(Topic ID: 253689)

Sneak Peek - MMR XL DIsplay & RGB Controlled GI's!

By PPS

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 896 posts
  • 191 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by northvibe
  • Topic is favorited by 61 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

B9524220-908C-4F87-97CD-1724BBE8B611 (resized).jpeg
745233d21df73ec3203f6fd0fc711758824a4857.jpeg (resized).jpg
WhatHappenedToThePrincess (resized).png
MMRTopperwiring (resized).jpg
Topper Install (resized).jpg
A996C2EE-265D-4B10-8CD1-7F13B857F453 (resized).jpeg
DAEF4422-8E4B-455A-B615-DAA4B76DF65C (resized).jpeg
9270E9FD-08D2-494C-84DA-172BA5DAE98A (resized).jpeg
8F29C924-2A53-414A-AFAE-F318C8B26DB1 (resized).jpeg
34CF75AE-01BD-47FB-8AFC-9DEC91A45EFC (resized).jpeg
3FA936FA-A657-48A3-B17D-657573EEFC96 (resized).jpeg
DSC00340 (resized).JPG
39B519CC-5D09-405F-8DA7-9B0B68E7D2C2.gif
62113227919__9018BBBB-0882-4FC0-B9A9-54EA39424BB6 (resized).JPG
shaker (resized).png
20200829_203433 (resized).jpg
There are 896 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 18.
#551 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I would like to know what exactly makes the RE limited. If it's just a number, who cares but if it's topper, or something else (which I heard it might be), then I'm in.

Nothing makes it limited...its just a standard MMr with all the bells and whistles....larger display, lighting, topper, blades, and powder coat...exactly what we got on MBRLE for $2K more. If it were me I'd get the SE, add the topper and call it good.

#552 4 years ago

The RGB upgrade.. do you have to swap out the light boards? Does anyone have more information on this?

#553 4 years ago
Quoted from HarryReimer:

The RGB upgrade.. do you have to swap out the light boards?

I don't know for sure. But I don't think you can get RGB out of plain LEDs.

We'll find out what is all in the kit soon enough.

LTG : )

#554 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Nothing makes it limited...its just a standard MMr with all the bells and whistles....larger display, lighting, topper, blades, and powder coat...exactly what we got on MBRLE for $2K more. If it were me I'd get the SE, add the topper and call it good.

Kind of in line w most "LE/RE" etc. Correct?
Gameplay always the same across platforms ( since it a huge sin, apparently).

Cool the CGC offers the existing owners a way to upgrade to their liking....

#555 4 years ago

From the MMR owners thread only minutes ago

96d566b10a72d7c33795b91f3cf4065ec4156308.pdf (resized).jpg96d566b10a72d7c33795b91f3cf4065ec4156308.pdf (resized).jpg
#556 4 years ago

I wonder how that black diamond armor looks in person?

#557 4 years ago

The Royal Edition looks very loaded. Have PPS powder coated the coin doors on past remakes?
Just emailed my distributor that I am re-confirmed for the Royal Edition.
I've missed my original MM and this will be my first re-make and likely a long-term keeper.
Can't wait to see this in person.

#558 4 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

The Royal Edition looks very loaded. Have PPS powder coated the coin doors on past remakes?
Just emailed my distributor that I am re-confirmed for the Royal Edition.
I've missed my original MM and this will be my first re-make and likely a long-term keeper.
Can't wait to see this in person.

$15k all in Canadian hurts.

#559 4 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Glossy black with a hint of sparkle. It looked really good on the Expo units.

#560 4 years ago

@halfwasted: Yeah, it's very pricey north of the boarder.
I do look at the MM Royal edition as a likely long-term to forever keeper.
I had been looking for a hep-type restore locally for some time; and at this point, I think the Royal model would fit the bill.
Hopefully, we'll get some hi-res photos posted soon.

#561 4 years ago

Quoted from Lame33:

Glossy black with a hint of sparkle. It looked really good on the Expo units.

Excellent description. It looks really good in person. A hint of sparkle doesn't always show up in pictures.

LTG : )

#562 4 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

From the MMR owners thread only minutes ago[quoted image]

Seriously why even offer a Classic Edition? I'd be surprised if they sold any of those considering $1K more gets you the large display, color upgrade, upgraded sound, and RGB LEDs/GI. Not sure how you can justify the cost of any of these editions compared to AFM and MB remakes.

