(Topic ID: 253689)

Sneak Peek - MMR XL DIsplay & RGB Controlled GI's!

By PPS

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 896 posts
  • 191 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by northvibe
  • Topic is favorited by 61 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

B9524220-908C-4F87-97CD-1724BBE8B611 (resized).jpeg
745233d21df73ec3203f6fd0fc711758824a4857.jpeg (resized).jpg
WhatHappenedToThePrincess (resized).png
MMRTopperwiring (resized).jpg
Topper Install (resized).jpg
A996C2EE-265D-4B10-8CD1-7F13B857F453 (resized).jpeg
DAEF4422-8E4B-455A-B615-DAA4B76DF65C (resized).jpeg
9270E9FD-08D2-494C-84DA-172BA5DAE98A (resized).jpeg
8F29C924-2A53-414A-AFAE-F318C8B26DB1 (resized).jpeg
34CF75AE-01BD-47FB-8AFC-9DEC91A45EFC (resized).jpeg
3FA936FA-A657-48A3-B17D-657573EEFC96 (resized).jpeg
DSC00340 (resized).JPG
39B519CC-5D09-405F-8DA7-9B0B68E7D2C2.gif
62113227919__9018BBBB-0882-4FC0-B9A9-54EA39424BB6 (resized).JPG
shaker (resized).png
20200829_203433 (resized).jpg
There are 896 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 18.
#501 4 years ago
Quoted from Otto110:

I'm just hoping all this includes an update to raise the voices in the game. Love the game, but you can't hear the castle bosses. It's actually the biggest drawback of the remake. It takes away the charm of the game. AFM definitely has the best sound of the three.

I agree, an update to boost the volume on the voices, even a little, would be excellent. I can hear them all fine when only Medieval Madness is running, but with the ambient noise of the whole gameroom, they just get lost.

#502 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Wow ....sold my restored modded original a while back.... but with all the new upgrades i may own this new version ... good job pps and cgc

#503 4 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

Apple gives a trade in credit.

Because they turn around and sell it at a cheaper price to someone else as a refurbished device. You can't charge full price for a used product and claim it is new.

#504 4 years ago

Anyone have a good video of the RGB show where we can see actual gameplay affecting the colors? The vids posted so far don’t really show anything.

#505 4 years ago

Rather puzzling to see all current owners worried and even angry at a new and potentially better version coming out.

Are you feeling the same about your three year old bmw?

Where you standing hand in hand with your b/w medieval madness owners where their games dropped 4k in value on the mm-remake release?

Suggestion: if you really love the game and care more for that then the monetary aspect. Just be glad there will be more games out there, since it equals better chances of spare parts beeing available in the future.

#506 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Honestly complaints from existing MMR owners are completely baffling. They did everything they could to keep you happy. Didn't lower the price of the base game and offered the upgrade to you as accessories, which doesn't always happen when a machine is re-run. At this point the complaints are absolutely lame.

Agreed. As an original MMR-LE owner, I feel they totally did right by existing MMR owners.

I am not usually an expensive mod/topper guy...but seeing as how Medieval Madness is my personal GOAT I will be doing all of the upgrades. I hope PPS/CGC put together a nice package of all of the upgrades together (with a little price reduction? ).

#507 4 years ago

Do we have dimensions on the topper? My ceiling clearance is tight.

#508 4 years ago

So I have AFMLE and MBLE with matching numbers. I bought the original MMRLE but have since sold it.

Did anyone ask about number matching on the new MMR Royale with Cheese edition?

Sure would soothe my OCD to have a matching number.

#509 4 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

So I have AFMLE and MBLE with matching numbers. I bought the original MMRLE but have since sold it.

So far there have been NO discussions about limiting/numbering the Royale edition. The information hasn’t been “officially” released by CGC yet so things may change.

Cheers,

#510 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Rather puzzling to see all current owners worried and even angry at a new and potentially better version coming out.
Where you standing hand in hand with your b/w medieval madness owners where their games dropped 4k in value on the mm-remake release?
Suggestion: if you really love the game and care more for that then the monetary aspect. Just be glad there will be more games out there, since it equals better chances of spare parts beeing available in the future.

It seems the majority of existing owners have actually been just the opposite of what you described. Once we understood that these upgrades can be retrofit at a comparable price point to NIB, most have been commenting that CGC did this the right way.

The ones that I've noticed being the most vocal seem to be a subset that feel CGC should have reduced the price (with the new upgrades) to a what they have been selling AFM & MB remakes. This makes little sense as they've been selling MMr at 8k since the beginning and have had no problem getting that price at the base level SE.

Now that I understand all of the details, I think most of us would agree CGC did this in the best way possible for all parties

#511 4 years ago
Quoted from wamoc:

Because they turn around and sell it at a cheaper price to someone else as a refurbished device. You can't charge full price for a used product and claim it is new.

I totally agree.....that being said its not unreasonable for CGC to provide some sort of credit for the panel, and either refurbish them and sell through Planetary (as used/refurbished) or use as replacement items for people who have failures in the field....

#512 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinless:

This didn’t look like anyone defending the pricing. It sounds like someone feeling entitled to a huge discount to any, and all, future enhancements of the pin.

Read the entire thread. I made the mistake of not starting from the beginning so I understood these changes could be retrofit at a similar price point. Five posts or so later I acknowledged that and that CGC did this in a fair way that would mitigate devaluing of existing customers games and allow us to upgrade if we want.

One thing this thread has taught me is 1) make sure you read the entire thread and information before posting or face the wrath of pinside and 2) Some of the Pinside community can be a pretty harsh when you post something contrary to the prevailing sentiment of the thread. Lesson learned.

#513 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Read the entire thread. I made the mistake of not starting from the beginning so I understood these changes could be retrofit at a similar price point. Five posts or so later I acknowledged that and that CGC did this fair and the right way.
Of course, you either didn't read or want to acknowledge that part, right?

I read all of your posts, including the first one where you went on a rant without actually reading any previous posts.

Long story short is CGC doesn’t owe you anything (AKA “a huge discount“). You bought one of their toys several years ago. They’re allowed to produce another batch with upgrades and sell at whatever price they want.

It’s cool that the upgrades are backwards compatible, and the price maintains your value, but it’s not the end of the world if either of those weren’t true.

We should be thankful they’re producing remakes of these fantastic, high-quality games, and not sharpening the pitchforks and ready to riot if things don’t go your way.

#514 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinless:

I read all of your posts, including the first one where you went on a rant without actually reading any previous posts.
Long story short is CGC doesn’t owe you anything (AKA “a huge discount“). You bought one of their toys several years ago. They’re allowed to produce another batch with upgrades and sell at whatever price they want.
It’s cool that the upgrades are backwards compatible, and the price maintains your value, but it’s not the end of the world if either of those weren’t true.
We should be thankful they’re producing remakes of these fantastic, high-quality games, and not sharpening the pitchforks and ready to riot if things don’t go your way.

If you read all of my posts, then why are you doubling down on your narrative? You're conveniently ignoring the fact I later acknowledged that the changes were fair and I am happy they made it so existing owners could upgrade.

If you're going to only use my initial not yet fully informed reaction to try to paint some kind of self serving negative narrative about me, at least be fair about it.

My mistake was discussing this initially here rather than in the MMr owners thread where people would have civilly corrected me and helped me understand the changes.

Now that I understood the changes, we are basically on the same page.
Get off your soapbox already.

#515 4 years ago

As an original MMRLE owner I'm not really happy with this.
Basically the LE model is the high end best version and CGC is about to release a much improved version at probably a similar price point as what I paid...

Of course I'm not happy as this will depreciate the value of my own MMRLE!!

The additions are beautiful though, that I need to admit!

Sad to see that the LE model is not respected by companies like JJP and CGC...

