(Topic ID: 25917)

SMB question - Far left pop bumper triggers Luigi's cave?

By Richthofen

11 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

So I am not sure if this is on purpose or not, but on my Gottlieb Super Mario Bros pin, whenever Luigi's Cave Count-up mode is on, I can shoot the cave and it works, but it seems to also register when I shoot the far left pop-bumper. I'm not sure if the switches are meant to be interchangeable from a gameplay perspective (maybe its a thing you can disable by setting difficultly of the pin to hard), or if the switches are electrically connected by accident, or if the vibration from a firing pop bumper causes a badly gapped switch to connect.

Does anyone know what the proper behavior is? At first glance I'd think something is wrong because the 'shot' becomes way easier with two targets and the left pop bumper is an easy shot.

#2 11 years ago

Thats not how mine works. Check your switches in switch edge test and see what happens.

#3 11 years ago

Not operating correctly.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 14.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 68.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

$ 17.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 15.00
Pinball Machine
Uberlaser

$ 18.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/smb-question-far-left-pop-bumper-triggers-luigis-cave and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.