(Topic ID: 253689)

Sneak Peek - MMR XL DIsplay & RGB Controlled GI's!

By PPS

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 896 posts
  • 191 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by northvibe
  • Topic is favorited by 61 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

B9524220-908C-4F87-97CD-1724BBE8B611 (resized).jpeg
745233d21df73ec3203f6fd0fc711758824a4857.jpeg (resized).jpg
WhatHappenedToThePrincess (resized).png
MMRTopperwiring (resized).jpg
Topper Install (resized).jpg
A996C2EE-265D-4B10-8CD1-7F13B857F453 (resized).jpeg
DAEF4422-8E4B-455A-B615-DAA4B76DF65C (resized).jpeg
9270E9FD-08D2-494C-84DA-172BA5DAE98A (resized).jpeg
8F29C924-2A53-414A-AFAE-F318C8B26DB1 (resized).jpeg
34CF75AE-01BD-47FB-8AFC-9DEC91A45EFC (resized).jpeg
3FA936FA-A657-48A3-B17D-657573EEFC96 (resized).jpeg
DSC00340 (resized).JPG
39B519CC-5D09-405F-8DA7-9B0B68E7D2C2.gif
62113227919__9018BBBB-0882-4FC0-B9A9-54EA39424BB6 (resized).JPG
shaker (resized).png
20200829_203433 (resized).jpg
There are 896 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 18.
#201 4 years ago

Wondering if you have to buy the color chip in addition to the display or if that comes bundled.

#202 4 years ago

No question you don't need both. Big screen and you have color

#203 4 years ago

Order out of state.

Quoted from PtownPin:

Prices start to even crazier when u add taxes....I was quoted $9717 for a standard MMR with color, and shaker...included tax
($822) and shipping....if your forced to pay sales tax that $10K machine will be pushing $11K....

#204 4 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Order out of state.

Out of state is also supposed to collect sales tax. Those who don’t are going to be quite surprised when a state audits them and fines them.

#205 4 years ago

Order out of state.

Depends on the state, most are forcing taxes even across state now.

#206 4 years ago
Quoted from GreenMachine19:

I literally bought my NIB MMr SE on 10/15/19. 2 days before this sneak peek. I also bought the color chip. It was expensive but my first NIB box I wanted it to be a game I could play for years and not get bored with quickly. The extras look great but I was really at my limit with what I already paid. The extra 400 for color was actually more than I wanted to pay. But I spent that for Fishtales to have color so I would have eventually upgraded anyway. My family loves the game and I expect it to be bolted to the floor. I kept ToM for over 6 years before selling it to buy this. No regrets.

Especially if you are a long term buyer like many years It’s not as horrible but if you like to jump around every 6 months it can get expensive. I bought PotC 12 years ago, my Tron 7 years ago. If I buy a MM for $10K and keep it for 8 years then sell it for $7K that’s just like $1 a day of ownership.

These pins hopefully are built to last.

#207 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

That would be good news for classic buyers that don't want the upgraded display, as used chips would flood the pinside market.

#208 4 years ago

I literally bought my NIB MMr SE on 10/15/19. 2 days before this sneak peek. I also bought the color chip. It was expensive but my first NIB box I wanted it to be a game I could play for years and not get bored with quickly. The extras look great but I was really at my limit with what I already paid. The extra 400 for color was actually more than I wanted to pay. But I spent that for Fishtales to have color so I would have eventually upgraded anyway. My family loves the game and I expect it to be bolted to the floor. I kept ToM for over 6 years before selling it to buy this. No regrets.

I am jealous. Been on the waiting list with deposit made for a while. However now with the news of the new options I will just go for the upgraded version. I'd still rather have a SE at home now so I could enjoy it and upgrade later...

#209 4 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

I am jealous. Been on the waiting list with deposit made for a while. However now with the news of the new options I will just go for the upgraded version. I'd still rather have a SE at home now so I could enjoy it and upgrade later...

My distributor had them in stock. I just walked in and bought one. No waiting list.

#210 4 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

Wondering if you have to buy the color chip in addition to the display or if that comes bundled.

Quoted from delt31:

Quoted from DeeGor:

That would be good news for classic buyers that don't want the upgraded display, as used chips would flood the pinside market.

My guess is it's going to be sold with color but with a discount if you already have the chip. The displays are already high-def so guessing they are using the same software.

#211 4 years ago

Order out of state.