#516 4 years ago

I'm waiting for the exploding castle topper for $15k. Or the real fire breathing dragon for $20k! Seriously, this looks awesome. I've just owned so many that I'm gonna sit out for now, having just bought a couple of new machines. I'd have been sorely tempted at another price point, but honestly this is the same price I paid years ago for an MMR Standard. It's all good. I wish it had been Standard + RGB $8k, plus $500 Special, + $500 Royal, but to quibble over $1k at the end of the day probably means I don't want it that much. Maybe I'll pick up one later as I think Standard runs will continue as long as there is demand.

#517 4 years ago

Well technically all the MMR’s are the high end best version. There was nothing exclusive on the LE’s besides the numbered plague and trim colors, which anyone could have done after the fact. You actually got more for your money with the LE. Everyone else had to pay more for what you got.

#518 4 years ago
Quoted from Bingovit:

As an original MMRLE owner I'm not really happy with this.
Basically the LE model is the high end best version and CGC is about to release a much improved version at probably a similar price point as what I paid...
Of course I'm not happy as this will depreciate the value of my own MMRLE!!
The additions are beautiful though, that I need to admit!
Sad to see that the LE model is not respected by companies like JJP and CGC...

Careful. Some of the crowd here will be sharpening their pitchforks knowing you're selfishly concerned about the value of the game you purchased previously.

Sarcasm aside, I initially felt similar to you (I am an SE owner). Once I understood that these upgrades could be retrofit on existing MMrs at what will essentially be a similar price point, though, I think CGC is trying to be fair and do the best they can.

I own a Tron Pro as well and worry what will happen to its value when/if Stern vaults it. I bought it just 3 months ago knowing a vault may happen and was willing to take the risk since I really like the game.

One thing I'm learning in this hobby is the companies that make these want to make money first and foremost. Customer considerations will always be secondary. At least CGC is taking existing customers into consideration by making retrofit possible at similar price points

#519 4 years ago

Loving the look of the “signature” MMr. Giving it serious consideration. In spite of it being another 2 flipper-fan layout, it is the gold standard. Already have a bad ass AFM. Funny it has me reconsidering MBr as a deal too.

#520 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Loving the look of the “signature” MMr. Giving it serious consideration. In spite of it being another 2 flipper-fan layout, it is the gold standard. Already have a bad ass AFM. Funny it has me reconsidering MBr as a deal too.

MBrLE is the best deal in high end NIB games right now. Just a loaded game, and gorgeous. The RGB is beautifully implemented, the toys upgraded, great topper, excellent sound package, shaker, beautiful engraved plaque on the lockdown bar, mirror blades, perfect powder coat. Unless this MMr is equivalent, MBrLE is the best effort from CGC so far. With the exception of the topper, I'm not seeing the toy upgrades here, such as troll eyes, dragon breath/wing leds, merlin figure with crystal ball, catapult, etc. But these are fun mods to do.

#521 4 years ago

Any word from PPS yet on final pricing & features list regarding the Royal edition?
I've reached out to my local distributor but haven't heard any update as of yet.

#522 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

MBrLE is the best deal in high end NIB games right now. Just a loaded game, and gorgeous. The RGB is beautifully implemented, the toys upgraded, great topper, excellent sound package, shaker, beautiful engraved plaque on the lockdown bar, mirror blades, perfect powder coat. Unless this MMr is equivalent, MBrLE is the best effort from CGC so far. With the exception of the topper, I'm not seeing the toy upgrades here, such as troll eyes, dragon breath/wing leds, merlin figure with crystal ball, catapult, etc. But these are fun mods to do.

I couldn't agree more, and the $8K price point its by far the greatest value in pinball (on a NIB game). All CGC did was upgrade MMR to the MBR standards with the larger display, RGB lighting, blades, and topper...actually a smart move on their end.

#523 4 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Do we have dimensions on the topper? Mine ceiling clearance is tight.

I didn't measure it at expo. To me it looked very similar in size to the one for Monster Bash, which is about 10 inches high.

