(Topic ID: 253689)

Sneak Peek - MMR XL DIsplay & RGB Controlled GI's!

By PPS

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 896 posts
  • 191 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by northvibe
  • Topic is favorited by 61 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

B9524220-908C-4F87-97CD-1724BBE8B611 (resized).jpeg
745233d21df73ec3203f6fd0fc711758824a4857.jpeg (resized).jpg
WhatHappenedToThePrincess (resized).png
MMRTopperwiring (resized).jpg
Topper Install (resized).jpg
A996C2EE-265D-4B10-8CD1-7F13B857F453 (resized).jpeg
DAEF4422-8E4B-455A-B615-DAA4B76DF65C (resized).jpeg
9270E9FD-08D2-494C-84DA-172BA5DAE98A (resized).jpeg
8F29C924-2A53-414A-AFAE-F318C8B26DB1 (resized).jpeg
34CF75AE-01BD-47FB-8AFC-9DEC91A45EFC (resized).jpeg
3FA936FA-A657-48A3-B17D-657573EEFC96 (resized).jpeg
DSC00340 (resized).JPG
39B519CC-5D09-405F-8DA7-9B0B68E7D2C2.gif
62113227919__9018BBBB-0882-4FC0-B9A9-54EA39424BB6 (resized).JPG
shaker (resized).png
20200829_203433 (resized).jpg
There are 896 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 18.
#451 4 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

It’s been $8k. It’s always been $8k since release. I don’t get why people EXPECTED a price drop. Would it be nice? Sure. But demand is high and they sell them as fast as they make them.
I actually did kinda think MMR would get a “Classic” edition with a price drop myself, lol.
To be honest tho, I’d be thanking CGC for selling MBR and AFMR (although AFM also didn’t sell for MM/MB money) for less (or at least having a cheaper option) rather than blasting them for keeping MMR at its price point. Yeah it’s expensive, but it’s the best.

CGC did the best they could to not devalue the existing games + they were already taking a lot of preorders so they clearly know they could sell the game at $8K without the shaker and color chip. I heard directly from PP that the display upgrade (if u already have color is $650), Topper is $600, and the lighting was $99-$199. I was confused why there was a spread on the lighting, but now I get that its only $99 if u buy the topper...I'll probably upgrade my LE (only has 75 game plays )with the topper and lighting (since its cheap)...probably pass on the display....sure would be nice if there was a trade in program

#452 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

You can add all the lighting and bling you want but the game remains the same as 20-30 years ago.

Great games are forever. Let's see if anyone gives a rat's F about the current games in 20-30 years. MM's rep is baked in the cake...it doesn't need to prove anything else, it's already done it and will always be great - at home or on location.

Quoted from Richthofen:

CGC, if you’re watching this, I just want an MMR for $6k. No fancy screen, no colorbombing, no topper. Just my favorite game at a slightly-more-than-Stern-pro price.

If it was your favorite game, you'd have one. They've offered a bare-bones "classic" version of MM since 2015 & now are offering it again. It's $8k. Before that it was $20k for a comparable game. If you want the real original one, those are out there and CGC's existence brought the price down. So ungrateful, I tells ya...

#453 4 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

CGC, if you’re watching this, I just want an MMR for $6k. No fancy screen, no colorbombing, no topper. Just my favorite game at a slightly-more-than-Stern-pro price.

who wouldn't ... never happen if u want NIB...I'm sure u can find a nice HUO stock one for the $7K range or possibly an original that needs fixing up...

#454 4 years ago

I think if the royal edition is 10k. The topper should be exclusive to that edition. Makes the price justified.

#455 4 years ago
Quoted from Halfwasted:

I think if the royal edition is 10k. The topper should be exclusive to that edition. Makes the price justified.

Why? its not a limited edition....they've already don't that....they have thousands of MMR's in the field that might buy toppers....no brainer for CGC

#456 4 years ago

Agreed, I don't think anything should be exclusive at this point. I know CGC has released a couple more machines since they first did MMR and have introduced a 3 tiered model and price point. I own both of the other machines in the LE format as well. However, MMR was not sold to the public like that. They decided on a 1000 and then realized the demand was higher. I don't think early adopters should be left in the cold at this point. Sure no discounts, but if you want it you can have it seems reasonable.

