(Topic ID: 253689)

Sneak Peek - MMR XL DIsplay & RGB Controlled GI's!

By PPS

11 months ago

Topic Stats

• 805 posts
  • 172 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by LTG
  • Topic is favorited by 62 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 57 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

39B519CC-5D09-405F-8DA7-9B0B68E7D2C2.gif
62113227919__9018BBBB-0882-4FC0-B9A9-54EA39424BB6 (resized).JPG
shaker (resized).png
20200829_203433 (resized).jpg
20200829_203449 (resized).jpg
b618fe598bad74d1c0e99654e223469ea193596c (resized).jpg
20200829_194928 (resized).jpg
20200805_145021 (resized).jpg
fail (resized).jpg
f3ff191baca12955376183eb4bdfc4f40d3b15cc.pdf (resized).jpg
DSC00312 (resized).JPG
MMR Upgrade.jpg
f3ff191baca12955376183eb4bdfc4f40d3b15cc.pdf (resized).jpg
15968574147827723729870775343875 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200620_140027 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200620_142953 (resized).jpg

There are 805 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 17.
#601 10 months ago

Looks like mid January by planetary website, I can’t get past the captcha

#602 10 months ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Has anyone ordered a XL large screen DMD kit for their MMr?
Do we have a date on when the screen will become available?

They’re not available to order yet. According to the PPS email I got, they wanted confirmation that I’m interested in ordering & that it’s going to be a one time offering. Not sure why that’s be the case with the screen panel, as that’s a common part amongst all their games....makes sense for the RGB & topper tho

#603 10 months ago

Has anyone ordered a XL large screen DMD kit for their MMr?
Do we have a date on when the screen will become available?

Kits and upgrades in January is what they said on the FNO stream on Monday.

#604 10 months ago

The email was mean to say that it is best to get your interest in early at which time we will order specific quantities to cover our needs. All of these parts are split between MMR games as well as the Upgrade Kits. We do take an 'order' as a Sales Order - we don't request payment via Invoice until the parts are ready to ship. I would expect that the parts will be available on and off, but 'off' could be large periods of time ... so sorry if that was confusing ...

#605 10 months ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Looks like mid January by planetary website, I can’t get past the captcha

Quoted from evh347:

Kits and upgrades in January is what they said on the FNO stream on Monday.

Thanks!

Looks like we will be waiting for a while in Australia.

#606 10 months ago

Will the upgrades be sold via a European distributor as well?

#607 10 months ago

I contacted a seller for upgrades and was quoted a price other than the one shown on the release provided by CGC. I assume that prices will be set by the seller and may reflect other costs involved. I certainly do not care to pay for these upgrades before they are available but I am very interested.

#608 10 months ago
Quoted from BagAJellyDonuts:

I contacted a seller for upgrades and was quoted a price other than the one shown on the release provided by CGC. I assume that prices will be set by the seller and may reflect other costs involved. I certainly do not care to pay for these upgrades before they are available but I am very interested.

I think the prices are fixed so u shouldn't see much variance across distributors (if any)...if so just order through Planetary

#609 10 months ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I'd guess that very few people of any socio-economic status care much about anyone else being priced out of the market for a luxury good like pinball.

Clearly at least one of us does, but sure... go ahead and tell me my opinion doesn't matter, like hundreds, if not thousands at this point, of people have done to me. IDGAF. You people can keep paying 10k and more for pinball machines. I can't, and wouldn't even if I could.

#610 10 months ago
Quoted from Frax:

Clearly at least one of us does, but sure... go ahead and tell me my opinion doesn't matter, like hundreds, if not thousands at this point, of people have done to me. IDGAF. You people can keep paying 10k and more for pinball machines. I can't, and wouldn't even if I could.

I know a lot of people " not myself " that would buy every NIB that Stern made just to test drive the game....... Everyone of them does not do that any more. They pick and choose now with this crazy pricing.

#611 10 months ago

I still haven't received an answer from PPS or CGC (PPS in email told me they would have to ask CGC): does the GI upgrade for $249 also include the backbox RGB upgrade which is listed for the Royal edition??

