(Topic ID: 253689)

Sneak Peek - MMR XL DIsplay & RGB Controlled GI's!

By PPS

8 months ago

Topic Stats

• 689 posts
  • 162 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by LTG
  • Topic is favorited by 62 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 43 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20200620_140027 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200620_142953 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200620_103600 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200620_103545 (resized).jpg
MMRTopperkitwiring (resized).jpg
20200616_080715 (resized).jpg
20200616_080646 (resized).jpg
IMG_1208 (resized).jpg
IMG_1207 (resized).jpg
20200615_194247 (resized).jpg
C9523D77-8516-4B4C-BC3F-782C39653B0E.gif
20191104_182514 (resized).jpg
20191104_220905 (resized).jpg
20191104_220028 (resized).jpg
20191104_220021 (resized).jpg
20191104_221246 (resized).jpg

There are 689 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 14.
#351 8 months ago

How tall is the topper? Thanks

#352 8 months ago
Quoted from rai:

I wanted MM remake Royal treatment but can not justify +$2000 above what I paid for my AFM LE. God bless all buyers and GCG, I'll be interested in any future releases (less than $10K).

tough pill to swallow ....

#353 8 months ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

tough pill to swallow ....

Well, Rick will be giving out the details of this version soon enough I’m guessing. One can hope the options justify the added expense. So far the remakes have been priced to market.

#354 8 months ago

I’m sold on the gi, dunno about the big screen..

#355 8 months ago
Quoted from delt31:

I love the guys who already sent in money and have no idea what the options are. Nothing like the pinball hobby.
where the F is the announcement for this from CGC so we know what's really true?

CGC has said that Saturday they will have an announcement on the production run for MMr. So likely tomorrow we will have official info on everything.

#356 8 months ago
Quoted from wamoc:

CGC has said that Saturday they will have an announcement on the production run for MMr. So likely tomorrow we will have official info on everything.

Ok thanks! First I've heard.

#357 8 months ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

I’m sold on the gi, dunno about the big screen..

Have you seen the big screen on an AFM, its fn awesome...

#358 8 months ago
Quoted from underlord:

Well, Rick will be giving out the details of this version soon enough I’m guessing. One can hope the options justify the added expense. So far the remakes have been priced to market.

They did a nice job of not devaluing the existing MMr's on the marketplace....Buying the royal or whatever they call it is kind of a no brainer....after u buy the standard+ color + shaker + shipping your already close to $9K anyways...u might as well get the powder coated trim, blades and topper as well. $10K is a big nut, but its pretty much in line with the other LE/high end models Stern and JJP produce....

#359 8 months ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

Have you seen the big screen on an AFM, its fn awesome...

I agree - MMr with the new screen and pixels change the game for me a bit. Was leaning hard toward MBr, now it is MMr.

#360 8 months ago

They did the perfect job of creating a new model without pissing of loyal customers.

Sorry all you cheap Fks could not buy a fantastic game for 6K....... It was a smart move business sense and common sense.

#361 8 months ago

Love how they did the coin door too. I bet that thing is a looker in person.

#362 8 months ago
Quoted from hoby1:

They did the perfect job of creating a new model without pissing of loyal customers.
Sorry all you cheap Fks could not buy a fantastic game for 6K....... It was a smart move business sense and common sense.

I dunno man. I’m a cheap f*** and I’m ponying up. Hoping they take a while to build these so I can pay it off in payments.

#363 8 months ago

What are the chances if I put my deposit down today I'll get a slot for the MMr standard(old model) they are running in a few weeks?
I wonder if I'll have to wait a year or more to get a base model cause they will be running The new high end models?
Ontario taxes and american exchange is brutal....

#364 8 months ago
Quoted from underlord:

I dunno man. I’m a cheap f*** and I’m ponying up. Hoping they take a while to build these so I can pay it off in payments.

you'll have plenty of time to save up....CGC NEVER makes schedule (at least they haven't in their previous 3 runs)....I wouldn't expect a game until end of year or Q1 next year.

#365 8 months ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

you'll have plenty of time to save up....CGC NEVER makes schedule (at least they haven't in their previous 3 runs)....I wouldn't expect a game until end of year or Q1 next year.

That’s 2 months away. End of Q1 to Q2 maybe? Is CGC building standard MMR’s for now?

#366 8 months ago
Quoted from underlord:

That’s 2 months away. End of Q1 to Q2 maybe? Is CGC building standard MMR’s for now?

who knows, but they are historically months behind schedule....