BTW I'm not an early adopter, but was fully prepared to buy a NIB MMR. This new edition is icing on the cake. Yeah it's more than I intended to spend, but I wanted a few upgrades either way.

#457 4 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

You and Hilton.

#458 4 years ago

All I know is I feel bloated and look 8 months pregnant I’m going to bed

#459 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Great games are forever. Let's see if anyone gives a rat's F about the current games in 20-30 years. MM's rep is baked in the cake...it doesn't need to prove anything else, it's already done it and will always be great - at home or on location.

If it was your favorite game, you'd have one. They've offered a bare-bones "classic" version of MM since 2015 & now are offering it again. It's $8k. Before that it was $20k for a comparable game. If you want the real original one, those are out there and CGC's existence brought the price down. So ungrateful, I tells ya...

Meh..its ok i like many other pins much more. It didn't get played much so i got rid of it. Like i said i love b/w pins but everything gets old in home use especially older pins in a smaller collection like mine.. so the newer pins tend to hold up better for me due to many reasons. Also most of us wont be around in 20-30 years so not really worried about that.. i care about now and they are making some great new pins

#460 4 years ago

Gotta hand it to CGC and this Royale move.
They seem to have navigated the waters while not ticking off existing LE owners in the process.
Nicely done.

B28F23B6-FAE1-4FAC-A23B-093EF3A34CC5 (resized).jpegB28F23B6-FAE1-4FAC-A23B-093EF3A34CC5 (resized).jpeg

#461 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Meh..its ok i like many other pins much more. It didn't get played much so i got rid of it. Like i said i love b/w pins but everything gets old in home use especially older pins in a smaller collection like mine.. so the newer pins tend to hold up better for me due to many reasons. Also most of us wont be around in 20-30 years so not really worried about that.. i care about now and they are making some great new pins

I see your point but outside of CGC, I wouldn't say the playfield quality is that great on the new games Stern & JJP are cranking out right now.

Newer with more bells and whistles doesn't always mean better, either. I had a WOZ for 10 months and sold it recently. Beautiful game with a ton of stuff and bling but I never really enjoyed it that much. Have had my MMr for two years now and dont plan on selling anytime soon.

#462 4 years ago

Where’s all the big announcements? Pictures of trim? Production details, etc?

#463 4 years ago

OK, so I have a MMR with the color chip. If I upgrade to the XL display, that's $650.00, and I have to swap out the entire display panel.

What value does the old smaller display and panel assembly have? I can't put it in any other game but another CGC game, and who would even need that?

At least with the ColorDMD product I could use the old DMD display in a different game.

RM

#464 4 years ago

I've got all my troops amassed at the morder--I'm just waiting for the go-ahead!

#465 4 years ago
Quoted from pinlawyer:

I've got all my troops amassed at the morder--I'm just waiting for the go-ahead!

Who said what now?

916D299A-34A7-4C1D-81C7-D18DA1E6A5A4 (resized).jpeg916D299A-34A7-4C1D-81C7-D18DA1E6A5A4 (resized).jpeg
#466 4 years ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

OK, so I have a MMR with the color chip. If I upgrade to the XL display, that's $650.00, and I have to swap out the entire display panel.
What value does the old smaller display and panel assembly have? I can't put it in any other game but another CGC game, and who would even need that?
At least with the ColorDMD product I could use the old DMD display in a different game.
RM

Then dont upgrade. You cant expect a company who comes out with new technology 4 years later and offers it as an add on to backdate every previous buyer and offer them some sort of magic refund. The functionality remains the same, the cosmetic aspect is the only avenue thats changed

#467 4 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Where’s all the big announcements? Pictures of trim? Production details, etc?

Kind of wondering the same thing..Thought it was being announced this weekend, as they were giving "sneak previews"?