#612 10 months ago
Quoted from brucipher:

I still haven't received an answer from PPS or CGC (PPS in email told me they would have to ask CGC): does the GI upgrade for $249 also include the backbox RGB upgrade which is listed for the Royal edition??

I think there are several unanswered questions that most likely won't come out until their almost ready to ship. Like how much time is it going to take to convert to the RGB lighting? Does the topper lighting integrate with the game if u don't upgrade to the RGB lighting?

#613 10 months ago
Quoted from Frax:

I wasn't saying your opinion doesn't matter, just that most people, rich or poor, aren't going to think about how their purchasing behavior effects pricing for other people. And doubly so when it comes to luxury goods. For what it's worth, I'm not buying any $10k pinball machines either, nor are most other people on Pinside.

#614 10 months ago

In on a Royal. Had to upgrade from the special after seeing and playing this one.

20191104_182514 (resized).jpg20191104_220013 (resized).jpg20191104_220021 (resized).jpg20191104_220028 (resized).jpg20191104_220905 (resized).jpg20191104_221246 (resized).jpg
#615 10 months ago
Quoted from brucipher:

That's a good question. I wonder if it also includes the chaser lights on the long catapult plastic as well.

#616 10 months ago
Quoted from Frax:

I can't, and wouldn't even if I could.

Can definitely understand and respect that statement. There's not a bottle of wine I'd ever pay $500.00 for, let alone the thousands some go for. Could I? Technically, yes. Would I? Never.

I do think the term "rich" can be relative, however, and doesn't define a person. I've never put the value on $$$ that some do..just a tool to use in day to day. What I record as income could be considered rich to some, a joke/ insignificant to others. Grateful to be able to buy toys I want on occasion, but my definition of "rich" comes from things not associated with money. Fortunately, it's not my job to judge anyone based on anything, actually.....

#617 10 months ago
Quoted from simplykind:

In on a Royal. Had to upgrade from the special after seeing and playing this one.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Back on topic....That looks amazing!!! Can't wait for this one...

#618 10 months ago
Quoted from Frax:

Your opinion matters.

But not to me.

C9523D77-8516-4B4C-BC3F-782C39653B0E.gif
1 week later
#619 10 months ago

This looks really cool.
I'm new to the hobby, what is a good way to buy this machine? I live in Seattle, WA, USA.

#620 10 months ago
Quoted from WishyWashyPony:

This looks really cool.
I'm new to the hobby, what is a good way to buy this machine? I live in Seattle, WA, USA.

You have 2 options. You can try to find one on the secondhand market, or you can find a distributor that has one available. Distributors are listed at https://www.chicago-gaming.com/distributors/26

#621 10 months ago
Quoted from WishyWashyPony:

http://www.planetarypinball.com/ Call Sara.

LTG : )

1 month later
#622 8 months ago

Any word on when these are starting?

#623 8 months ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Any word on when these are starting?

I'd like to know this also. I'm guessing they are not going to start selling the kits till the machines start shipping.

#624 8 months ago

Also wondering about this. Were they supposed to start to ship by the end of january?

#625 8 months ago

Latest from my distro is mid-feb shipping for RE. The classic and special editions are supposed to ship before that. Upgrade parts should follow soon after I would guess.

#626 8 months ago

does anyone have a pic of the black diamond up close? Does anyone know if there are small or large flakes in it? thank you

#627 8 months ago

I would love to see a close up of the black diamond too

#628 8 months ago

I think it looks similar to bkle

1 month later
#629 6 months ago

Any date on when the kits are shipping?

1 month later
#630 5 months ago
Quoted from HarryReimer:

Any date on when the kits are shipping?

Our distro requested final payment last week. Hopefully will ship soon. We live in Australia so looking forward to having it around July!

1 month later
#631 4 months ago

Has anyone received their kit yet?

We are waiting patiently.

#632 4 months ago

shit, i sold my MMR

#633 4 months ago

Has anyone received their kit yet?
We are waiting patiently.

I was told by our Wayne, our's were shipping mid last month via container, so shouldn't be too long now.

#634 4 months ago
Quoted from Our_Man_in_Oz:

I was told by our Wayne, our's were shipping mid last month via container, so shouldn't be too long now.

