to this thread, upset that your MMR is devalued, then became happy because you think it isn’t. Some resistance to increasing prices in the marketplace is good. I personally deserve nothing. When I buy a machine, especially one that isn’t limited and can be produced in the future, it devalues. Yours is worth less because I can buy a new one for the same price. As to being the best game and worth it, well I love MM obviously but don’t agree with you. There are many who prefer AFM or MBR, or newer games.

#427 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

I’ve owned 4 starting in 2002. You showed up late to this thread, upset that your MMR is devalued, then became happy because you think it isn’t. Some resistance to increasing prices in the marketplace is good. I personally deserve nothing. When I buy a machine, especially one that isn’t limited and can be produced in the future, it devalues. Yours is worth less because I can buy a new one for the same price. As to being the best game and worth it, well I love MM obviously but don’t agree with you. There are many who prefer AFM or MBR, or newer games.

Yeah, I didn't understand how CGC was handling the changes and making retrofiitting at a similar price point possible in my initial post this morning. I should have read through the beginning of the thread before commenting but I still dont think that warranted being crapped on with a bunch of downvotes.

Of course, that isn't the post I was referencing in calling a few people here out. New MMr buyers may want to pay less (don't we all) but even if you don't care about the value of the games many of us bought previously taking a dump, I think you're missing the point.

CGC has had no problem selling MMr's in the past at the same starter price point they are now. Why should they lower the price to the level some paid for a AFMr or MBr when they don't have to? They are trying to make money and maximize profits.

By pricing and handling this they way they did, they will make $$ and sell more MMr's & upgrade kits without upsetting current and future customers. Makes sense to me.

#428 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Yeah, I didn't understand how CGC was handling the changes and making retrofiitting at a similar price point possible in my initial post this morning. I should have read through the beginning of the thread before commenting but I still dont think that warranted being crapped on with a bunch of downvotes.
Of course, that isn't the post I was referencing in calling a few people here out. New MMr buyers may want to pay less (don't we all) but even if you don't care about the value of the games many of us bought previously taking a dump, I think you're missing the point.
CGC has had no problem selling MMr's in the past at the same starter price point they are now. Why should they lower the price to the level some paid for a AFMr or MBr when they don't have to? They are trying to make money and maximize profits.
By pricing and handling this they way they did, they will make $$ and sell more MMr's & upgrade kits without upsetting current and future customers. Makes sense to me.

Well, he who gives (downvotes) shall receive! Look, I get CGC and PPS need to balance the wishes of prior owners with the new ones. This is probably a good solution for both parties to end up at a similar price point. If they had come in $1k less as many wanted, then the only way to keep old owners happy would be huge discounts on the upgrades. So overall, they will lose a few customers but still sell a ton of machines. I hope they return to the previous price structure with the next game.

#429 4 years ago

MM is one of my favorite games of all time but i wouldn't buy one for 10k. Compared to the price of MBR and AFMR Le It seems like a major rip off. I know why it's priced the way it is but still.

#430 4 years ago

I think I am in on the topper and GI. I am on the fence about the larger screen and might pass. The larger screens do look nice but I don't mind how the smaller one looks.

#431 4 years ago

Just curious... does this mean I can upgrade the gi in my afm? The software wouldn’t support it?

#432 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Well, he who gives (downvotes) shall receive! Look, I get CGC and PPS need to balance the wishes of prior owners with the new ones. This is probably a good solution for both parties to end up at a similar price point. If they had come in $1k less as many wanted, then the only way to keep old owners happy would be huge discounts on the upgrades. So overall, they will lose a few customers but still sell a ton of machines. I hope they return to the previous price structure with the next game.

That last part we can agree upon. Hopefully future games will remain at the lower price point. I personally would be in for a TZ remake but anticipate if that were to somehow happen, it might be a bit more since it is a wide body with a lot of stuff.

#433 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

That last part we can agree upon. Hopefully future games will remain at the lower price point. I personally would be in for a TZ remake but anticipate if that were to somehow happen, it might be a bit more since it is a wide body with a lot of stuff.

