Artwork is only a small part of the design of pinball machine, and is secondary to geometry and physics.
However based on review:
- Artwork is required to be reworked in order to attract new audiences, it went "backwards" again (All manufacturers keep relearning this lesson over and over, and even BLY/WMS/DE/Sega had to learn)
- Previous AP artwork was a much better as a comprehensive game package (photorealistic is not better than hand drawn "black line")
- No interest in the T2 Endoskull Houdini LED eyeballs function, and is distracting while playing
- Toys and mechanism assemblies are acceptable, and properly themed, the key is functionality, which could not be tested
- The game currently has less overall features planned than Pinball Magic and is roughly equal to ToM
- Merited credit to AP efforts in the short amount of time
- Game design looks to be around 60% complete
- Game still requires significant development, and has nothing to do with "code"
- Unknown finality on music, sound, and call outs as it is unfinished, shows promise
- Game retains greatest potential over Heighway, PPS/CGC, and Spooky releases
- "Zero down pre order concept", if AP sticks to it, makes sense, if they want to be competitive coming this fall when consumers are undulated with game options
"Best of luck AP, first few gates have been passed, more to go."