(Topic ID: 261638)

SMOKE mod is BACK!!!! But this time it’s much better! (for any pinball machine)

By liorillusion

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 63 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Rager170
  • Topic is favorited by 16 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

69fe1e0234a9e5c4e37eda2c201db8a9 (resized).jpg
    IMAG2049 (resized).jpg

There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 4 years ago

So. Before 6 years I install smoke machine on my Apollo 13 machine and I upload a video to facebook. A lot of people ask me about it and I decide to make it as a product together with mezel mods. A lot of people like it. it was so easy to install and gave WOW effect. The main problem was the smoke, it was stay in the room for to much time 10-45 sec and it’s a lot! The fog was glycerin base and the results was not the best. And also to make it work with any smoke machine on the market was nightmare and to find the right machine was another nightmare.

So today… our technology improved and there is new fog liquid that using for small indoors for "similar co2 smoke machine” there is few company’s that’s made a special fluid that’s disappear in 1-2 sec and its 100% water base so also there is no smell and no damage to the wood and electronic or any other stuff.
    Its call Quick dissipating fog fluid and the results are awesome and not need to worry about the smoke!

During the years I got a lot of messages about this mods and people was asking to buy it. so now its less complicated to make and also the results and the effect is AWESOME!!!! and now its works with 95% of the smoke and jet machines on the market! So I decide to bring it back but… im going to make only 2 runs of 25 pieces each.

About the mod:

its Odorless, Non-irritating, Non-toxic, Non-flammable and its water base

The controller can work with ANY pinball machine!

The smoke can be activate from led/lamp or flasher or coil or magnet or motor and Its can also work great with pinsound without buying the extra board.

You can adjust how much fog will be out for the machine between 0.01 sec – 2 min.

5-10 min installation! Not need app or pc to program it!

The mod is ONLY the controller. You need to buy the smoke machine from amazon or if you want I can send you one but the shipping will be higher so its up to you. Smoke machine is 30-50$ depends on which one you choose in amazon or ebay

Price is 135$ for the mod and 15-25$ shipping depend on your location. If you bought any of my mods before you get 10$ discount

How to sign in?
    So because a lot of people who said sign me in and never respond im going to change the way to sign in.
    To sign in just send me pm and I will send you a survey link. You will need to pay 50% deposit. If you will not pay you will not be on the list. This item will be a pinside market item after its done if I will not get over 25 orders. When I will get 25 orders I will order parts and I will start make it and I will ask for the other 50% payment when its ready and its will be from the pinside market so we can donate also 5% from the sales to pinside.

There is a lot of options for many games its just up to your imagination!

Here is few videos of the smoke mod. People was very creative!

*all of the videos are with old fog fluid and also with old controller

Fit perfect on potc by jjp

star trek by stern

acdc by stern

here is a great example of the new fog fluid vs the old one.

Dracula and old review
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/review-of-the-smokefogger-mod-for-my-bsd

the smoke mod can also work with new jet machines!!!!
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-coolest-mod-for-pinball-for-any-pinball-machine-and-for-potc

for more info feel free to send me a pm.
    and Sorry for my poor English

#2 4 years ago

Can this be used inside a game?

#3 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mitoska:

Can this be used inside a game?

inside the cabinet? no....

#4 4 years ago

What in the world? Feel like people might stop playing when it goes in their face no? I like the interactive nature but this is .... haha wow surprise! Smoke in the faaaace!

#5 4 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

What in the world? Feel like people might stop playing when it goes in their face no? I like the interactive nature but this is .... haha wow surprise! Smoke in the faaaace!

no smoke in the face.... you can put the smoke machine where you want also under the cabinet or on top or on the side its up to you. check all videos.

#6 4 years ago

Love it! A few questions:
    1) Can we see what the controller looks like? Is it a pcb or some box?
    2) Does it use power mains or some voltage from the game?
    3) How does the fog machine connect to it? I believe fog machines need to warm up, so I guess your controller doesnt just turn it on/off?
    4) Which quick dissipating fog machine would you recommend for this?
    5) USD/AUD rate is killing us in Australia, and you seem to be based in Europe(?). How much would it be in AUD?