Rick told me years ago TZ is too complicated and expensive to make, and too many out there. I’m hoping for BBBr!

#434 4 years ago

Im hearing topper only available for the King Delux version. Similar to the JJPPOTCCE.

#435 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Hopefully future games will remain at the lower price point.

Why would it?
Competition doesn’t.
I may not like it, but price points are being tested and the market is supporting new 10k+ games.
Good for CGC.

#436 4 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Im hearing topper only available for the King Delux version. Similar to the JJPPOTCCE.

Not surprised since you cannot buy it separately for AFM or MB.

#437 4 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Did that change since yesterday? I heard differently from PPS.

#438 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Did that change since yesterday? I heard differently from PPS.

I think there is a lot of stuff floating around now. I would say contact pps or CGC. Hopefully we get some official details here very soon.

#439 4 years ago

CGC will be updating soon on the official pricing and clarifying the MMR RE quantity questions ... also maybe a slight change on the RGB items ... stay tuned.

#440 4 years ago

I hope topper is available for current owners if not that would be sad
Are there even holes on top of the current models for topper to go in ? And a hole for wiring ?

#441 4 years ago

Fuck it, I’m in on the Royal. My LE is up for sale

#442 4 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Fuck it, I’m in on the Royal. My LE is up for sale

Care to state why you chose to get the Royal over upgrading your LE?
One of the guys I caretake for his games was going to do this also but I convinced him to just update his game so curious why you chose to buy new.

#443 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Care to state why you chose to get the Royal over upgrading your LE?
One of the guys I caretake for his games was going to do this also but I convinced him to just update his game so curious why you chose to buy new.

3 reasons:
1) in addition to the 3 upgrades you also get black mirror blades and black sparkle armor
2) Brand new, again, vs my game with roughly 1000 plays on it
3) I’m crazy

#444 4 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

CGC will be updating soon on the official pricing and clarifying the MMR RE quantity questions ... also maybe a slight change on the RGB items ... stay tuned.

Will do....I said no NIB for awhile...have a feeling I've lied (to myself) yet again.....

#445 4 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

3 reasons:
1) in addition to the 3 upgrades you also get black mirror blades and black sparkle armor
2) Brand new, again, vs my game with roughly 1000 plays on it
3) I’m crazy

I like the #3.
Yeah don't think his game has more then 500. There might be other changes not mentioned yet so we'll have to wait and see.

#446 4 years ago

So I can get all 3 upgrades to my MMr SE?

F851EB6C-4D46-49B1-B250-D682EC061150 (resized).jpegF851EB6C-4D46-49B1-B250-D682EC061150 (resized).jpeg
#447 4 years ago
Quoted from JHPSWE:

So I can get all 3 upgrades to my MMr SE?[quoted image]

That’s the word on the street

#448 4 years ago

CGC, if you’re watching this, I just want an MMR for $6k. No fancy screen, no colorbombing, no topper. Just my favorite game at a slightly-more-than-Stern-pro price.

#449 4 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

CGC, if you’re watching this, I just want an MMR for $6k. No fancy screen, no colorbombing, no topper. Just my favorite game at a slightly-more-than-Stern-pro price.

Don’t hold your breath.

#450 4 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Why would it?
Competition doesn’t.
I may not like it, but price points are being tested and the market is supporting new 10k+ games.
Good for CGC.

10k+ new games ...Bc they are new pins with big screens, all rgb, deep code and usually offer more for home use than the older pins. Don't get me wrong i love me some b/w pins (some the best ever)but in home use they don't hold up as well for us compared to newer stuff. You can add all the lighting and bling you want but the game remains the same as 20-30 years ago. For the most part they still are great but i really like what the new stuff offers in home use compared to the 90s pins.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 45.00
$ 29.95
11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Idaho Falls, ID
10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bettendorf, IA
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 64.99
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

There are 896 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 18.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sneak-peek-mmr-xl-display-amp-rgb-controlled-gi-s/page/9?hl=parzival and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.