(Topic ID: 173632)

SMVE questions

By Radius118

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider radius118.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

I did a quick search of the forums but did not find what I was looking for. Maybe I missed it.

I bit the bullet and bought a SMVE.

A couple of questions:
I can't find any definitive answer about whether it includes a shaker or not. If it doesn't, what boardset does it have? SAM or SPIKE? Need to know so I can order the correct motor for it.

Any other "must-haves" for this game?

Thanks!
Michael

#3 7 years ago

Nope.. I've been in the hobby off and on for 25 years. Actually, if you count the day my dad brought home a thrashed Bobby Orr Power Play from the auction when I was 14, I've been in the hobby... well... I'd rather not say.

It's my first NIB since I bought POTC when they came out. I had a previous Spidey but sold it due to life circumstances.

I was thinking about the colordmd but I just ordered one for Metallica and want to recover a bit. Plus, I'd really like to try the LED display from colordmd but I suspect it will be way too bright and harsh for me. I still prefer traditional incandescent bulbs so when I do LEDs on an older game I always go for the Comet soft 2 led bulbs. I have the GI on my Met turned way down to 10 from the default of 50.

Funny that the inclusion of the shaker isn't on any of Stern's promotional materials for the game. You'd think they would advertise that. Maybe I just missed it.

I'm hoping I don't end up with a game that ends up with the playfield insert ghosting issue!

So does the game still run SAM boardset or did they update the software for Spike? Thanks for the info!

Michael

#5 7 years ago

Cool, that's what I figured.

Thank you!

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

I remember Stern adding the web rails and shaker on after the announcement. People were complaining about the price so Stern reacted. Stern said they forgot to mention these items.

I wonder how many people believed that?

Oh! I was browsing mezel mods and I see they list target splints for the original SM. I am assuming the VE has the same standup targets, yes? If so how many splints do I need? I looked at the flyer and it looks like there are 4 of the 1" targets. Is this correct?

Thanks,
Michael

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Your distributor should be able to answer any of your questions about the game.

Very true.. But they are closed and I am shopping for parts for this game and other games now. So I was hoping someone who has the game could answer the question for me. I would look in the manual, but there is no manual listed on Stern's site for this game yet. I could look at the original SM manual, but that doesn't tell me if they are the same targets between the games or not.

#13 7 years ago
Quoted from rolandthoms:

Congrats on purchase , Michael. I'm also considering SMVE

Hopefully it's as good as the original.

Hope you like your GB Prem. It was also on my list along with the game you and I spoke about.

#14 7 years ago

Tomorrow is another day. Don't be in such a rush.

Not in a rush. Want to save on shipping where I can, so I generally try to order everything I need at the same time.

Besides, I won't have time tomorrow. I am absolutely buried in the shop. Will be working some late nights for the rest of the week. I have spent entirely too much time over the last couple of days goofing off with pinball stuff!

#18 7 years ago

SMVE is a sharp looking game, especially with the LCD ColorDMD. I'm sure you cannot go wrong with the LED version.
Also have a look at Pinblades.
http://pingraffix.wixsite.com/pingraffix/_p/prd1/1700911785/product/spiderman-pinblades

I checked those out. Very cool. Thank you very much. I will have to decide whether to buy some of these or not. I think I like the Tilt Graphics version better, but not sure!

#19 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I think the VE plays better than the original. Dock Ock shot is redesigned. The VE has the better magnet.
I prefer the comic look instead of the Toby spider-man look. As much as I love the game, I would've never purchased the game with the movie theme on it.

I had the original back in '09 I think. Had to sell it due to life issues. Was fun to play, but I did not like the art much. That's why I was excited about the original comic book art on the VE.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 25.50
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 25.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider radius118.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/smve-questions?tu=radius118 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.