It still works in some states, but most states are catching up to the people buying out of state. For years I purchased out of state in order to avoid sales tax, but those days are ending quickly. So yes in my county in California a NIB full loaded MMR would cost $10K (game) + $300 (shipping) + $925 (CA crazy sales tax) for a grand total of $11,225....I've basically stopped buying NIB games, and have settled on trading or buying HUO games....if your patient u can eventually find your game locally.

#212 4 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

The color chip doesn’t plug into the display. The upgraded redrawn graphics appear to be the same just bigger. My guess is you could buy the bigger screen/speaker panel and do a software update to get it to fill the bigger screen. But that is just a guess. If that’s the case and the bigger screen/speaker panel is reasonable price wise, I would consider doing it.

#213 4 years ago

Wow that sucks. You'd be best to buy at a show for cash, no tax, no shipping or like you say, buy used.

Quoted from PtownPin:

It still works in some states, but most states are catching up to the people buying out of state. For years I purchased out of state in order to avoid sales tax, but those days are ending quickly. So yes in my county in California a NIB full loaded MMR would cost $10K (game) + $300 (shipping) + $925 (CA crazy sales tax) for a grand total of $11,225....I've basically stopped buying NIB games, and have settled on trading or buying HUO games....if your patient u can eventually find your game locally.

#214 4 years ago

My distributor had them in stock. I just walked in and bought one. No waiting list.

My distributor does not. And shipping in from the US is crazy expensive (brokerage fees) or crazy complicated (drive 200 miles to cross the border and clear my own customs and then drive 200 miles back). And I still have to pay taxes at the border.

#215 4 years ago

My guess it will cost $600-$1000 for the display kit with color...they might give existing MMR owners a $400 break on the upgrade if they already have color chip.

Topper will be $400-500 ...

$400-500 for the lighting

so basically $2K for the entire kit....

#216 4 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

My distributor does not. And shipping in from the US is crazy expensive (brokerage fees) or crazy complicated (drive 200 miles to cross the border and clear my own customs and then drive 200 miles back). And I still have to pay taxes at the border.

I’m sorry to hear that. It is such a great game and everyone should be able to get it at the same price.

#217 4 years ago

Wow that sucks. You'd be best to buy at a show for cash, no tax, no shipping or like you say, buy used.

Yep....obviously cheaper for some since our sales taxes are so high, and some states don't require sales tax.

#218 4 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

$2000 more than the LE for AFMr and MBr ... I expect the BoM is a *little* higher, but that looks like a cash grab.

OF COURSE - THIS IS CAPITALISM!

For gods sake quit it with the whinging about the price. if you don't like the price don't buy it!

#219 4 years ago

this is exactly what i have been waiting for, will look great next to AFMr

#220 4 years ago

they display from the OEM is quite pricey so I wouldn't expect it to be much less than 1000-1350!

#221 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

For gods sake quit it with the whinging about the price. if you don't like the price don't buy it!

Except that's not how suppliers think, they do want you to buy it.

#222 4 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Except that's not how suppliers think, they do want you to buy it.

you win the price for "Stating the obvious"!

#223 4 years ago
Quoted from JustLikeMe:

Any videos yet that show the RGB GI?

i'll grab one today, but its essentially identical to Monster Bash with the colour of the gfx on the screen driving the speaker LEDs and then the GI leads.

#224 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

they display from the OEM is quite pricey so I wouldn't expect it to be much less than 1000-1350!

really? I can't imagine that screen costs that much in volume?

#225 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Ok, you convinced me. Whinging over.

#226 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Not sure what capitalism has to do with what you say. But in a market economy, one of the ways that prices find balance is consumers (and potential consumers) approving or disapproving of pricing, whether by statement or by purchase, or lack thereof.

If a market economy is a feature of capitalism, then you're complaining about capitalism.

#227 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

i'll grab one today, but its essentially identical to Monster Bash with the colour of the gfx on the screen driving the speaker LEDs and then the GI leads.

Cheers, appreciate it.

#228 4 years ago

Big screen awesome!!!!!
Color bombing looks like shit!!!!!

#229 4 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Not sure what capitalism has to do with what you say. But in a market economy, one of the ways that prices find balance is consumers (and potential consumers) approving or disapproving of pricing, whether by statement or by purchase, or lack thereof.

That’s the system, you got it right. It’s a time honored tradition. I may still get one but lean towards a new game or MBrLE. Neil looks like he has the cash to spend, but even rich people like a good deal.

