troll-wrong-1.jpg
image-901.jpg
image-712.jpg
image-4.jpg
image-345.jpg
panel7.jpg
panel6.jpg
panel5.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sd_tom.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#215 9 years ago

I think people are soured a bit as Smaug was talked up so highly / it was the one aspect held back like it was going to be some big thing. Instead, we get something that doesn't interact with the ball at all. Additionally, talking about how there's more actuators than WOZ.. people assumed those were being applied to Smaug.. not extra actuated drop targets. Cool or not, drop targets are standard pieces of pinball equipment and so while their use is unique; it doesn't grab your attention.

To me, the end result looks like something that was built for operators first and foremost.. no risk taken with the toys, nothing that interacts with the ball that isn't well understood. Which is fine I guess.. likely flows better.

Now, maybe JJP is sort of resting on awesome software, lights, audio being enough. Guess we'll see how it works out. Hope to play one locally!

#425 9 years ago

Everyone.. Relax.

Screenshot_2014-10-17-21-05-48~2.jpgScreenshot_2014-10-17-21-05-48~2.jpg

#427 9 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

I prefer an IPA.

Just have to be contrary in San Diego sometimes you want something other than an IPA

#434 9 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

But you have the best hops in the country over there!

On I know, but I've gotten pickier now / over saturated with over 100 breweries now and think all but one of them with an IPA (or Sculpin is my current goto IPA.. But alpine Nelson is favorite but have to drive like 12 miles for a growler.

Looks like hobbit beers are from Washington.
http://seattlebeernews.com/2014/08/fish-brewing-introduces-the-hobbit-series-of-beers/

#439 9 years ago

Hah we just started getting Bells two hearted in town here its good stuff too

#494 9 years ago

Patent pending drops! Get it right

#497 9 years ago

Yeah.. The quick draw targets in cactus canyon seem exactly the same thing.. Just less of them but more interesting as they werent in banks. I guess thats the big thing.. Individually resettable banks. I think theres a good risk they have over estimated how fun it will be

#522 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Why is it "clearly" the case? That's ridiculous. Simply dumb, it's ok that its 8500 because it's "truly remarkable" what a f ing joke!
TBL ala hasn't shipped a pin yet. Is the code done? No. What about BOP 2.0?
Where is the selective outrage?
OMG, it's a f ing pre order. How the F can they do that? Oh yeah, selective outrage.
OMG, did you hear what DP said about Stern, what a pompous ass. Oh yeah, selective outrage. You guys better check yourselves at the reality counter
And I'm not sold on TH either now but to anoint these guys as the second coming. Get real

These guys are getting treated exactly like everyone else did when they first came on the scene (open arms / excitement). Because people want more pinball. However we are 2-3 years down the road and a lot of disappointment for these other guys now so outrage. So, yes.. Selective based on past experience; and its a positive thing that it hasn't leaked over to all new ventures.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
Castro Valley, CA
$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, CT
$ 25.50
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sd_tom.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/smaug-toy-revealed?tu=sd_tom and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.