#367 8 months ago

Thats part of Stern's problem to loyal buyers. Don't make LE's and the change the production #s based on how many you think you can sell. LE's back in the day were guaranteed sales based on trust that shit like this would not happen

#368 8 months ago

I’m new to pinball and fell in love with mm. I’m in for 10k for sure. It sucks compared to the other games. But I’m the sucker they are looking for. Yolo

#369 8 months ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Thats part of Stern's problem to loyal buyers. Don't make LE's and the change the production #s based on how many you think you can sell. LE's back in the day were guaranteed sales based on trust that shit like this would not happen

Not sure I follow this one...Stern sets an LE, SLE #, whatever. Think they've upped it a couple of times before production by 100 games max, but they have never produced LE's by the thousands, and never have reissued an LE as a vault.

Whether the price tag is worth it or not is up to the buyer, but I've never seen 1000 Stern LEs in any model ( maybe I'm wrong)

Think BM66LE was 240 units, half going abroad, bumped the SLE's from 50 to 100 or something before production.

Munsters 500 -600 before released.

JJP has several "LE" versions of WOZ, correct? Love my ECLE

CGC has 1000 AFMRLE...Love this one too.

Highly likely I'm in on MMRRE because I've always wanted one...Looks like a great version. Not sure how many they make, and don't care, but 1000 isn't limited, for sure..

Think Stern has held the line on LEs better than the rest...If it's worth it to you, your decision.

This is a CGC thread correct?

#370 8 months ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

I’m new to pinball and fell in love with mm. I’m in for 10k for sure. It sucks compared to the other games. But I’m the sucker they are looking for. Yolo

In 2014, a “like new” restored MM was $20k+. In 2019 you’re getting it for “half off” with tons of new features & a brand new warrantee. Don’t worry, the people who paid $20k are the suckers...you’re doing alright

#371 8 months ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

In 2014, a “like new” restored MM was $20k+. In 2019 you’re getting it for “half off” with tons of new features & a brand new warrantee. Don’t worry, the people who paid $20k are the suckers...you’re doing alright

Thanks man, I‘M really green around these forums, and I understand for sure everyone’s concerns. I come from of course an arcade background and these prices are kinda a sticker shock to me. I really want to give my opinion on this but I’m scared of the pinside backlash. It can really break your soul lol.

#372 8 months ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

Thanks man, I‘M really green around these forums, and I understand for sure everyone’s concerns. I come from of course an arcade background and these prices are kinda a sticker shock to me. I really want to give my opinion on this but I’m scared of the pinside backlash. It can really break your soul lol.

I started with arcade games, too....but that was around 2003, and I got into pinball around 2006. I never paid more than $300 for an arcade game, and $1600 for the pinball machines was scary lol.

Anyway - keep in mind that new game prices are bonkers for the most part. Try to pick up some classics, projects if you can find them, and prices won’t be so nuts!

#373 8 months ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I started with arcade games, too....but that was around 2003, and I got into pinball around 2006. I never paid more than $300 for an arcade game, and $1600 for the pinball machines was scary lol.
Anyway - keep in mind that new game prices are bonkers for the most part. Try to pick up some classics, projects if you can find them, and prices won’t be so nuts!

No way I started with a shaq attaq this time last year and now have a new Deadpool. After learning on the shaq I went new. Of course my first nib the Deadpool had a node crap out after two hours. I totally understand how this game is totally a gamble. Shoot the spinner yuck but my wife still hates I sold that haha. Anyway I’m all in for a MMR xl ect. Also have a wonka ce I order so

#374 8 months ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

No way I started with a shaq attaq this time last year and now have a new Deadpool. After learning on the shaq I went new. Of course my first nib the Deadpool had a node crap out after two hours. I totally understand how this game is totally a gamble. Shoot the spinner yuck but my wife still hates I sold that haha. Anyway I’m all in for a MMR xl ect. Also have a wonka ce I order so

Diving right in full force....thats the way to do it lol. Have fun its a great hobby than can get expensive and out of hand quickly. 5 years ago i wld have never thought i wld have the collection i do and bought and sold 40+ pins lol.

#375 8 months ago

Thanks man that’s kinda how I feel at this point. I spent some time ordering parts from Steve young and he put me in check quick. Made me scared to order stuff for my mushroom world and Shaq haha. For real tho Steve was great and pushed me to fix that dam shaq and move me forward in this hobby.

