Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Sharon
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

What is the best way to get the smoke smell off a pinball machine. I just picked up a nice STNG but it sure smells bad!

#2 10 years ago

http://www.pinrestore.com/Supplies.html (go to bottom of page) - Odor Eliminator spray

#3 10 years ago

put some dryer sheets in the bottom of the cabinet. Take some charcoal and put it in a bowl and put it in the bottom of the cabinet. Visit your local hardware store and check out their cleaning supplies, they will have tubs of stuff you can open and place in the bottom of the cabinet as well.

#4 10 years ago
    Quoted from njg:

http://www.pinrestore.com/Supplies.html (go to bottom of page) - Odor Eliminator spray

Yes, this stuff is great. Also, air, lots of air. Let it sit with the playfield up and getting as much air as possible.

#5 10 years ago

Spray it down with vinegar and then leave a bowl in the bottom of the cab overnight to a couple of days. 10 cents and your time.

#6 10 years ago

Bring it to my house and I will sniff it once a month until smell is no longer noticeable, then you can come back and pick it up.

Of course I would have to play it occasionally to keep all the moving parts in good condition

#7 10 years ago

Air freshener in the cabinet helps a ton.

#8 10 years ago

I also remove everything from the machine even the boards and clean it with crazy clean foam cleaner also from pinrestore. That stuff is amazing. The nicotine just melts off.

#9 10 years ago

An open bag of charcoal will actually wick a lot of the smell out fairly fast.

#10 10 years ago

Coffee grounds spread out on a pan works somehow. At least it worked in my Chexx. The house it came from used WAY too much cherry scented air freshener. Fresh coffee grounds sucked it up after 2-3 changes.

#11 10 years ago

My HH really smelled like old bar when I brought it home....when I took it apart, it looked like an old bar had spilled in it lol. Take apart and clean everything can, vacuum out the cab, wipe down what you can reach in there. You can also put vinegar in a spray bottle and mist the inside of the cabinet. Leave the PF up when you can - air circulation is good. I bought an ozone generator (used it for a lot of other stuff too), and that works pretty good, but make sure you can air out the room well after you run it.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/smokey-machine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.