We'll know for when when announced or people get them.

LTG : )

#524 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Cargument = You’re cancelled.

No one is (or should be) upset, as they’ve offered all the upgrades to current MMr owners, and the price of the upgrades puts it in line (if not a bit cheaper) than getting a new one with all the upgrades. It was a perfect way to go - they can sell rad new games, they can sell kits to the thousands who have it already...everyone’s happy, win win.

#525 4 years ago

Where's the Bro Shur on the new super mega model. I ordered it sight unseen like a crazy man in the wild west yelling yeeehawwwwwww

#526 4 years ago

The mind boggles that they spent the time and effort to have four gorgeous machines at Expo and even leaked their own product online to whip everyone into a frenzy and then momentum killing radio silence.

That looks nice... Here is my wheelbarrow full of money, please take it... Hey, where did you go?

#527 4 years ago

Hellooooo

#528 4 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

I haven't even heard that they're numbered, just that they're not making them forever.

#529 4 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

I haven't even heard that they're numbered, just that they're not making them forever.

What you mean is:
They are gearing up to run as many as they think they will sell before game #4 is on the line. Anyone that misses out this run will have to wait until they get it back on the line again between #4 & #5.

#530 4 years ago
Quoted from Lame33:

The mind boggles that they spent the time and effort to have four gorgeous machines at Expo and even leaked their own product online to whip everyone into a frenzy and then momentum killing radio silence.
That looks nice... Here is my wheelbarrow full of money, please take it... Hey, where did you go?

Maybe the are rethinking the pricing strategy?

#531 4 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I doubt it....seems pretty thought out + I am sure they make good money on the "royal" version...

#532 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

What you mean is:
They are gearing up to run as many as they think they will sell before game #4 is on the line. Anyone that misses out this run will have to wait until they get it back on the line again between #4 & #5.

Beats me. I'm sure MMR's with XL displays and RGB will enter the CGC product line, but the toppers will probably be the "get it while you can" part of the equation. They probably won't make those forever. Although who knows?

The Royal will be a nice grab, and yeah, it takes some of the shine off the LE for sure. But this is pinball, and EVERYTHING is limited, so I'm not losing any sleep that there will be a few more fancy MMRs out there. Hell, as it is I bet there are more LEs than Standards anyways.

Maybe they're keeping MMR as the crown jewel? Maybe they contractually have to charge $8K+? Who knows. All I know is, it's pretty bad ass that they made less expensive versions of MB and AFM and it is kind of a shame that they can't or won't do it for MMR. But if you love MM, it's worth the extra, it is a bad ass game for sure, and better than any Stern LE out there, IMO.

#533 4 years ago

I’m sure they will sell several hundred more at the prices they are now. In the other hand they are pricing themselves out of many buyers.

#534 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

I think PPS and CGC want to keep all their existing customers as happy as possible. Pinball is normally a repeat sale so why would you cheapen the experience for all the original owners when the stats show they will probably buy again?
They have already sold plenty MMr and they will sell plenty more.

Of course that's understandable.

But as posted way earlier, someone like Stern announces their AC/DC Luci Vault right after a lot of people that would've preferred that one, got the Premium Vault. Or release a Munsters Premium Color and hurt resell value of Premiums & LEs alike.
And they seem to get away with it unhurt.

So, just wanting to say handling it the other way around is understandable either.
That's all.

#535 4 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Where's the Bro Shur on the new super mega model. I ordered it sight unseen like a crazy man in the wild west yelling yeeehawwwwwww

Me too. Wife be damned. You know what I’m talking about...

#536 4 years ago

My deposit is in. This game has been out of my reach for almost 20 flippin years.
I'm getting the base model because tax here is really high. But I love that the kit is available. I will upgrade my game next year.
Now here is hoping I get it soon but I would guess the more expensive options are going to run first.

#537 4 years ago
Quoted from pinfarmer:

My deposit is in. This game has been out of my reach for almost 20 flippin years.
I'm getting the base model because tax here is really high. But I love that the kit is available. I will upgrade my game next year.
Now here is hoping I get it soon but I would guess the more expensive options are going to run first.