#376 8 months ago

I'd like to know if the Trolls get (much needed) illumination? That would be a nice touch.

#377 8 months ago
Quoted from ChiroCop:

I'd like to know if the Trolls get (much needed) illumination? That would be a nice touch.

Yes this

#378 8 months ago
Quoted from PPS:

Well, we have another sneak peek ... other than the whole package put together but that will be TOMORROW ... Chicago Gaming has taken MMR to yet another level with a few new tricks and treats!
The MMR will be getting the XL display to join AFMR and MBR ... this game deserves the large brilliant color graphics!
Additionally, MMR's will now enjoy controlled RGB GI's which take software cues to change the colors of the playfield and increase the level in immersion in the game.
See it in action at Pinball Expo in Chicago this weekend, and will be available soon ...
More details coming shortly[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The new display and/or topper should be offered at a huge discount to all original MMr owners. BS you guys come out with these enhancements now given how many of us already paid for the game.

#379 8 months ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

The new display and/or topper should be offered at a huge discount to all original MMr owners. BS you guys come out with these enhancements now given how many of us already paid for the game.

Huge discount?? Why??

People buying now pay the same price you did for the same thing you got. A classic edition. Want more bling? Pay more...

I don’t see how you can possibly think you were disadvantaged somehow. My guess is you didn’t actually read this thread and you are making incorrect assumptions and conclusions.

Same. Cost.

#380 8 months ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

You are 100% correct yolo. Not to be morbid but I’m in my mid 50s and read all the time about guys dying in their 60s, not that it’s all that common but you never know. So if you really want MM and can afford it why not.

My problem (ish) is that I don’t love MM as much as AFM and I paid $8300 for AFM LE with topper, shaker, mirror blades. Meaning I’d need to pay $2000 more for MM which I don’t like as much.

Quoted from Rarehero:

That’s faulty logic tho because back then there might have been a small number of MM that were in as good shape as new. Now there are butload thousands of MM around. I was offered MM remake standard straight up for a a Tron pro (modded). I’m sorry that I didn’t do that. But don’t conflate the idea that MM used to cost $20k with the idea that you are getting MM for half off now. You would be paying full weight for MM royal and it will never sell for more than $10K used.

However,, if you keep it for long time and sell down the road for a small loss you would be small price for one of the best pins ever made.

#381 8 months ago
Quoted from rai:

I can't see they had no choice? When Apple releases a better phone do they have no choice to keep the old phone at the same price or do they just drop it to a price that reflects that it's not a top of the line phone anymore?
I am saying if a MM classic is equivalent to the classic editions of AFM and MB why does it cost $1500 more?

Because they have a lot of customers that bought their original MMr's atvthat price point that have also purchased subsequent remakes as well.

You may not care about that but apparently CGC is at least somewhat cognizant of that fact.

If you want an MMr, pony up like the rest of us did early on.

#382 8 months ago

Has anyone noticed if the new MMr run will include full cliffy and/or mantis style protectors? Believe MBr had them included across all models.

#383 8 months ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

I also prefer NiB. Am also somewhat new to pinside.

There are some great people on here.

I’ve met a few in person. Bought a couple used games from one. And spoken on the phone to about 3. There are some great people in this hobby.

There are also some folks with chips apparently glued to their shoulders. But I try not to let them get to me.

I’m all in on MMRRE. My damn AFMRLE makes anything less that sits next to it look like it came from the dollar store.

I’m not even kidding.

Welcome to pinside and the hobby.

#384 8 months ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Huge discount?? Why??
People buying now pay the same price you did for the same thing you got. A classic edition. Want more bling? Pay more...
I don’t see how you can possibly think you were disadvantaged somehow. My guess is you didn’t actually read this thread and you are making incorrect assumptions and conclusions.
Same. Cost.

I didn't see the entire thread. It is 7 pages long already and I just learned about this announcenent 30 minutes ago.

Glad they aren't severly undercutting existing owners with this move. It will still likely devalue original MMr's a bit, though. It would cost us a bit more to upgrade existing machines then what the the new SE & LE versions will cost new.

#385 8 months ago

Tough decision, sell existing MMR LE at a loss and get a royal, or just upgrade the MMR LE. Im not a big fan of the black powder coating, so that may just be my answer. and I do not like mirror blades, they reflect and hurt my eyes. MMR LE upgrade it is.

