(Topic ID: 63016)

Available Now, Metallica Speaker Panel from Back Alley!!!

By BackAlleyMatt

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
mop in works.JPG
mop.JPG
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
metallica-speakerpanel.jpg
bone_skull.jpg
green_skull.jpg
red_skull.jpg
full_red_skull.jpg
full_green_skull.jpg
full_bone_skull.jpg
skulls_on_both_side_panel_1.jpg
skull_on_panel_flames_1.jpg
skull_1.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BackAlleyMatt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

Here is a sneak peek at the new Metallica speaker panels I will offer at Expo this year. This version has the skulls on them. They will have a flame paint job in the background with a blue to purple fade behind the flames.

I will have several other custom speaker panels day debut at Expo.

More pics of this panel to follow.

// Error: Image 132555 not found // // Error: Image 132556 not found // skull_1.jpgskull_1.jpg skull_on_panel_flames_1.jpgskull_on_panel_flames_1.jpg

#2 10 years ago

Few more pics

skull_depth.jpegskull_depth.jpeg skulls_on_both_side_panel_1.jpgskulls_on_both_side_panel_1.jpg

#6 10 years ago

No worries Jim, I got the one I promised you Should have the other one too.....I take that back I will have the other one for you too. Thanks for waiting on it.

#8 10 years ago

LOL..u guys are cracking me up. See u in a few weeks. Thanks

#12 10 years ago

Also got these Metallica theme balls as well.
Flame Ball
Demon Skull Ball
and a lot of people have been getting the scarred eyeball as well for the game

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from BowlingJim:

Can you make some false teeth for the snake on Metallica?

Might be able to make something for the game. I'll have to see one in person and see what can be done. Might have to be out of silicone to take the ball hits and not crack but then mounting them might become an issue. I'll look into it.

1 week later
#15 10 years ago

Just about done.

full_bone_skull.jpgfull_bone_skull.jpg full_green_skull.jpgfull_green_skull.jpg full_red_skull.jpgfull_red_skull.jpg

#16 10 years ago

3 different skulls to chose from. I will offer all of them on the site for sale.

red_skull.jpgred_skull.jpg green_skull.jpggreen_skull.jpg bone_skull.jpgbone_skull.jpg

2 weeks later
#32 10 years ago

I have just a few panels avaliable pre expo. I will have about 10 for sale at expo. If your looking to get one at expo or before via mailed. LMK so I can plan ahead.

Pricing is $250 plus shipping with your choice of colored skull.

PM if your interested and lmk what color skull I only have about 6 panels that I can get done before expo. I will have them done by this weekend (12th)

Also if you have a MOP style I will be making a different panel with more matching colors, more reds then blues and purples. I will also make something different over the speaker grills to replace the skulls. But I will also offer the skulls. With this im mind if you have a MOP you might want to hold on. But its up to you as the panel looks good on MOP as well. Just want to give the heads up so no one is upset.

Thanks for the complements and yes if you want just the panel no skulls I will offer that as well.

#33 10 years ago

MOP with current style panel and red skulls

mop.JPGmop.JPG

#35 10 years ago

MOP panels starting to take shape. Still got touch ups, clear and pin stripping but getting there.

mop in works.JPGmop in works.JPG
#41 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

So do the skulls come off easily? I assume the head can't fold down with them installed?

Yes the skulls do come off easy. I wanted to screw them in through the back panel, this way they would never come off but if you go to put the back box down you have to unscrew them. That could become a pain in the ass.

So I opted for industrial strength velcro. U simply push the skull straight on and turn it a little left and right causing the velcro to really bight in. This stuff is tuff and I shook the hell out of a panel and the skull did not fall off. But if you don't twist the skull on then it doesn't stick.

I'll have the velcro and a board at expo to show how it mounts and how well it holds on. I will also post an install video on the website showing how they hold on. Don't want no broke tooth skulls.

#42 10 years ago
Quoted from PinManV:

Any way to attach the collectors plate (LE) to the new panel?

Yes you will need to get a security torx bit and simply unscrew it from the panel and screw it onto the new panel. As long as you have one of those bit's it super easy.

If anyone wants you can always send me your personal panel and I will paint that one for you. What ever is easier for you.

1 week later
#44 10 years ago

Just wanted to let everyone know I will have them listed on my website later this week for sale. Expo was great this year and I got a positive response from people on all the new panels.

I currently have to make more red panels but I have 5 blue ones currently done, with your choice of skulls.

Thanks.

3 weeks later
#46 10 years ago

Friday special!!!! Doing a quick pinside sale on Metallica Speaker panels. Ether version red or blue any skull.

$225 shipped any where in the US.
Today only til midnight.

LMK and thanks for the support.

#49 10 years ago
Quoted from Kramer:

Thanks for the special.I will take a Master of Puppets with bone skulls.I sent you a pm about this.Thanks Dave

Got it. Thanks dude

#50 10 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Hey Matt. What about the AC/DC version?

ac/dc panels should be on my site next weekend. I had to get some more blank panels in. But they should be here any day now.

#52 10 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

How much are the panels without skulls?

PM sent

1 week later
#55 10 years ago

Still waiting on the raw panels to arrive for acdc. Sorry he got slammed but has assured me that there coming asap.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 29.95
$ 149.00
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BackAlleyMatt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sneak-peek-metallica-speaker-panel-from-back-alley-avaliable-at-expo?tu=BackAlleyMatt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.