#230 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

That’s the system, you got it right. It’s a time honored tradition. I may still get one but lean towards a new game or MBrLE. Neil looks like he has the cash to spend, but even rich people like a good deal.

You'll love MBRLE....its really a great game....and trust me people with lots of cash all want a good deal....

#231 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

You'll love MBRLE....its really a great game....and trust me people with lots of cash all want a good deal....

Maybe that’s the secret to how they got their cash!

#232 4 years ago

I wonder how the lighting upgrade would work for existing MMR owners. It can't be that simple or can it?

#233 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I wonder how the lighting upgrade would work for existing MMR owners. It can't be that simple or can it?

Display will be easy compared to the retrofit of GI lighting...

#234 4 years ago
Quoted from Sammy31:

Display will be easy compared to the retrofit of GI lighting...

I replaced the Display on a AFMRLE because of a dead pixel, that was a breeze, Im worried about the GI lighting, wonder how that would work.

#235 4 years ago

My guess is on the GI upgrade...all of the lamp boards would need to be replaced. The current boards only have white LEDs installed, that I know of. I hope I'm wrong.

#236 4 years ago

So this is a remake of the remake, so is it MMrr?

#237 4 years ago

You think they will have a rgb upgrade kit? I don't think that will b available as its a good bit of work especially bc its tied to the display, speaker lights, topper and more. I also believe there are more upgrades on the playfield with the lighting as i saw something about a catapult led chase board and more castle lighting?

#238 4 years ago

Looks awesome to me.

#239 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

You think they will have a rgb upgrade kit? I don't think that will b available as its a good bit of work especially bc its tied to the display, speaker lights, topper and more. I also believe there are more upgrades on the playfield with the lighting as i saw something about a catapult led chase board and more castle lighting?

Distro said RGB kit will be available. (Just stating what was in email) I'm assuming the same as you with many light boards will need replaced. Also saw the chaser for the catapult. So probably a little more then just RGB.

#240 4 years ago

So, does CGC have a presentation or does anyone know when they are going to announce pricing?

#241 4 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

So, does CGC have a presentation or does anyone know when they are going to announce pricing?

Sara at PPS texted me that it is $9999 MMR "royal," $8999 special, and $7999 standard. Not sure what shipping adds, I assume a few hundred.

#242 4 years ago

I certainly hope they allow MMR owners to buy the kits separately....I'm only interested in the display and topper....or possibly just the topper depending on upgrade costs....

#243 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Sara at PPS texted me that it is $9999 MMR "royal," $8999 special, and $7999 standard. Not sure what shipping adds, I assume a few hundred.

$300....funny their calling it royal...does the special include the shaker?

#244 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

$300....funny their calling it royal...does the special include the shaker?

Not sure, I'll give her a call later today. I'd love one but man, that's a pile of cash. If it isn't truly limited, I'll probably just wait for the collector market. Not sure the "color bombing," as TheLaw calls it, works here, would love to see video.

#245 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Not sure, I'll give her a call later today. I'd love one but man, that's a pile of cash. If it isn't truly limited, I'll probably just wait for the collector market. Not sure the "color bombing," as thelaw calls it, works here, would love to see video.

Be nice to know what u get for moving up to the SE version? display, shaker, lighting? I know for the royal version u get the display, topper, lighting, blades, trim, and shaker.....

#246 4 years ago

Maybe this "royal" will come with a MM jacket like Dialed In.. that would be awesome. I would show that off all day long.. be pimped.

MV5BNzFjMzMyODMtNGZjMC00NTAxLWJlYjQtZTJlMzM0MGU4ZTkxXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzc5NjM0NA@@._V1_ (resized).jpgMV5BNzFjMzMyODMtNGZjMC00NTAxLWJlYjQtZTJlMzM0MGU4ZTkxXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzc5NjM0NA@@._V1_ (resized).jpg
#247 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I'm assuming it's harder than opening the box for a new Jurrasic Park pin.

#248 4 years ago

Just got an email from PPS. I have MMRSE with color chip. Just to upgrade to the XL screen. $649.

#249 4 years ago

Just got an email from PPS. I have MMRSE with color chip. Just to upgrade to the XL screen. $649.

Woo weee...

#250 4 years ago

ouch....any intel on topper costs?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 64.99
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

$ 45.00
$ 29.95
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

There are 896 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 18.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sneak-peek-mmr-xl-display-amp-rgb-controlled-gi-s/page/5?hl=mrmikeman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.