• Was never going to buy, but love stirring up shit 151 votes
    38%

(400 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

this_(resized).png
image_(resized).jpeg
hash_(resized).jpg

There are 71 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 8 years ago
Quoted from Rferullo:

Forgive my stupidity - but why is the poll say 6500? MSRP is 7599 and the best I've seen so far is 7095 on automated.

Lesson #1 about buying new pinball machines: DO NOT GO TO AUTOMATED

Lesson #2: Best price is not advertised. Contact Trent @ Tilt or JJ @ Game Exchange

#52 8 years ago

Auto-buy first NIB for me... at $5500. Will see what I can do to scheme up the other grand.

Not a huge fan of Mark Bagley's art, but I still think it is an awesome art package. I'm in the minority... I love the translite. Feels retro and very comic book-ey.

Tough call. Great game. Good used prices out there on SM. Will have to continue to sleep on the fence.

#53 8 years ago
Quoted from Monarca1091:

there were so many versions of spiderman ...why ultimate spiderman art ? that version is one of the worst ....sometimes I think stern has a bunch of apes making the executive decisions in a room....

Wouldn't Marvel have a say in which Spiderman they could use?

For the record I actually like the looks of this pin. I was planning on putting it next to IMVE but they priced it $1,000 to high. I can wait for a HUO in my price range. Hope it sells well and am happy for those that are getting it.

#54 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Lesson #1 about buying new pinball machines: DO NOT GO TO AUTOMATED
Lesson #2: Best price is not advertised. Contact Trent @ Tilt or JJ @ Game Exchange

Not necessarily true. Automated got me the best price on my Tron.

I think lesson 1 should be to call and go with the best price of any legit distributor since they are drop shipped anyway.

Lesson 2 is dont buy USED games from Automated.

#55 8 years ago

I like the new art better than the movie stuff, but not as much as if it had been closer to the classic art. If it had been the classic artwork that I grew up with, and 2 grand less, this would have been a no brainer purchase for me. But unfortunately, barring a drastic price drop, I'm going to pass.

#56 8 years ago

21 sales so far in this poll if you can believe it. Really F ing crushing it.

Maybe the 100 pin allotment will actually sell through in 2016

#57 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

21 sales so far in this poll if you can believe it. Really F ing crushing it.
Maybe the 100 pin allotment will actually sell through in 2016

Based on what percentage of enthusiasts and operators bother to read or interact with Pinside, I think you will find 100 orders will be placed quick smart.

#58 8 years ago

would you guys buy a SM Black or the SMVE is they were the same price?

#59 8 years ago

Black

#60 8 years ago

Looks like a "CTRL+ALT+FAIL" from PinSide.
Not too many "on the fence".
Better luck next machine, Stern.

#61 8 years ago

So who wants one? Maybe we can get a deal if we order five.

#62 8 years ago

edit: posted question in different thread.

#63 8 years ago

Can someone post some good audio of the smve please if you have it. Really want to hear the call outs.

#64 8 years ago

I posted this on another thread, but it seems to fit here. Well, fit the subject anyway. I appear to be in the minority on pinside for liking SMVE. So anyway, my two cents:

There's a good video of the new dots on Pinball News. Go to the detailed coverage of the London show.

The dots look good to me. The first video from Sterns FB page didn't show them very well.

I read the first 100 issues or so of the Ultimate Spider-Man comic years ago, so I'm used to the art. It was a fun read. The art style is not my favorite version of Spidey, but I do like it. I prefer a little more anatomical realism over stylized art. I'm not surprised at all that they chose the Ultimate Spidey. Marvel has been running with it quite a bit for many years now. I think the new live action film version of Spidey will have elements of it as well.

Overall, I'm stoked to be getting a VE. The upgrades to metal parts and protectors are great. Love the side rails and LEDs too. I may have to read the comics again.

The JJJ call out from the movies will be missed, that actor nailed that role. But it goes with the old movie art package, not the new comic art package.

I love the VE's, keep em coming Stern. Just not too close together, give my checkbook a chance to cool down in between!

#65 8 years ago

in and paid for

#67 8 years ago
Quoted from jwo825:

I think you should change "was honestly going to purchase" to "was interested" because there were a lot of people like me who are interested in every new release and then weigh everything once it's all revealed. I'm never intending to buy something sight unseen at an undisclosed price.

this_(resized).pngthis_(resized).png

#68 8 years ago
Quoted from jwo825:

I think you should change "was honestly going to purchase" to "was interested" because there were a lot of people like me who are interested in every new release and then weigh everything once it's all revealed. I'm never intending to buy something sight unseen at an undisclosed price.

edit: I get what you're saying but IMO VE's are a different animal. We knew what we were getting ahead of time. It's Spider-Man with comic art. Based on that several people were "honestly going to purchase."

You were "interested."
If the price was $5,500 would you have purchased the game?
What would it have taken to get you off the fence and into the "hell yeah sign me up" category?

#69 8 years ago
Quoted from mesmashu:

edit:
What would it have taken to get you off the fence and into the "hell yeah sign me up" category?

Great "classic" Spider-Man art and $5200 to my door.

#70 8 years ago

Color changers at a minimum.

Not F Ing up Goblin.

I could live with the rest. I was ready to upgrade.

Now I'll wait for the next bus and keep old Red!

#71 8 years ago
Quoted from Flippersaurus:

There's a good video of the new dots on Pinball News. Go to the detailed coverage of the London show.

Link here DOTS look great! Will be happy to have spidey back in the line-up. Prices are not as bad as people think, like anything shop around : ) -->

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
There are 71 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/smve-purchase-poll/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.