troll-wrong-1.jpg
image-901.jpg
image-712.jpg
image-4.jpg
image-345.jpg
panel7.jpg
panel6.jpg
panel5.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mummite.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11 9 years ago

I agree I am a bit underwhelmed with smaug. . . . and that plastic book looks like ass . . . is that placeholder? does it do anything?

#57 9 years ago

Is that book final and Does smaug interact with the ball at all? hoping we get more videos and pictures of this game in action.

#62 9 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

No ball interaction with the smaug toy, just speaking and lights

really kind of lame and that book. . . . I just can't get over the placement of it and it just looks out of place. I have to see more pictures and video, but very underwhelmed by this reveal.

#213 9 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

if preferred, can you get a 'Red' Smaug in a SE Hobbit

yes, I would like to see the gold smaug also and if this is an option red smaug with gold trim and side art.

#273 9 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

Im almost thinking I should pull my preorder and transfer it to pat lawlors game. Would love to see a sneak peak.

agree! is this a possibility?

#631 9 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Here is my theory. I think what we saw at the expo isn't the current/latest build and isn't the current state of the project.

If this is the case people need to know and what will change in the final game. If this is the current state of the game and final it's not looking so hot for the hobbit. I am sure after expo JJP will speak out and give an update on whats final and whats not.

was the lower subway working at all to people that played it?

#633 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I think JJP has a problem on their hands. They need to fix this game somehow or it's going to bomb. If there are secrets, or more to reveal, or things not done, or whatever, then speak up! I want it to be a success. I don't see it right now. Just the truth as I see it.

100% agree

#1028 9 years ago

Its great to get an update direct from JJP about some of the concerns. But there are a number of issues that I think are to large to fix in the given time frame. I don't see Smaug being altered much and I was really looking forward to how he would be integrated into the game. I have already owned "The Dark Knight" and seeing Smaug like the Joker was a let down.

Good to hear about the book being placeholder, because that was just a mess.

Also watching people play the game in videos I just don't get the 3rd flipper. I thought this would make more sense after seeing the game being played, but it just seems to serve no purpose.

As others have said the game will be out within a couple months and I don't see any larger changes being addressed. The game has already had a very long dev cycle and time is $

We will see how the game shapes up as time progresses. I would love to see this one come together, but with so many other buying options on the table in 2015 its going to be a flooded market for pin buyers. Especially if LOTR VE comes out with that color DMD combo! That would just be a brutal hit to this title.

#1132 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

(because I know Jack said he is under contract to delivery the game by Dec 17th ), how many of you would trade another year of delay

This is what it comes down to time. If the game needs to be out by Dec 17th not much will change. I would much rather have a delay and better game. I am not confident that all of my concerns about hobbit can be addressed in the given time frame, sucks because I was really looking forward to this game.

If possible I would much rather have it delayed as long as possible to get it right.

#1137 9 years ago
Quoted from HunchbackHodler:

IAAPA is in less than one month. All those who are waiting until then for a final opinion should reduce their expectations.

This is the rationalization I have also come to. . .

#1266 9 years ago
Quoted from BoozeMarlin:

Has any other pre-production pin ever taken a bashing like this before?

yes, many have. This game just had a lot of expectation and build up, with such an incredible theme and WOZ as the bar, hobbit does not hold up. Lets hope for some good updates and changes.

#1276 9 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

AC/DC and Star Trek were both pummeled when they were first revealed. WOZ took a beating every step of the way.

yep all 3 of those games got nailed and personally I really enjoy each of those games. Hell I even like the games that everyone bashes on and own Transformers and Avengers! I love those games

#1343 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

They need a designer who can design mechanically engineered toys...not just bumper caps or things that spin or go up/down.

This is on my bucket list to design a professionally built pinball machine. Would love to one day have a chance to do it, not sure what the pay is like though. In the meantime I will stick to video games, but I do agree the designer should be driving everything and the games overall vision.

#1345 9 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Rumor was the designer has another play field layout done. South Park 2 lol

Speaking of south park I did work on the old classic South Park N64! hahahaha ok back on topic

#1410 9 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Ok, so they will likely keep the Smaug toy, but is there a chance that he would at least get some teeth?

I hope he gets some teeth or the mold gets revisited. I really liked seeing the entire body of Smaug like in mock up someone did shown on the first post in this thread. My expectation for this game was that he would look just like shown in this mock-up, his entire body and not just a head. His head would be down and sleeping default, but would pop up at set-times and the tail would divert the ball.

I also really want to see a mode where he is sleeping and the player must avoid hitting certain switches not to wake him up.

If he does stay as-is I hope JJP fixes the head mold (gets him teeth) and gets a nice looking mountain with surrounding molds to make it feel cohesive.

#1416 9 years ago
Quoted from HENSBROOKER:

I hope they get rid of the turning of Smaug! Rather always facing the player, starting in a sleep state. The fact he can follow the ball and talk is fine by me. Athough he should look much more like the Smaug -> dark reddish, more angry look and WITH teeth.

I would be so happy if this happened, even if it means delaying the game. Plus I think if this portion of the game is re-worked a bit JJP will be selling more Hobbits. This is how he should have been in the first place, but who knows did anyone ask if Smaug was placeholder or going to change?

#1419 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I wouldn't expect new mechanical redesigns

agree, I was just asking what others thought or if anything was mentioned about it direct from JJP or heard at expo. I do not assume anything mechanical will be re-done @ this point.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
North Myrtle Beach, SC
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

10,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.50
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mummite.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/smaug-toy-revealed?tu=mummite and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.