#386 8 months ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

I wonder if certain pinball owners complain to apple or Sony when new phones or game consoles come out that they have been screwed over and overlooked because their old models don’t have the latest features... despite the fact that they were given the exact product they paid for (years prior) and have been using all along.
No one is owed anything other than the opportunity to buy the new product if we so choose...

A phone and game console are what, 1k at the very top end? There are a lot of CGC's original customers that already bought their original MMr's in the 8-9k range. Those customers helped them make the $$ necessary to fund subsequent remakes and their expansion into the pinball market.

Comparing a $300-$900 gaming console or smart phone to a much larger, niche purchase in a small community like pinball isn't a fair comparison. Many original MMr customers are customers for their future games as well.

The community is too small and the prices too high for these type of products to significantly devalue existing customers purchases over night. Besides, they know for MMr, they will still sell more of the new remakes even at the higher pricing structure. It is a better game then both AFMr & MBr IMO.

#387 8 months ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Tough decision, sell existing MMR LE at a loss and get a royal, or just upgrade the MMR LE. Im not a big fan of the black powder coating, so that may just be my answer. and I do not like mirror blades, they reflect and hurt my eyes. MMR LE upgrade it is.

Agreed. I’m doing the 3 upgrades to my LE. I’m all for progress and making these games better.

#388 8 months ago
Quoted from GreenMachine19:

Just got an email from PPS. I have MMRSE with color chip. Just to upgrade to the XL screen. $649.

How would that work swapping out an existing screen to the larger one? If it is an easy, straightforward swap, I might consider it down the road.

#389 8 months ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

How would that work swsppingnout an existing screen to the larger one? If it is an easy, straightforward swap, I might consider it down the road.

Should be pretty easy.

#390 8 months ago

If you upgrade the screen size does that mean the speakers get swapped out as well?
I have upgraded speakers and would like to keep them while upgrading the screen?

#391 8 months ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Should be pretty easy.

If it as easy (or close to as easy);as installing a color dmd display, I may have to seriously consider this upgrade.

#392 8 months ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

If it as easy (or close to as easy);as installing a color dmd display, I may have to seriously consider this upgrade.

My understanding is we are getting a whole new panel. So you will basically unplug three plugs (one screw) and slide out the old panel, slide in the new panel, and plug back in, close it up, install your backglass and start flipping.

Now the new panel does have speaker lights, and I’m not sure how much complexity that will create... but I don’t imagine much.

Quoted from wolftownjeff:

If you upgrade the screen size does that mean the speakers get swapped out as well?
I have upgraded speakers and would like to keep them while upgrading the screen?

Pretty sure the AFMR/MBR XL panels use a nicer speaker than the stock MMR does but they’re smaller I believe... you may be out of luck there.

I upgraded my speakers too but I used similar ones to what I saw in AFMR so I’ll come our pretty even.

#393 8 months ago
Quoted from wolftownjeff:

Pretty sure the AFMR/MBR XL panels use a nicer speaker than the stock MMR does but they’re smaller I believe... you may be out of luck there.

#394 8 months ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

If its in great shape why sell it?....personally I love the black powder coating on my LE...I like the mirror blades, but I liked the tilt graphics game blades for the particular title. I'm probably in on the topper, but jury is still out on whether it makes sense to pay almost $700 for the bigger display. Seems like a big money grab to me...cant be more than $200 in parts and labor.

#395 8 months ago

Each year they update cars offering new features; some aesthetic, some convenience, some entertainment, and some even safety. Rarely or ever do they ever offer rear compatibility to previous model years for these new features. It’s a way to get folks to buy the new model. It’s business and I love the progress it creates.

Not only do I love what CGC has done, I am incredibly impressed they are offering rear compatibility to their previous generation. Kudos to them.

#396 8 months ago

whomever posted the GI upgrade pricing - are you sure about that? the CGC guys gave me the impression that the upgrade was specifically only screen and topper...

#397 8 months ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

whomever posted the GI upgrade pricing - are you sure about that? the CGC guys gave me the impression that the upgrade was specifically only screen and topper...

It’s all three. RGB, topper and screen.

#398 8 months ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I got the prices straight from PPS, so I’d assume the info is legit.

#399 8 months ago

Any info yet, where one could get these upgrades within EU and pricing?

#400 8 months ago

AFMr CE = $6000
MBr CE = $6000
MMr standard = $8000

Why? Isn’t the standard the same as the CE? Just bullshit because it’s MM and they charge more.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 59.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
Machine - For Sale
Bainbridge Island, WA
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 689 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 14.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside