• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

4A7B7C4A-7BAB-4D11-9AF2-BB2D5E69A592 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_2019-09-14-18-43-06 (resized).png

#1 4 years ago

I picked up a Simpsons today and I thought the yellow on the cabinet was fading but it appears to be smoker related. Any tips to removing it without taking off the paint?

#2 4 years ago

Mean green

#3 4 years ago

Should I dilute it?

#4 4 years ago

My wife introduced me to this stuff and it works great.
-Mike

Screenshot_2019-09-14-18-43-06 (resized).pngScreenshot_2019-09-14-18-43-06 (resized).png
#5 4 years ago

Keep in mind, this removes paint as well. I never use it because of that reason.

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Keep in mind, this removes paint as well. I never use it because of that reason.

That's what I was worried about.

#7 4 years ago

Try la’s totally awesome cleaner from the dollar store. Spray on an inconspicuous area like by one of the back legs. Leave on for 30 seconds. Wipe off. Reapply if necessary, but don’t leave on for more than 30 seconds. If it works well, apply to the rest of the cabinet. This product shouldn’t harm the paint.

4A7B7C4A-7BAB-4D11-9AF2-BB2D5E69A592 (resized).jpeg4A7B7C4A-7BAB-4D11-9AF2-BB2D5E69A592 (resized).jpeg
#8 4 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Try la’s totally awesome cleaner from the dollar store. Spray on an inconspicuous area like by one of the back legs. Leave on for 30 seconds. Wipe off. Reapply if necessary, but don’t leave on for more than 30 seconds. If it works well, apply to the rest of the cabinet. This product shouldn’t harm the paint.[quoted image]

Thanks! I'll try it.

#9 4 years ago

I second the awesome cleaner. Just used it on some of the internal if a Pac Man I was working on. Just melts the residue away. All good. Great suggestion.

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from GPS:

I second the awesome cleaner. Just used it on some of the internal if a Pac Man I was working on. Just melts the residue away. All good. Great suggestion.

This stuff works great, just taking a bit of elbow grease to do the rest.

#11 4 years ago

almost any cleaner will make the cabinet plank on this era

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from bowtech:

I picked up a Simpsons today and I thought the yellow on the cabinet was fading but it appears to be smoker related. Any tips to removing it without taking off the paint?

Orange cleaner diluted 50/5o with water, test a small area. Mean grean is good as well, non diluted.

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from Astill:

almost any cleaner will make the cabinet plank on this era

I normally spray the solution on a paper towel, rather than spray directly onto the cabinet. No planking so far.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/smoke-damage-removal and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.