That is what he told me too. If we have the kit at home by the 1st of July I will be happy.

I am hoping some of our friends in the USA have got their kits and can let us know what to expect putting the kits into the game.

#635 4 months ago

That is what he told me too. If we have the kit at home by the 1st of July I will be happy.
I am hoping some of our friends in the USA have got their kits and can let us know what to expect putting the kits into the game.

If you calc the normal sea freight times we should see them mid next month as it will have been at least 8 weeks by then. I was going to say I'm a little surprised none of the US or CAN owners have chimed in yet about receiving some.

#636 4 months ago

If you calc the normal sea freight times we should see them mid next month as it will have been at least 8 weeks by then. I was going to say I'm a little surprised none of the US or CAN owners have chimed in yet about receiving some.

I've been on PPS list since last October, and have received no word. I had heard they wouldn't start supplying upgrade kits until all the MMR's have been sent out....no idea if thats true or not

#637 4 months ago

Any word on whether this shipment actually left?

#638 4 months ago
Quoted from cooked71:

That is actually a good question. I will find out and post.

#639 4 months ago
Quoted from cooked71:

You are correct. Shipping delays, no ETA yet. Bummer..

I am glad I am not waiting for a game. All that money gone with nothing to show for it.

#640 4 months ago
Quoted from cooked71:

That is actually a good question. I will find out and post.

I'm surmising since Wayne said it was being loaded the week of the 6th April, it would have been on a ship with in a couple of weeks - I could be wrong there as I don't know how quickly the transport from factory to port would be or loading times. So woudn't hurt to find out.

#641 4 months ago

I am glad I am not waiting for a game. All that money gone with nothing to show for it.

you post as I was posting so that's the update right there.. So by delays, that it's not left or it was delayed leaving?

#642 4 months ago

you post as I was posting so that's the update right there.. So by delays, that it's not left or it was delayed leaving?

I only asked for an ETA, I did not ask where the container was. There will be an ETA maybe later this week. It could be a while.

#643 4 months ago

I only asked for an ETA, I did not ask where the container was. There will be an ETA maybe later this week. It could be a while.

Ok so we then can only surmise it's left at some stage late April or early this month. So possibly only been on the water for 4 weeks, may less.

#644 4 months ago

#645 4 months ago

Ok so we then can only surmise it's left at some stage late April or early this month. So possibly only been on the water for 4 weeks, may less.

Like cooked71 has said, maybe has not left Chicago yet.

#646 4 months ago

Like cooked71 has said, maybe has not left Chicago yet.

I wouldn't get that concerned about it. Wayne's post from April 4th about the container on FB said it was shipping 'next week'. So I'd have to think the thing actually left Chicago Gaming roughly around then. The logical delay would be getting out of port which isn't that unusual really with sea freight. I post to ask if there was much of a delay in getting the container on the water. So I'll see if Wayne replies..

#647 4 months ago

I wouldn't get that concerned about it. Wayne's post from April 4th about the container on FB said it was shipping 'next week'. So I'd have to think the thing actually left Chicago Gaming roughly around then. The logical delay would be getting out of port which isn't that unusual really with sea freight. I post to ask if there was much of a delay in getting the container on the water. So I'll see if Wayne replies..

We are all good. The stuff gets here when it gets here!

#648 4 months ago

I canceled my Royal Edition after figuring out what’s really going on. My distributor took full payment weeks ago. Then I found out that my game wasn’t ready to ship for the unknown future. They are still waiting on parts from China.

#649 4 months ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

I canceled my Royal Edition after figuring out what’s really going on. My distributor took full payment weeks ago. Then I found out that my game wasn’t ready to ship for the unknown future. They are still waiting on parts from China.

I don't blame u for being frustrated. I learned a long time ago to NEVER pay in full until my game is actually boxed up and ready to ship...CGC did this to me on both AFMLE and MBRLE....the good news is you'll eventually get the game if u can get over the emotional part!

#650 4 months ago

From what I herd Chicago is still under stay at home order. The Royal editions that got shipped were games waiting on parts before they could ship. Some parts came in and a few people finished about 20 games that went out.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 59.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
$ 349.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
There are 805 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 17.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside