(Topic ID: 253689)

Sneak Peek - MMR XL DIsplay & RGB Controlled GI's!

By PPS

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 896 posts
  • 191 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by northvibe
  • Topic is favorited by 61 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

B9524220-908C-4F87-97CD-1724BBE8B611 (resized).jpeg
745233d21df73ec3203f6fd0fc711758824a4857.jpeg (resized).jpg
WhatHappenedToThePrincess (resized).png
MMRTopperwiring (resized).jpg
Topper Install (resized).jpg
A996C2EE-265D-4B10-8CD1-7F13B857F453 (resized).jpeg
DAEF4422-8E4B-455A-B615-DAA4B76DF65C (resized).jpeg
9270E9FD-08D2-494C-84DA-172BA5DAE98A (resized).jpeg
8F29C924-2A53-414A-AFAE-F318C8B26DB1 (resized).jpeg
34CF75AE-01BD-47FB-8AFC-9DEC91A45EFC (resized).jpeg
3FA936FA-A657-48A3-B17D-657573EEFC96 (resized).jpeg
DSC00340 (resized).JPG
39B519CC-5D09-405F-8DA7-9B0B68E7D2C2.gif
62113227919__9018BBBB-0882-4FC0-B9A9-54EA39424BB6 (resized).JPG
shaker (resized).png
20200829_203433 (resized).jpg
There are 896 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 18.
#301 4 years ago
Quoted from gjm7777:

I could understand 650 for the upgraded display, but do we really need a color chip too? 1000 bucks to get that screen is way too much, I'll pass.

CGC has always sold the color chip for an additional $400...yes is over priced and ridiculous....LE buyers got a $200 discount...

#302 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

prices are comparable so orig buyers don’t feel fleeced.

This is why they're not dropping the price, IMO. They could move hundreds more MMrs if they dropped to a $6k/$7k/$8k pricing scheme, but they know that a sizable chunk of their customers are repeat players and they don't want the MMr early adopters to feel burned. Bummer for the rest of us that would benefit from cheaper MMrs, but I get why CGC would approach it this way.

#303 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

This is why they're not dropping the price, IMO. They could move hundreds more MMrs if they dropped to a $6k/$7k/$8k pricing scheme, but they know that a sizable chunk of their customers are repeat players and they don't want the MMr early adopters to feel burned. Bummer for the rest of us that would benefit from cheaper MMrs, but I get why CGC would approach it this way.

couldn't agree more....they would have been better off offering big upgrade discounts to existing owners. I'll bet the COGS is less than $500 for the entire upgrade package.

#304 4 years ago

As a buyer of the original MMRLE, I'm glad they are offering all of the upgrades for purchase at prices that equal the new edition fully loaded. Regardless of what you think of the pricing structure, original LE owners don't feel fleeced.

#305 4 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

As a buyer of the original MMRLE, I'm glad they are offering all of the upgrades for purchase at prices that equal the new edition fully loaded. Regardless of what you think of the pricing structure, original LE owners don't feel fleeced.

I feel a bit fleeced at the price of the larger display. Although I have that set-up on my MBr LE, I prefer the looks of the smaller display on my MMr LE.

I'll only be ordering the Gi upgrade and topper.

#306 4 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

I think they did their best to not screw existing owners....I also think its great that people can buy all the upgrade options....fleeced is too strong a word for how many of original buyers feel. Its hard not to feel that the early adopters should have gotten something since they helped finance the whole thing.

#307 4 years ago

I have an AFMRLE and MBRLE The MBRLE was 8200 with topper and all the goodies and now they price the new MMRLE(king)or what ever they call it at $9900 That's a $1700 money grab difference from MBRLE which has the big screen, topper and lights and mirrors blades. Nice price increases in one year..

#308 4 years ago
Quoted from john32:

I have an AFMRLE and MBRLE The MBRLE was 8200 with topper and all the goodies and now they price the new MMRLE(king)or what ever they call it at $9900 That's a $1700 money grab difference from MBRLE which has the big screen, topper and lights and mirrors blades. Nice price increases in one year..

It's not a price increase really though -- they're just not cutting prices on MMr to avoid pissing off people that bought one previously. See posts above from various current owners that are happy you'll be paying through the nose for MMr+. CGC knew what they were up against, and priced accordingly.

I also wouldn't take this as a template for whatever their next remake is, I'd bet good money they'll return to the price structure they established with AFMr and MBr.

#309 4 years ago

Are they making a limited number of Royals?

#310 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

It's not a price increase really though -- they're just not cutting prices on MMr to avoid pissing off people that bought one previously. See posts above from various current owners that are happy you'll be paying through the nose for MMr+. CGC knew what they were up against, and priced accordingly.
I also wouldn't take this as a template for whatever their next remake is, I'd bet good money they'll return to the price structure they established with AFMr and MBr.

They'll definitely go back to the AFM/ MBR pricing model ... if u look at competitor pricing on their high end models...CGC's pricing on their high end version is pretty much in line if not cheaper.... JJP's CE model is $12.5K

#311 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

People complaining about the price, the “code”, or thinking MMr should get cheaper because MB & AFM were are hilarious.
It’s MM. You can’t compare it to anything else. MM will always be MM.
It used to be a $20k restored game.
It’s a bonafide classic, always be desired and that will never change.
There is zero reason to lower the price.
These will sell like crazy.
Also it’s awesome that PPS/CGC are offering upgrade kits.
Literally everyone wins here. Original owners get bling if they want, new customers can get a new game if they want...prices are comparable so orig buyers don’t feel fleeced.

Agree that MM used to be $15K or whatever but that was then this is now, IM was $6k before the Vault edition. Now won’t get $6K for any Iron Man since it’s been remade.

Supply and demand back 6 years ago there was a thread the OP said should he could trade Tron + LotR And bring some cash as well for one MM pin. That’s not the case anymore.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-lotr-a-little-cash-mm/page/1

I am not saying MM is not great at all but it’s not a game that you bring Tron and LotR plus cash for because it’s not rare anymore. The game has changed as they say in Tron.

#312 4 years ago

See why is this important? People should get this model if they like this model, not caring how many they make.

Quoted from Blakester:

Are they making a limited number of Royals?

#313 4 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

See why is this important? People should get this model if they like this model, not caring how many they make.

I heard theres no limit to any of the models including the royal, which frankly makes sense....

#314 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I’m sure it’s partially that, especially since they’re selling the upgrades to potentially thousands of owners- but also - IT’S MM! MM has nothing to prove. MM doesn’t need to be cheap to sell. They have 2 other great games on the line, it’s not their only game to build. They prob ran the numbers and figured how many games they can build in a year - and selling MM at the higher price would meet those goals. There’s zero reason MM needs to be cheaper to attract buyers.

#315 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I’m sure it’s partially that, especially since they’re selling the upgrades to potentially thousands of owners- but also - IT’S MM! MM has nothing to prove. MM doesn’t need to be cheap to sell. They have 2 other great games on the line, it’s not their only game to build. They prob ran the numbers and figured how many games they can build in a year - and selling MM at the higher price would meet those goals. There’s zero reason MM needs to be cheaper to attract buyers.

Capacity is a good point....we all know that their throughput is limited.

#316 4 years ago

They have done an excellent job of assessing market and pricing. I have MMR and AFMRLE. They are not leaving anytime. My friend has MMRLE, AFMRLE, and MBRLE. They are all great.

We are both looking to upgrade MMR.

#317 4 years ago

So is the MM Royal limited number or not?

#318 4 years ago

I was told it was by the distributor, but no numbers have been given.

#319 4 years ago

Even if it was, they'll just make a new version when they want to sell more units. LE doesn't really mean much.

#320 4 years ago

Doesn't matter if its limited or not (I heard not)....they'll just repackage and call it the super royal LE's mean absolutely nothing on MMr games. I think CGC is realizing that selling add on's like toppers is great business. I can guarantee you they would sold 100's if not thousands of AFM and MBR toppers, and at $600 there's serious margin built in.

#321 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

You mean like selling them a Vault AC/DC Premium just to announce a Lucy Edition a month later?
Or selling Munsters LE as the only fully fledged full color game, getting people to either buy the LE if they want color or a B/W Premium just to announce acolor edition as soon as sales slow down?

Trust me, customers don't mind.

#322 4 years ago

I've almost jumped twice before on a MMR and might have to finally take the plunge now.

#323 4 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

I've almost jumped twice before on a MMR and might have to finally take the plunge now.

Been thinking the same...

#324 4 years ago

If interested in the MMR Royal Edition especially, we are the largest reseller of the games can ensure that you have a bonafide slot for the MMR RE! Contact [email protected]

#325 4 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

If interested in the MMR Royal Edition especially, we are the largest reseller of the games can ensure that you have a bonafide slot for the MMR RE! Contact [email protected]

When will upgrades be available to buy?

#326 4 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Did I miss the official announcement? Details about what you're referring to would be the first step bc I'm going off of just hear say.

#327 4 years ago

Yah. Where the hell are the details.

Quoted from delt31:

Did I miss the official announcement? Details about what you're referring to would be the first step bc I'm going off of just hear say.

#328 4 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

So this is a remake of the remake, so is it MMrr?

MMR2D2

#329 4 years ago

Ok CGC confirmed to me that a kit for screen and topper is coming for existing customers!

#330 4 years ago

It would great if someone could put out a video of the game in action....be nice to see the new lighting and topper in action

#331 4 years ago

Your wish

Topper and screen:

#332 4 years ago

awesome .... thanks

#335 4 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

will the Royal come with invisible glass?

#336 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

will the Royal come with invisible glass?

Nope

#337 4 years ago

Payment sent for MMRRE. Excited! Long time trying to get an MM! Since 2004!

#339 4 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

What are the trim options just black or stainless?

#340 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

What are the trim options just black or stainless?

I have no idea. Info will he sent out next week?

#341 4 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

I have no idea. Info will he sent out next week?

I thought trim was powder coated?

#342 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Xl display $649
Topper $599
GI $99-199

Is there different GI kits? If so what's the difference?

#343 4 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Sent my deposit today as well. Funny thing is, I’ve wanted one forever too but the LE AFMR and MBR looked great so I went with those first. Pleasantly surprised they are selling updated versions now. Well maybe not from a money stand point but I would of bought a few things to upgrade either way.

#344 4 years ago

I love the guys who already sent in money and have no idea what the options are. Nothing like the pinball hobby.

where the F is the announcement for this from CGC so we know what's really true?

#345 4 years ago
Quoted from YZRider926:

Sent my deposit today as well. Funny thing is, I’ve wanted one forever too but the LE AFMR and MBR looked great so I went with those first. Pleasantly surprised they are selling updated versions now. Well maybe not from a money stand point but I would of bought a few things to upgrade either way.

Whoohoo! Pinball brothers!

Is there detailed info on this Royal Edition? I may have missed it.

I’ll be paying off this beauty in installments I’m sure. Plopping full amount is painful in one shot.

#346 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I love the guys who already sent in money and have no idea what the options are. Nothing like the pinball hobby.
where the F is the announcement for this from CGC so we know what's really true?

Guilty as charged. At least the CGC quality will be there.

I let my hobby passion seriously override my common sense, but it’s MM!

#347 4 years ago

It’s a MMR with all of the upgrades. Not like we’re buying a machine no one has seen before.

#348 4 years ago
Quoted from YZRider926:

It’s a MMR with all of the upgrades. Not like we’re buying a machine no one has seen before.

^^^^^

What he said.

#349 4 years ago

Might have to buy one...
A26D42D4-135E-47FF-B212-F0586F7D4D47 (resized).jpegA26D42D4-135E-47FF-B212-F0586F7D4D47 (resized).jpeg
Damn

#350 4 years ago

I wanted MM remake Royal treatment but can not justify +$2000 above what I paid for my AFM LE. God bless all buyers and GCG, I'll be interested in any future releases (less than $10K).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Idaho Falls, ID
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 64.99
$ 29.95
$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

There are 896 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 18.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sneak-peek-mmr-xl-display-amp-rgb-controlled-gi-s/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.