troll-wrong-1.jpg
image-901.jpg
image-712.jpg
image-4.jpg
image-345.jpg
panel7.jpg
panel6.jpg
panel5.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider plungemaster.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 9 years ago

Smaug itself does look not bad. But its not nicely integrated in the playfield yet. It is surrounded by metal.

If that region gets filled with walls, or other objects, plus lightning, i think smaug will look awesome.

#50 9 years ago

Yes he does.

#359 9 years ago

I am dissapointed by the head only smaug too. But that whole area will look alot better when its finished.

I assume that like the little rock part in front of smaug, that whole region will look like that.

But i cant understand they chose for this toy. I dont believe anything about the license holders told that he cant do this or that.

But even if true, they could have an awesome smaug with claws standing on ramps with a big head, body and tail covering a much bigger part. Let it move the head and it looks a thousand times better.

You cant mod this, cause the head and rock is turning. So modding a body and tail does not make sense anymore when there is no head to be seen.

Yep, the more i think about it, the worse it gets. Since yesterday, the should be most impressive part of the game is the least impressive part.

Does it ruin gameplay? No, but it does add nothing too when it only turns and moves his mouth like a sheep. Which is a shame, cause smaug is the bass ass monster where it is all about.

Missed opportunity. Still think the gameplay for this pin will be fantastic.

#780 9 years ago

When you are standing in front of lotr, and look at the playfield when the music starts. Ready to plunge....

That playfield just sucks you into middle earth. It is that good.

I hope the hobbit does that to me again.

I started a years long saving plan and this was my target. But..... Not sure anymore. If i buy a pin in my live, it will be only one and it has to be perfect. In everything but music, cause that i can change.

Ps. Music and sound is awesome what i heard so far.

#1155 9 years ago

Oldpinster is upset nothing changed for le buyers. All they get is a free 1k extra if they are selling, Lol.

----

I cant believe people who say smaugs head only is ok. It is not!

A big part is his belly getting fired up when he gets angry and is gonne shoot fire. This could have been fantastically simulated by leds and a good smaug

He should have been so large his head would be going from left to right over the playfield. Taunting you. With a a large part of his body, belly, neck, and with his wings! Smaug can fly people! Dont see it here.

In modes his body should have lighten up and some magnet system should have shoot balls. Or it should have had locked balls for mulitballs which it can release with force.

His body should have a 'doorway' with a singel droptarget you can only hit with 3rd flipper representing the black arrow shot and the lost piece of skin (dont know english word for schub)

Underneath his body should have been a ball target as the arcenstone.

His wings and claws should have been over the ramp. Right claw all the way to the outdrain hight. With a claw toy like on predator stealing the ball from the ramp.

Smaug had to be that awesome and big and impressive.

Now.... Maybe its not doable to have all. But it has nothing from this. And i can go on for hours with ideas for this game, does not matter, cause all we get is a ugly, turning rock which reveales a muppet head.

And that is only smaug. Where is the shire? Where is the hobbit house? Where is the village in water? Where is the black arrow? Where are the wizards? Where is the whole middle earth feel? Where is the awesome woz lightning?

Etc etc etc.

#1243 9 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

WOW! I wish you were working at Jersey Jack - your vision of the game is exactly how it should have been.

Cheers.

And what about the giant flying eagles? Not 1 member of the JJP team thaught, hey, awesome eagles should make awesome toys. Pick up a ball and release it somewhere, lets think about it. Maybe something like a flying monkey but cool instead of lame. But no.... No eagle for you, just to awesome i geuss.

I mean.... Come on man....

This theme should be a dream for any designer. Did they even watch the movies, that is what i think looking at this prototype.

And am i a hobbit hater? No way! This was the pin i was prepared to make alot of sacrifices for. But i just cant do it, not like this. I just feel sad and dissapointed about what they showd. And the more i think about it the more i miss.

I wish jjp all the best, but come on, please.... Step up! I want to support you, but then you have to give all you got.

#1393 9 years ago

Not every innovation is an advancement.

P2000 was not the way forward. And p3? Dont see it, yet. Only thing i like is the screen. But its like they went forward with the screen, but the rest of the game went back to the 70s.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 25.50
Hardware
Pinball Haven

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
8,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Belington, WV
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
Cedar City, UT
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider plungemaster.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/smaug-toy-revealed?tu=plungemaster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.