#7 4 years ago
    Quoted from liorillusion:

no smoke in the face.... you can put the smoke machine where you want also under the cabinet or on top or on the side its up to you. check all videos.

That Star Trek video. Check it out

I love the passion for innovation though

#8 4 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

That Star Trek video. Check it out
    I love the passion for innovation though

he decide to put it like that. on my machine it was to the side. also for potc. and again its old video with very bad smoke fluid and the old controller. the new controller also have limit.

#9 4 years ago

inside the cabinet? no....

It’s been done. It was a mod for a hot min

#10 4 years ago

he decide to put it like that. on my machine it was to the side. also for potc

Can this new type of fluid work in a fog machine that usually uses prop glycol?

#11 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mcpit:

Love it! A few questions:
    1) Can we see what the controller looks like? Is it a pcb or some box?
    2) Does it use power mains or some voltage from the game?
    3) How does the fog machine connect to it? I believe fog machines need to warm up, so I guess your controller doesnt just turn it on/off?
    4) Which quick dissipating fog machine would you recommend for this?
    5) USD/AUD rate is killing us in Australia, and you seem to be based in Europe(?). How much would it be in AUD?

1) its a custom made pcb and also another box. i can show photos only after im making production. and i dont have the old version here
    2) no. no voltage from the game at all.
    3) my controller send signal with timing to the fog machine. its take 2-3 min for the fog machine to warm up in the first time.
    4) i really like the anatri one but froggy's gives the best results! you can also see it on the last link.
    5) yes i agree about that. if you are from au the price will be same but because you ask some great questions you just got from me 10$ discount

great questions. thanks!!!!

#12 4 years ago
    Quoted from jp1985:

Can this new type of fluid work in a fog machine that usually uses prop glycol?

yes sure. the fog machine i will recommend can work with that. also any fog machine can work with that they just warm it up and the pump send it out so yes there is no problem at all

but if you want to use it on used machine you must clean her good before changing to the newer fluid

#13 4 years ago

The smoke machine I have leaves an oily residue on things,it is about 7 years old is this a different type of smoke?

#14 4 years ago

he decide to put it like that. on my machine it was to the side. also for potc

Got you. Note to self - don't put the smoke machine in the front of the unit!

#15 4 years ago

I’ve seen hipster’s blow bigger vape clouds while playing pinball bro.

#16 4 years ago
    Quoted from DanDanDAN:

The smoke machine I have leaves an oily residue on things,it is about 7 years old is this a different type of smoke?

its not the same at all. the old version made it with oily residue but this one is not because its really different formula of fluid thats also why i decide to make this mod again because this problem solved

#17 4 years ago

Will this work with thc oils?

#18 4 years ago
    Quoted from fumbleflippers:

Will this work with thc oils?

hahahahah you can try!

#19 4 years ago

1) its a custom made pcb and also another box. i can show photos only after im making production. and i dont have the old version here
    3) my controller send signal with timing to the fog machine. its take 2-3 min for the fog machine to warm up in the first time.
    5) yes i agree about that. if you are from au the price will be same but because you ask some great questions you just got from me 10$ discount
    great questions. thanks!!!!

1) It’d be good to be able to see a bit more before committing money!
    3) I still don’t understand how the controller can interface with any fog machine!? Does it just control the main power or is there some custom wiring necessary? And if it just controls the main power of the fog machine, how can we avoid the warm up time at each trigger!?
    5) Awesome. I’ll take that in USD of course.

#20 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mcpit:

1) It’d be good to be able to see a bit more before committing money!
    3) I still don’t understand how the controller can interface with any fog machine!? Does it just control the main power or is there some custom wiring necessary? And if it just controls the main power of the fog machine, how can we avoid the warm up time at each trigger!?
    5) Awesome. I’ll take that in USD of course.

1) you can send me pm and i will send you photos of my other controllers i made before its going to looks the same.
    3) dont worry its will trigger the fog when its needs to be. its not controlling the main power. its comes with custom wire thats needs to be connected to the smoke machine. the warm up time happen only 1 time when you turn the game / fog machine on. after that you dont need to wait for each trigger.
    5) hahaha your welcome

#21 4 years ago

Is this safe to breathe in, again and again?

I remember that type of fake smog from Amusement park horror nights, that specific stuff stunk, and didn't feel fantastic in your lungs.

#22 4 years ago
    Quoted from wesman:

Is this safe to breathe in, again and again?
    I remember that type of fake smog from Amusement park horror nights, that specific stuff stunk, and didn't feel fantastic in your lungs.

yes no problem at all you can check on the internet about it and you can also read more info here
    www.froggysfog.com and there is more other company's who making this kind of formula

its Odorless, Non-irritating, Non-toxic, Non-flammable

yes i also remember that from party's. the smoke before few years was shit it was glycerin base and was very heavy. its like what you have not legal in the USA on the vaporizer right now. its was really bad and stink and gives oil filling on the floor and thats why i also stop with selling this mods. when i sold it it was like 50% water base and 50% glycerin. now its 100% water base and this formula is 100% safe.

i decide to make this again only because the formula changed. im using this fog fluid for over 3 years in my escape rooms and i never got any bad feedbacks from clients about the smoke.

#23 4 years ago

Could this be adapted to an Addams Family Generator?

#24 4 years ago

yes no problem at all you can check on the internet about it and you can also read more info here
    www.froggysfog.com and there is more other company's who making this kind of formula
    its Odorless, Non-irritating, Non-toxic, Non-flammable
    yes i also remember that from party's. the smoke before few years was shit it was glycerin base and was very heavy. its like what you have not legal in the USA on the vaporizer right now. its was really bad and stink and gives oil filling on the floor and thats why i also stop with selling this mods. when i sold it it was like 50% water base and 50% glycerin. now its 100% water base and this formula is 100% safe.
    i decide to make this again only because the formula changed. im using this fog fluid for over 3 years in my escape rooms and i never got any bad feedbacks from clients about the smoke.

Thanks for the in-depth answers, and it sounds like you've done some good problem solving!

#25 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pbpins:

Could this be adapted to an Addams Family Generator?

Yes

#26 4 years ago
    Quoted from wesman:

Thanks for the in-depth answers, and it sounds like you've done some good problem solving!

You're welcome
    My main work is special effects and animatronics for theme parks and show so i really hate the old fluid

#27 4 years ago

This will look sick in storage faciltiy multi ball on my ghostbusters

IMAG2049 (resized).jpgIMAG2049 (resized).jpg
    #28 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mitoska:

This will look sick in storage faciltiy multi ball on my ghostbusters[quoted image]

I agree! My friend also have it for ghost busters

#29 4 years ago

Does this control the fog machines via dmx?

#30 4 years ago
    Quoted from russdx:

Does this control the fog machines via dmx?

no but kind of

#31 4 years ago

How much is replacement fluid ?
    Approximately how much is the whole setup ?
    I haven't seen this before , good on you for putting out something something new and inventive .

#32 4 years ago
    Quoted from screaminr:

How much is replacement fluid ?
    Approximately how much is the whole setup ?
    I haven't seen this before , good on you for putting out something something new and inventive .

depend on how much you want to buy. with 1 liter you can use many years cost is between 8-30$ depends on the brand and
    the extra setup is smoke machine you can buy for 30$ but i recommend to get one for 39$ and fog liquid for 18$ but if you want to buy big one its 29$
    thank you

#33 4 years ago

15 more to start production

#34 4 years ago

This mod looks absolutely perfect for a bunch of my games. Is it possible to hook this up to more than one game at the same time?

#35 4 years ago
    Quoted from Xtraball:

This mod looks absolutely perfect for a bunch of my games. Is it possible to hook this up to more than one game at the same time?

yes

#36 4 years ago

This would be great on my Demo Man for the cryo-freeze. Inam definately interested.

#37 4 years ago

interested.....

#38 4 years ago

Cool stuff dude!
    Now i want a cheech and chong pinball machine!
    Stern make it happen!

69fe1e0234a9e5c4e37eda2c201db8a9 (resized).jpg69fe1e0234a9e5c4e37eda2c201db8a9 (resized).jpg
    #39 4 years ago

its 100% water base so also there is no smell and no damage to the wood and electronic

I'm so relieved to learn that water can't damage wood or electronics.

#40 4 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

Yeah I think that’s my fear as well? As these games have internal fans they are constantly drawing in fresh air to keep the computers and power supplies cool. You can even see in the one AC/DC video it’s actually inhaling the smoke in to the bottom of the cabinet from the lower vents. Curious how this will long term effect electronics and coil components with moisture.

#41 4 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

Quoted from Yelobird:

Yeah I think that’s my fear as well? As these games have internal fans they are constantly drawing in fresh air to keep the computers and power supplies cool. You can even see in the one AC/DC video it’s actually inhaling the smoke in to the bottom of the cabinet from the lower vents. Curious how this will long term effect electronics and coil components with moisture.

Its farrrr away from what you are thinking. Its not like hot water. Its not working the same. If you will put your hand direct on the output of the fog machine you will get 0 water on your hand. Also do you get any water when you use vaporizer? Or oil? The answer is no.... nothing of those will not leave any water or oil damage at all

Also the video of the acdc was with extra fan on the bottom of the machine

I have 18 years of experience in special effects and also in smoke machine but if you can't trust me you can ask for more experts

#42 4 years ago

This would be a pretty rad mod for Fire.

#43 4 years ago

ST:TNG when fighting The Borg. Resistance is Futile!

#44 4 years ago

Be a cool mod for WOZ when the witch comes or goes.

#45 4 years ago

Also do you get any water when you use vaporizer?

Yes. You do. You're raising the humidity of the space. Just ask the mold on my window sills back when I was a kid and like the 'noise' of the humidifier so I'd run it all the time.

#46 4 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

Yes. You do. You're raising the humidity of the space. Just ask the mold on my window sills back when I was a kid and like the 'noise' of the humidifier so I'd run it all the time.

So its not same liquid. This one made to not to do it
    Im not talking about humidifier. You misunderstand. Its TOTALY not same

#47 4 years ago

So its not same liquid. This one made to not to do it
    Im not talking about humidifier. You misunderstand. Its TOTALY not same

I think he was simply responding to your comparison of a Vaporizer? They both fill the air with a mist of water, hot or cold depending on which you are referring. Seems like it would be an interesting effect just understand the concerns with these high dollar electronic games. All good.

A vaporizer heats water and adds steam to the air. It has internal heating technology that boils the water before releasing it into the air as steam, creating a warm mist.
    A humidifier releases an ultra-fine cool mist into the air. Some cool-mist humidifiers come with ultrasonic technology, and others use an internal wick filter and fan.

#48 4 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

I think he was simply responding to your comparison of a Vaporizer? They both fill the air with a mist of water, hot or cold depending on which you are referring. Seems like it would be an interesting effect just understand the concerns with these high dollar electronic games. All good.
    A vaporizer heats water and adds steam to the air. It has internal heating technology that boils the water before releasing it into the air as steam, creating a warm mist.
    A humidifier releases an ultra-fine cool mist into the air. Some cool-mist humidifiers come with ultrasonic technology, and others use an internal wick filter and fan.

Im talking about smoking use

#49 4 years ago

Guys this is special water that doesn’t add any humidity to the air.

#50 4 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

Guys this is special water that doesn’t add any humidity to the air.

I wish you could respect people that english is not their main language but its looks like you just want to make mess so if you can't understand and dont like the product just dont buy it. Make your own research about this. I also got this feedbacks before from people who dosen't know how this kind of smoke machine works. So i know this mod is not for everyone and its really ok

There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/smoke-mod-is-back-but-this-time-its-much-better?hl=murphelman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.