(Topic ID: 261638)

SMOKE mod is BACK!!!! But this time it’s much better! (for any pinball machine)

By liorillusion

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 63 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Rager170
  • Topic is favorited by 16 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

69fe1e0234a9e5c4e37eda2c201db8a9 (resized).jpg
    IMAG2049 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yelobird.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#40 4 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

I'm so relieved to learn that water can't damage wood or electronics.

Yeah I think that’s my fear as well? As these games have internal fans they are constantly drawing in fresh air to keep the computers and power supplies cool. You can even see in the one AC/DC video it’s actually inhaling the smoke in to the bottom of the cabinet from the lower vents. Curious how this will long term effect electronics and coil components with moisture.

#47 4 years ago
    Quoted from liorillusion:

So its not same liquid. This one made to not to do it
    Im not talking about humidifier. You misunderstand. Its TOTALY not same

I think he was simply responding to your comparison of a Vaporizer? They both fill the air with a mist of water, hot or cold depending on which you are referring. Seems like it would be an interesting effect just understand the concerns with these high dollar electronic games. All good.

A vaporizer heats water and adds steam to the air. It has internal heating technology that boils the water before releasing it into the air as steam, creating a warm mist.
    A humidifier releases an ultra-fine cool mist into the air. Some cool-mist humidifiers come with ultrasonic technology, and others use an internal wick filter and fan.

#58 4 years ago
    Quoted from Fizz:

I really like this mod, and in fact, you have gotten me interested in maybe using a fog machine like this for Halloween.
    But I am not having much luck finding information about how they work. Do you have any good link which explains it? Specifically, as others have asked, what is it that actually ends up getting sprayed into the air?

Reading the MSDS sheet from the gallon manufacturer it appears to be 95% water. Depending on your fog rate it would put 1 gallon of water in the air in a day or a month depending on how often you fire it. I am not saying this is good or bad definitely be fun for Halloween I however suspect in a home arcade the reaction would be the same as the young lady in his second video trying to play ST. Instant stop and waving smoke away from face. As for the gallon of air born water thats every individuals call if they see that as a game room plus or minus. I applaud the attempt on something new. Here is a link to the MSDS sheet per website. Don't see much on using it with electronics but not clear.

https://www.chauvetdj.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/QDF.pdf

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yelobird.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/smoke-mod-is-back-but-this-time-its-much-better?tu=yelobird and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.