Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by Crash
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

CC8283EF-DD4C-4D9F-B51A-66CA1942EE4D (resized).jpeg
54E09FBC-1FDE-4BED-94C5-BC87887D1422 (resized).jpeg

#1 3 months ago

So, yesterday I added a Black Hole and Black Knight 2000 to the collection. Today have a pungent odor coming out of the arcade. Problem is, none of the games seem to have the offending odor coming out of the head or cabinet. Smells are obviously hard to convey because they are both captive to their location and subjective to the person who is smelling them. So, here is my best description: sometimes smells like cigarettes, sometimes smells like a burning ballast from a fluorescent light, not burning wire or a burning PCB. Any thoughts of where to start? Are either of these platforms known to have issues?

#2 3 months ago

First thing

Check the boards in backbox for burns and
Lift the playfield for burned coils

#3 3 months ago

Open coin doors and smell inside.

#4 3 months ago

Ok, no burnt coils, but I found this in Black Hole. Looks like it WAS repaired at some point.

54E09FBC-1FDE-4BED-94C5-BC87887D1422 (resized).jpegCC8283EF-DD4C-4D9F-B51A-66CA1942EE4D (resized).jpeg
#5 3 months ago

Second..buy a fire extinguisher. Mount it close by.

#6 3 months ago

Ok, I had a rebuilt driver board from a Haunted House. I installed that in the black hole and every thing works like it should. I have the back door open and after 10 minutes the large transistors are cool to the touch.

#7 3 months ago

That voltage regulator probably just shorted out and toasted the board in the process. Also, enter for a chance to win some burning respects!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fun-new-game-what-s-burning

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 5,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Plainfield, IL
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside