• 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by pinmike
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0122201305 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider loren3233.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

Hello,

I am looking for some direction on an issue I am having on a Mario Brothers. The right upkicker will not kick the ball out when the switch is activated. I will not have access to the pin until tomorrow morning to continue to investigate.

Things I have checked:
1. Switch was adjusted to be able to hear the switch "click" when depressed
2. Coil fires in test
3. Switch does NOT activate during a switch test
4. I switched the right upkicker switch (not working) with the left upkicker eject switch (working) to the right side and it would not register when depressed. Both switches work correctly on the left upkicker hole.
5. I did check the diode on the coil just in case and it was fine.

I am leaning towards a wiring issue with the right upkicker switch since it does not register. The wire connections on the switch look fine when removed and put back.

Things I plan to check when I return tomorrow:
1. Reset switch connector at the board
2. Check continuity from board connector to the right upkicker switch.

I am writing to ask if I am missing something obvious or if I should prepare to check more on my to do list when I return to the pin tomorrow. Any direction would be helpful.

Thank you,
Loren

#3 4 years ago

All other switches do work in switch test, including the left upkicker eject switch. The only switch I am having an issue with is the right upkicker.
I will update tomorrow after doing some checking tomorrow morning. Didn't think of checking the header pins so I will check those at the board as well.
Thank you

#4 4 years ago

Sooooo,
I went in this morning and it worked for 2 games after turning the game on then stopped working. Went into switch test and it started to work again in switch test, I then started a game and it would not work.
I reset all connectors at the board and it worked for 2 games the stopped working. I went ahead and pulled the board and reflowed the solder at the switch connector pins and it worked for a game then stopped working yet again.

I am completely stumped on this, obviously intermittent issue. Any ideas on where do go from here?

#6 4 years ago

I did not, all I did was reflow the solder. I did check continuity from the switch to the connector and all was good there.

I will do that today and report back. Thank you as I am completely stumped on this issue.

#9 4 years ago

Hey pinmike, I pulled the board and it buzzed out fine from the header pins through the traces on the backside of the board.

I guess the next step would be to look at the wiring even though those wires had continuity from the switch to the connector.

latenite I will try wiggling the wires when I get the board back into the game, which will probably be tomorrow.

I will keep you both posted and if anything else comes to mind feel free to let me know.

Thank you for the direction to this point and hoping I can post back soon with the cause.

#11 4 years ago

I had to go back to the firehouse for work so the earliest I can get back to the game will be early next week. I will keep you both posted on results.

#12 4 years ago

Ok, after doing some wire chasing I was able to resolve the issue.
It was a simple fix by resetting 2 connectors on the diode board.
As posted earlier I had previously reset all the connectors that I was aware of (in the backbox).
I followed the wires from the switch that was having the issue and it led me directly to a diode board which is attached on the bottom side of the playfield (which I was unaware of and did not check earlier). After the resetting of the 2 connectors on the diode board all is working properly.
Thank you for the assistance and direction.
0122201305 (resized).jpg0122201305 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 68.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 15.00
Pinball Machine
Uberlaser

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 1.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider loren3233.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/smb-right-upper-kicker-issue?tu=loren3233 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.