Did anyone see it at the show? I'm confused now...

#468 4 years ago
Quoted from JustLikeMe:

So am I correct in assuming I could in theory buy a MMR on the secondary market and then purchase the XL display and the RGB GI to install?

yes

Quoted from tilted81:

Just curious... does this mean I can upgrade the gi in my afm? The software wouldn’t support it?

I predict at some stage there will be a GI update for AFM...

Neil

#469 4 years ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

RM

The panel fits any Williams WPC. The screen could be spare part but the value of it is pretty low. I'm thinking of making a frame to put the screen in. The speakers are junk, really hoping CGC include new speaker with the update.

Neil

#470 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

That’s the system, you got it right. It’s a time honored tradition. I may still get one but lean towards a new game or MBrLE. Neil looks like he has the cash to spend, but even rich people like a good deal.

Apologies and I like a good deal also! but every time I see RubberDuck post he is moaning about the price of something!

Cheers,
Neil.

#471 4 years ago

CGC - I think you forgot to actually announce the damn thing formally.

Can we get some details? Why do pinball companies struggle so much with this type of thing (except for Stern of course).

#472 4 years ago

Expo IS going on right now, right? Or did I get my dates mixed up...

#473 4 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Who said what now?[quoted image]

Seinfeld reference from the "Master of My Domain" episode.

#474 4 years ago

CGC, where is the flyer with the details already!?

#475 4 years ago
Quoted from SkillShot:

CGC, where is the flyer with the details already!?

B9CA68AF-E7D4-4ADD-A696-A2A0E108D2C2 (resized).jpegB9CA68AF-E7D4-4ADD-A696-A2A0E108D2C2 (resized).jpeg
#476 4 years ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

A trade in credit would be nice. They could refurb the panels and displays in future builds of Classic Editions. Would be a waste to just throw the old panels out.

#477 4 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Why would it?

Because we all would like that.

#478 4 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Expo IS going on right now, right? Or did I get my dates mixed up...

It’s over. Last day was Saturday.

#479 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Apologies and I like a good deal also! but every time I see rubberduck post he is moaning about the price of something!
Cheers,
Neil.

Complete rubbish. Only other pricing I'd commented about reasonably recently re: a reduction was MMr(r) when it was being discussed previously. That was months ago.

#480 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

It’s over. Last day was Saturday.

9D3819A9-B07E-4FFF-8DE1-8752558A2C64.gif9D3819A9-B07E-4FFF-8DE1-8752558A2C64.gif
#481 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

A trade in credit would be nice. They could refurb the panels and displays in future builds of Classic Editions. Would be a waste to just throw the old panels out.

We should create a list of things CGC can do to keep all MMR owners happy:

1. No price reductions that would devalue their pin
2. Backwards compatibility on any upgrades
3. Trade in credit on any unwanted parts
4. Recycle unwanted parts into new pins

#482 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinless:

Pretty sure if I'm paying 10k for a freaking game, I do NOT want your refurb leftovers.

*Edit* Resell returned / refurb items at a discount for people that want to upgrade.

#483 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinless:

2. Backwards compatibility on any upgrades
3. Trade in credit on any unwanted parts

Why would anyone buying a new pin from them want recycled parts in it???

#484 4 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Why would anyone buying a new pin from them want recycled parts in it???

Ask Rarehero, that was his idea.

I’m finding a lot of these reactions to the latest MMR2 production humorous, so I thought I’d create a list.

#485 4 years ago

Honestly complaints from existing MMR owners are completely baffling. They did everything they could to keep you happy. Didn't lower the price of the base game and offered the upgrade to you as accessories, which doesn't always happen when a machine is re-run. At this point the complaints are absolutely lame.

#486 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

When has a manufacturer ever offered a trade-in credit? The panel is a standard WPC panel and can be sold just like any other part.

#487 4 years ago

sar·casm
/ˈsärˌkazəm/
noun
the use of irony to mock or convey contempt.

#488 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

When has a manufacturer ever offered a trade-in credit? The panel is a standard WPC panel and can be sold just like any other part.

Was thinking more along the lines of the screen being useful to someone else, but I guess this was a horrible idea. Throw out your old screens, everyone!!!

#489 4 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Pretty sure if I'm paying 10k for a freaking game, I do NOT want your refurb leftovers.
*Edit* Resell returned / refurb items at a discount for people that want to upgrade.

$6k AFM and MB remakes with the small screen aren’t $10k....and for all anyone knows, all mfg’s could be using refurbed display screens...who would know?

#490 4 years ago

In!!!! screw it....looks like a beautiful version of this timeless classic.....

#491 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Was thinking more along the lines of the screen being useful to someone else, but I guess this was a horrible idea. Throw out your old screens, everyone!!!

Recycle it at your local Best Buy

#492 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

$6k AFM and MB remakes with the small screen aren’t $10k....and for all anyone knows, all mfg’s could be using refurbed display screens...who would know?

I still would prefer to not have someone else's LCD that's been used for potentially 2-3 years in a damn 6-8k game EITHER. And sure, they could, but at that point they're not telling the customer that and they're risking their warranty money and reputation doing so. Nobody is buying a NIB game expecting OR wanting refurb parts in it. If the factory is replacing the entire LCD panel as part of the refurb process, and just keeping the driving electronics, then to me it's not as big an issue, but others would likely disagree.

Quoted from Rarehero:

Talk about a knee-jerk bitch baby response. I had edited my comment to provide a viable alternative to just trashing them as well.

#493 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

News flash, this just in from CGC. They announced a trade in punch card policy. For every screen that you turn in that over one year old, you’ll receive a punch on your card. Once you fill up 10 punches, you’ll receive a free keychain

#494 4 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Why would it?
Competition doesn’t.
I may not like it, but price points are being tested and the market is supporting new 10k+ games.
Good for CGC.

Go tell it to those jumping on me for defending the MMr pricing...

#495 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

When has a manufacturer ever offered a trade-in credit?

Apple gives a trade in credit.

#496 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Go tell it to those jumping on me for defending the MMr pricing...

Quoted from Utesichiban:

The new display and/or topper should be offered at a huge discount to all original MMr owners. BS you guys come out with these enhancements now given how many of us already paid for the game.

This didn’t look like anyone defending the pricing. It sounds like someone feeling entitled to a huge discount to any, and all, future enhancements of the pin.

#497 4 years ago

I'm happy to buy all three upgrades. I'm just hoping all this includes an update to raise the voices in the game. Love the game, but you can't hear the castle bosses. It's actually the biggest drawback of the remake. It takes away the charm of the game. AFM definitely has the best sound of the three.

#498 4 years ago
Quoted from Otto110:

I'm happy to buy all three upgrades. I'm just hoping all this includes an update to raise the voices in the game. Love the game, but you can't hear the castle bosses. It's actually the biggest drawback of the remake. It takes away the charm of the game. AFM definitely has the best sound of the three.

Suuuupppper jets !

#499 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinless:

If they lower the price it would make upcoming MMR owners very happy.

And early adopters still have the benefit of having the games YEARS in advance.

Pinball is the only hobby I know where you even think of something like "devaluing". Like, if Sony bring s the PS4 Pro to market (the one with Topper and Color Changing GI) the old model get's cheaper, not the new one more expensive.

#500 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

If they lower the price it would make upcoming MMR owners very happy.
And early adopters still have the benefit of having the games YEARS in advance.
Pinball is the only hobby I know where you even think of something like "devaluing". Like, if Sony bring s the PS4 Pro to market (the one with Topper and Color Changing GI) the old model get's cheaper, not the new one more expensive.

I think PPS and CGC want to keep all their existing customers as happy as possible. Pinball is normally a repeat sale so why would you cheapen the experience for all the original owners when the stats show they will probably buy again?

They have already sold plenty MMr and they will sell plenty more.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 45.00
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 64.99
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 896 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 18.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sneak-peek-mmr-xl-display-amp-rgb-controlled-gi-s/page/10?hl=greenandwhite and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.