#563 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Seriously why even offer a Classic Edition? I'd be surprised if they sold any of those considering $1K more gets you the large display, color upgrade, upgraded sound, and RGB LEDs/GI. Not sure how you can justify the cost of any of these editions compared to AFM and MB remakes.

u can't....buying an MMR is basically a $1.5 - $2K premium over AFM and MB ...these are great for CGC's bottom line, which I guess is good for pinball

#564 4 years ago

When people are dumb enough to spend 15k on Elvira SE when it's not even coded and offers premiums like a f'n piece of couch, the fact CGC is charging 10k for the nicest version of the #1 rated machine means they're literally leaving money on the table!

I'm no longer asking questions about how manufactures can charge X price for a pin.
After I saw Elvira SE sell out in days....I realized we don't deserve better. Dummies ruined it for everyone. Why should these companies charge less? We're just giving money away.

#565 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

I'd have been sorely tempted at another price point, but honestly this is the same price I paid years ago for an MMR Standard. It's all good. I wish it had been Standard + RGB $8k, plus $500 Special, + $500 Royal, but to quibble over $1k at the end of the day probably means I don't want it that much. Maybe I'll pick up one later as I think Standard runs will continue as long as there is demand.

Agree

#566 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

It's MM. MM doesn't have to justify shit. It's MM. It sells itself. Cuz it's MM.

Some people want a brand new MM that looks more like the real one without all the extra bling. That's why they're offering the Classic Edition.

#567 4 years ago

I don't mind orange dots on the older games. When I had an Addams family for a few years I wasn't tempted once to upgrade to color and I really enjoyed the display. I do think that some of the newer DMD games tried to do to much with the dots and hence they look better with color (game of thrones for example.

MMR or AFMR? I'm fine with the orange dots. I can see why most would spend the extra $1k for all the upgrades though.

#568 4 years ago
Quoted from iloveplywood:

I don't mind orange dots on the older games. When I had an Addams family for a few years I wasn't tempted once to upgrade to color and I really enjoyed the display. I do think that some of the newer DMD games tried to do to much with the dots and hence they look better with color (game of thrones for example.
MMR or AFMR? I'm fine with the orange dots. I can see why most would spend the extra $1k for all the upgrades though.

I love color dots across the board - none of my games have orange anymore....that being said, I have no problems with the standard display size. My MMr with the high rez color dots looks great on the standard display...I'm debating whether to get the XL display or not. I love it - but I also don't dislike what I've got.

#569 4 years ago

Only thing I see different is that the classic on MMR use to have a 1 year warranty. Now it the same as AFMR and MBR classic.

#570 4 years ago

Rick just posted this on the MMr thread...

Quoted from PPS:

fyi ... this is now released by CGC in terms of quantity of MMR Royal Editions ...
There will be 500 MMR's produced which include CE/Std (Classic), SE (Special), and RE (Royal) ... the Royals will be a subset of the total ... that subset is not going to be disclosed ... but there are alot of CE and SE orders that will be filled first.
The RE editions will ONLY be coming out of this run of MMR's ... and they will be on allocation to CGC resellers (i.e. resellers will only have a certain amount to sell). PPS has either the largest or one of the largest allocations ...
So, if you are in for an RE, then best to get your name on the list soon ... from what we can see RE's are going to sell out ...

#571 4 years ago

Very excited to add the RE to my gameroom.....moving to club thread as all the details seem to be sorted. Now the wait....

#572 4 years ago

Funny how he started this thread, but posted the goods in that one. Get back over here Rick!

#573 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Very excited to add the RE to my gameroom.....moving to club thread as all the details seem to be sorted. Now the wait....

T minus 6 months

#574 4 years ago

Will upgrades be purchased directly (ala the color chip) or through distributors?

#575 4 years ago

so is topper available for all previous owners, or just the royal edition??

#576 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

T minus 6 months

Lol...I was in early on WOZ, and Alien?...Sheer luck I even got a game after around 3 years....

Not expecting Stern quick, but I suspect this wait won't be too painful...At least I know the game is solid, so long as I don't have major problems ( Cleargate, etc.) I'm OK w a delay.

#577 4 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

Funny how he started this thread, but posted the goods in that one. Get back over here Rick!

Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Quoted from Vesper:

Will upgrades be purchased directly (ala the color chip) or through distributors?

Go to the owners thread. Sneak peak is over. Time to let this one die and keep all info in one thread.

#578 4 years ago

So Funny! I got roasted on this site for choosing black trim on my MMRLE....now the excitement is for the black (sure it has some sparkle)...Black has always been the way to go on this game!

#579 4 years ago

Agreed.

Quoted from hollywood:

Black has always been the way to go on this game!

#580 4 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

So Funny! I got roasted on this site for choosing black trim on my MMRLE....now the excitement is for the black (sure it has some sparkle)...Black has always been the way to go on this game!

Chrome would be my 1st choice and black would be my 2nd.

#581 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

According to the info sheet released yesterday, it is available separately for $650

#582 4 years ago

Just got lowballed on my LE, 6k. LOL!!!!! It's sold pending pickup anyways but good grief

#583 4 years ago

I curious, have we seen the implementation of RGB effects with MM game play? Not sure if the game really needs more than the simple LED effects we know today. Seems like an update to game code would be needed to provide a rich RGB implementation.

#584 4 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

I curious, have we seen the implementation of RGB effects with MM game play? Not sure if the game really needs more than the simple LED effects we know today. Seems like an update to game code would be needed to provide a rich RGB implementation.

From what little I've seen in videos, the rgb lighting also follows the speaker lighting. Don't know it is zoned or does any tricks during attract mode. Also noted the listing, in case others haven't noticed, for the upgraded display includes a speaker upgrade. I'm assuming that means the display speakers are changing, obviously, but also the cabinet speaker is getting upgraded? Does that also include some other components to support those new speakers? IOW some sort of circuitry to pump up the bass?

#585 4 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

I agree...stainless looks good as well...I wasn't a fan of the gold trim. I was at Cliff's house (Cliffy protectors) the other day and he has an original thats all brassed out....looked really nice.

#586 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Some people want a brand new MM that looks more like the real one without all the extra bling. That's why they're offering the Classic Edition.

Here, me!

I don't like the the design of the larger screen bezel and I'll never understand why people light their speaker grills,
since everything is reflecting on the glass. (But to each their own of course.)

Standard game, brighter and non flickering then an original would be is great for me.
But yes of course I like the color DMD. - But, but, but a friend of mine has the MMr but occasionally it switches back to low resolution monochromatic for a second. Seeing that was kind of a bummer.

#587 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

but a friend of mine has the MMr but occasionally it switches back to low resolution monochromatic for a second. Seeing that was kind of a bummer.

Ive seen this with my afmr as well. Not so much on mbr, but I’m sure it happens. Seems like it’s only a frame or 2 them it’s fine. Still prefer it though.

#588 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Here, me!
I don't like the the design of the larger screen bezel and I'll never understand why people light their speaker grills,
since everything is reflecting on the glass. (But to each their own of course.)
Standard game, brighter and non flickering then an original would be is great for me.
But yes of course I like the color DMD. - But, but, but a friend of mine has the MMr but occasionally it switches back to low resolution monochromatic for a second. Seeing that was kind of a bummer.

Never noticed that on any of CGC games, but than again I'm not staring at the screen that much....

#589 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Never noticed that on any of CGC games, but than again I'm not staring at the screen that much....

It’s pretty subtle and I don’t see it often.

#590 4 years ago

Black! NO this is the best color

9C1E2777-3968-42ED-A33C-DAA2345660E1.jpeg9C1E2777-3968-42ED-A33C-DAA2345660E1.jpeg
#591 4 years ago

I agree completely. It looks great. It looks like a shade of purple. What is the color called?

#592 4 years ago

Does the GI kit require a software patch? Can it be un-installed?

#593 4 years ago
Quoted from JHPSWE:

Black! NO this is the best color[quoted image]

Looks nice, but black looks a little better

#594 4 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Does the GI kit require a software patch? Can it be un-installed?

MBr has an option for classic lights or RGB lights....so I imagine it would be the same.

#595 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Looks nice, but black looks a little better

Black. Diamond Black.

32DC3A42-47D0-4BDB-AA5C-CB9612D3C8E2.gif32DC3A42-47D0-4BDB-AA5C-CB9612D3C8E2.gif
#596 4 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

I agree completely. It looks great. It looks like a shade of purple. What is the color called?

Don’t know the name but yes it’s a shade of purple in some lights

1 week later
#597 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Dummies ruined it for everyone.

Rich people are not necessarily SMART people, and they rarely care about anyone else being priced out of a market. Someone wake me up with NIB Sterns are back down to 4200, and then I'll see if there's anything I'm interested in at that time. *yawn*

#598 4 years ago

I have the classic edition remake with a lot of mod work put in, so replacing isn't an option for me. Still, I am VERY glad CGC is doing this. This pin absolutely deserves the royal treatment no pun intended! Makes me excited to see what they do for remake #4!!

#599 4 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Rich people are not necessarily SMART people, and they rarely care about anyone else being priced out of a market.

I'd guess that very few people of any socio-economic status care much about anyone else being priced out of the market for a luxury good like pinball.

#600 4 years ago

Has anyone ordered a XL large screen DMD kit for their MMr?

Do we have a date on when the screen will become available?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 45.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 29.95
$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 896 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 18.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sneak-peek-mmr-xl-display-amp-rgb-controlled-gi-s/page/12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.