(Topic ID: 261638)

SMOKE mod is BACK!!!! But this time it’s much better! (for any pinball machine)

By liorillusion

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 63 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Rager170
  • Topic is favorited by 16 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

69fe1e0234a9e5c4e37eda2c201db8a9 (resized).jpg
    IMAG2049 (resized).jpg
    There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 4 years ago
    Quoted from liorillusion:

15 more to start production

sorry my mistake. i didnt check facebook. list is closed! i will start production very soon

#52 4 years ago

Am I the only one thinking cbd oil is the only way to go here?

#53 4 years ago
    Quoted from Stones:

Am I the only one thinking cbd oil is the only way to go here?

It IS the modern day panacea! Bad at math? CBD! Joint pain? CBD! Can't get a date? CBD! Want smoke in a pinball machine? CBD!

#54 4 years ago

Can you post the video of your friend when he was drunk playing and the smoke mod kept scaring him? That is the funniest video ever!

#55 4 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

It IS the modern day panacea! Bad at math? CBD! Joint pain? CBD! Can't get a date? CBD! Want smoke in a pinball machine? CBD!

I think you meant to say the modern day placebo effect haha.

#56 4 years ago
    Quoted from liorillusion:

Make your own research about this.

If there was a machine that could make liquid disappear, I'm pretty sure I'd have heard about it on the news.

#57 4 years ago

I really like this mod, and in fact, you have gotten me interested in maybe using a fog machine like this for Halloween.

But I am not having much luck finding information about how they work. Do you have any good link which explains it? Specifically, as others have asked, what is it that actually ends up getting sprayed into the air?

#58 4 years ago
    Quoted from Fizz:

I really like this mod, and in fact, you have gotten me interested in maybe using a fog machine like this for Halloween.
    But I am not having much luck finding information about how they work. Do you have any good link which explains it? Specifically, as others have asked, what is it that actually ends up getting sprayed into the air?

Reading the MSDS sheet from the gallon manufacturer it appears to be 95% water. Depending on your fog rate it would put 1 gallon of water in the air in a day or a month depending on how often you fire it. I am not saying this is good or bad definitely be fun for Halloween I however suspect in a home arcade the reaction would be the same as the young lady in his second video trying to play ST. Instant stop and waving smoke away from face. As for the gallon of air born water thats every individuals call if they see that as a game room plus or minus. I applaud the attempt on something new. Here is a link to the MSDS sheet per website. Don't see much on using it with electronics but not clear.

https://www.chauvetdj.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/QDF.pdf

#59 4 years ago

I saw a smoke mod done at Expo about 10 years ago, When 2 guys were working on a Wizard and spraying WD40 and contact cleaner inside the cabinet. Stood there watching, and said to them. You might not want to do that as it will start a fire. the guy doing responds.... "i've been an operator for 30 years, I know what i'm doing". not 15 min later there was a raging fire with smoke mod done.

#60 4 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

As for the gallon of air born water thats every individuals call if they see that as a game room plus or minus.

Plus in the winter, minus in the summer.

#61 4 years ago

Looks like the other ingredient is propylene glycol. Perfectly safe for people, but seems like over time, it can't be good for the machines or my house. I don't think I'll use it in the game room.

Using it outside for Halloween might be a go, though.

3 weeks later
    #62 4 years ago

I want one!!! Count me in for sure!

#63 4 years ago
    Quoted from Fizz:

Looks like the other ingredient is propylene glycol. Perfectly safe for people, but seems like over time, it can't be good for the machines or my house. I don't think I'll use it in the game room.
    Using it outside for Halloween might be a go, though.

Its fine for your house.

There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/smoke-mod-is-back-but-this-time-its-much-better/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.