I am with you just on the SE so I get the rgb and larger display. Lets hope the topper will be readily available for some time to come so we can always add it on at a later date. Have to wait until the new year as I promised the gf only one new pin a year and I git my MBrLE this year already. That's why I want the MMr as they will sit nice together

#538 4 years ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

I am with you just on the SE so I get the rgb and larger display. Lets hope the topper will be readily available for some time to come so we can always add it on at a later date. Have to wait until the new year as I promised the gf only one new pin a year and I git my MBrLE this year already. That's why I want the MMr as they will sit nice together

I have my MBr LE and MMr LE next to each other....they look great together.

#539 4 years ago
Quoted from pinfarmer:

I haven't seen anything official yet, what features will be in each of the versions?

#540 4 years ago
Quoted from wamoc:

I haven't seen anything official yet, what features will be in each of the versions?

Nothing official announced at all. We’re all in the dark. News on MMRRE soon perhaps?

#541 4 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Nothing official announced at all. We’re all in the dark. News on MMRRE soon perhaps?

This week for official announcement, RE limited, don't know the # they will make. Will be ready to ship in January.

That's all I was told, as a buyer. Excited to get this one!!

#542 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

This week for official announcement, RE limited, don't know the # they will make. Will be ready to ship in January.

Congrats! I am sure you will love the game. We have a standard and absolutely love it.

#543 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Congrats! I am sure you will love the game. We have a standard and absolutely love it.

Thanks!!! Played an original and remake several times over the years. Have no idea why it fell off my radar...saw this version and bam!!! knew it belonged....

#544 4 years ago

Emailed my local distributor that I’m interested in the Royal edition.

He emailed back confirming pricing is set at USD $9,999 and delivery for the Royal model won’t be until first quarter next year (unless this is updated along the way).

Would rather have it sooner but it gives me time to save up for it longer.
Really psyched to get this beauty in our games room.

#545 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I would like to know what exactly makes the RE limited. If it's just a number, who cares but if it's topper, or something else (which I heard it might be), then I'm in.

#546 4 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

Emailed my local distributor that I’m interested in the Royal edition.
He emailed back confirming pricing is set at USD $9,999 and delivery for the Royal model won’t be until first quarter next year (unless this is updated along the way).
Would rather have it sooner but it gives me time to save up for it longer.
Really psyched to get this beauty in our games room.

Also cgc has always ran month's behind expectations. Keep that in mind .

#547 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I would like to know what exactly makes the RE limited. If it's just a number, who cares but if it's topper, or something else (which I heard it might be), then I'm in.

Have u owned a mm yet? If not you may wanna just get a huo one as quickly as you get tired of pins.... its not any better than afm or mb which you have had. I actually prefer afm over the others but opinions may vary. 10000-10500 is lot of cash if u end up not keeping it long.

#548 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Also cgc has always ran month's behind expectations. Keep that in mind .

Was MBrLE slower than AFMrLE, shipping wise? I wasn't in on that one, but my AFMrLE shipped in the timeline expected ( I think)...Remember batches being made, between standards.

Makes me think the MMrRE is going to go out sooner, but who knows....I don't really care...anxious, but waiting no big deal

#549 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

My guess based on what I saw is it's got all the bells and whistles w different armor ( and an RE# I suppose).

Really like the big display, topper, and think the integrated RGB lighting during gameplay is going to look great.

Proven gameplay, modern enhancements, in a new machine. Plan on keeping it, so this version appeals to me most...

#550 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Thanks!!! Played an original and remake several times over the years. Have no idea why it fell off my radar...saw this version and bam!!! knew it belonged....

Post plenty of photos!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Idaho Falls, ID
$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 64.99
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bettendorf, IA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 896 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 18.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sneak-peek-mmr-xl-display-amp-rgb-controlled-gi-s/page/11?hl=etien and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.