troll-wrong-1.jpg
image-901.jpg
image-712.jpg
image-4.jpg
image-345.jpg
panel7.jpg
panel6.jpg
panel5.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tata.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#155 9 years ago

Can somebody tell me why they put that book in there. It looks so out of place. Does it do anything? And what about the space in the middle at the top of the back box?

#231 9 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

I have spent more time looking through the posted pictures, and I now realize that we have already seen the "gold" Smaug. He's orange! There is a dark red one, and an orange one.

#707 9 years ago
Quoted from alichino:

If you're actually skipping TH because off all the feedback, I'd go with Metallica or TWD instead. ST has all the same problems everyone's complaining about with The Hobbits. Unless you really_ like the rules of ST, but, in that case, why not wait to see what Keith comes up with?

All the code in the world can't make a game based primarily on drop targets fun! What is he going to do? Hit left target...now center target...now the one that's moving ...back to the center target and then finish it off with the FT ramps.

I was hoping to have been BLOWN away... figuratively not literally

#724 9 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

The company is here to stay game two is shown and almost done, game three is hot on its heals.

I hope their heals are on FIRE! TH was a huge let down to me

#830 9 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Yeah, I am sure my wife and kids in my home (and for the Hobbits on location... other patrons of whatever establishment) will be all for this "fix"
Even if I lived by myself, that is still the weakest sauce fix to "bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang..." I have ever heard.
Honestly it is an argument FOR digital pinball. I am wondering if the drop target noise will end up being bigger than smaug-gate.

I couldn't play it if that's all you're going to hear. Just another reason why I'm selling/refunding my order

#834 9 years ago
Quoted from JerseyJack:

There are many more things to be completed in this game.
How Smaug interacts with the ball, his tail is the diverter on the ramp. The action button was not even on the game at Expo - the finish detail where the mountain is, lots of things. We listen and there could be some more subtle changes as well. The game will be at IAAPA next month - it will be a lot more game then too.....we will listen and react with change but this will be an awesome deep mode based game with a lot going on.

Pretending a diverter is Smaug tail and calling him interactive with the ball is an insult to me. The mountain looks like a cape around Smaugs neck...Count Smaug. What can you possibly do... All you do is hit drop targets and two ramps that are so tight they may as well been one. And that third flipper? Deep rules and code...so you have 28 modes in which most if not all will interact with...that's right...drop targets! Wow that's soooo exciting. I guess one will be...hit right middle target, then hit right FT ramp, wait for CP Smaug to taunt you and redirect through his awesome way of interacting and divert your ball so can hit some more drop targets...

#839 9 years ago
Quoted from Craig:

That's great to hear, Jack. You have the chance here to earn a lot of good will, not least from those of us who have supported you and want you to succeed.
By the way, thanks for allowing us to choose the SE edition at no extra cost. (I know providing that option costs you something.) Those Smaug side decals look spectacular.

How can it possibly cost more?

#845 9 years ago

Quoted from Pimp77:Just wait to see it before you bash, whine, and complain. Let's give it a fair shake. To me the only complete fail is the book. Has to go. And if you don't think Keith Johnson can make 28 modes unique the you haven't played a KJ game...really, you are trying to bash the 28+ modes now?? LOL!!! GTF outta here!

You GTF out of hear. Yes it's easy to do so. I can just look at the empty playfield and see the limitations on what combination can be done...not much. But yhea, I guess you could make infinite amounts of modes. But who wants to hit drop targets all the time. And with this layout, there isn't anyway around them being used in EVERY mode.

#849 9 years ago
Quoted from vex:

i agree. 9k is a big boy price, you bet consumers have a lot of expectations! this is not measuring up to those expectations for many as it was presented. not even close for me. i wouldn't buy this game for 5k quite honestly.
fingers crossed pl's game will be a hit because this isn't...

5k by Christmas. What a shocker... Jacks fist pumper and cheerleader gave me two thumbs down. Now I know I'm right

#855 9 years ago
Quoted from JerseyJack:

Smaug™ will interact with the ball. Maybe not shooting in his mouth but he will two ways - Much criticism of WOZ during the process. Many things not fully seen or understood until implemented months later.
This time around I feel that there is much more positive criticism that the hope and expectation can be met. This is a very far reaching game with what is in it. Things done before and things never done before in some balance.
Your mind's dream is hard to beat or meet in reality, but I say that the game is not done yet. We listen and have more to do. The rules alone will make this game. BUT the mechanics and electronics have to be there too.
The action button was not even on the Expo game. We only had one rule for it so why show anything? At IAAPA and beyond, much more is shown and known.
We can and will do better. Thanks!

far reaching game? Things never done before?

#856 9 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

Jack would you mind responding to my concerns I posted a few posts ago? Thanks

He won't. You're not one of his first bumpers or cheerleaders. And it questions Jack...

#864 9 years ago

I'll take a chill pil for now. I made my feelings known.

1 week later
#1408 9 years ago

with little to no time left... I'd be happy with dentures

Quoted from Goronic:Ok, so they will likely keep the Smaug toy, but is there a chance that he would at least get some teeth?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

8,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Belington, WV
$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
North Myrtle Beach, SC
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tata.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/smaug-toy-revealed?tu=tata and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.