troll-wrong-1.jpg
image-901.jpg
image-712.jpg
image-4.jpg
image-345.jpg
panel7.jpg
panel6.jpg
panel5.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ek77.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#199 9 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

Smaug! Thoughts?????

SmaugToy.jpg 117 KB

7 out of 10

#201 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

I honestly don't know.

That's weak

#208 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Drop targets aren't what I'd consider an interactive toy. It seems like WoZ has more going on in terms of interactive features than Hobbit will.

Drop targets need to be toys as when put next to WOZ this looks like a stripped down game.

#209 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

So me not knowing the answer to someones question is weak? Right...........
Here you go:
https://www.hookedonphonics.com/

Still weak

#282 9 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

Please let there be a game option to turn off the 'pinging' axes.

OMG I thought that noise was something misfiring wow that noise kills the game.

#309 9 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

Thats the problem, Jack never made it seem like anymore than this is going into the game. As far as we know this is complete.

People don't want to believe it's finished.

#320 9 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

Huh? Why do you think that is not the final product? I think you may be setting yourself for even yet another disappointment if you really believe that.

In the last day the number of people who think the game is not finished keeps growing.

#375 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Well, you are "Crazy"…….no need to rush, and I can appreciate crazy but Jack says you need to get back in the van…...

So how are the Texas Longhorns doing this year LOL.

#450 9 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Well, they already sold 1500 at $7500 so 2500 isn't crazy

I had not heard they sold out of the LE game.

#451 9 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

I sold all my Wms games off, movie forward toward the next generation of pinball with a smile. Ill go play Wms at friends houses.

Sad

#458 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

What's funny is not a single person noticed something huge missing from the demo game that is right there in the brochure. This is not a finished game FYI. I gave it 24 hrs and no one noticed. Or if they did I didn't see anyone comment. In any event, more to come.

For the last week you have been say just wait there will be a lot of happy people.Now there are not a lot of happy people the big surprise seems to have been cabinet art woo hoo.Now once again you are saying just wait seems to me {just wait] is getting old.

#486 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

How does it compare to the pins we were buying in 2008?

2008 you could buy NIB under $4000

#488 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Great quality, pinball was really humming back then….
Raise your hand if you want a 4k Nib today! Then come back to earth

You are the one who wants to compare a $9000 to a $4000 game apples and oranges

#491 9 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

People are right, the 21 almost 22 year old Jurassic T-rex absolutely destroys Smaug from a technical engineering level & the book is a fine element to add to the table but not to showcase as a feature on an $8000 game one must pay for years in advance.

Jack is more interested in being the first to do something then being the best.In this game it seems all Jacks energy went to his new JJP patented drop targets and Smaug was a after thought.

#564 9 years ago

wtyp.pngwtyp.png
#596 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It's a very odd game design, you are right. A massive open playfield on a widebody just looks odd. It may be packed on the bottom but you don't feel that on the top. You look over at WOZ next to it and you've got crossover ramps and way more going on to utilize that real estate. I dunno how to exactly put my finger on it, but the ramps & VUK tubes have have a "homemade" look. The game honestly looks like a custom one off, not a professionally designed game.

Don't go trashing the widebody man Jack builds widebody games and widebody games are epic man.

#599 9 years ago
Quoted from pinballwizard102:

Really what kinda cool stuff has stern tried lately at least they are trying to step it up

Last year in MET

{In front of the captive ball is a magnet like the Genie magnet from Tales of the Arabian Nights, which grabs the ball when the captive ball has been hit sufficient times and lock is lit.

The large plastic hammer falls on top of the ball, and the magnet drops below the playfield, taking the ball with it, making it look as though it has been hammered through the playfield.}

Thanks to pinball news

#659 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

With an account made 15 seconds before that post. Hmm. Suspect.

The op may be new but that does not mean the voters are.

#683 9 years ago

Really that's it? Is it done?

endFirstMovie1.pngendFirstMovie1.png
#712 9 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

After digesting everything for the last couple of days, watching videos, reading reviews on here of players I respect....I have to say this is disappointing. I'll definitely be getting a Star Trek Premium for my first NIB. Hobbit was the only other contender, and it has failed.
I'd consider getting TBL, but my local pinball arcade is going to get it anyway.
If there ever was a reason for Stern to pull LOTR out for a vault edition, now's the time.

If you are going LE get a AC/DC premium or MET premium ST is a good game but no value in the LE.

#941 9 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

Wow. Just wow. Coming from a person who owns a ST Pro. Heck, that looks like a stripped-down game when put next to most EMs! Put your ST next to a hobbit and talk to me about "stripped down."

ST has 7 main shot not counting standups TH has 5 not counting drops and ST is $4000 less expensive.

#944 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Where are you getting 5? Not counting the saucers behind the drops? If so then you can't count the vengeance shot behind the drop. Man, you sure try to shortchange TH at every turn...

TH ramp ramp loop loop captive ball ST two loops three ramps ship shot and far left.

#961 9 years ago

#987 9 years ago

JJP should forget about Smaug and replace the book with a small LCD screen they can then add graphics over time with future code.

#1107 9 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Yes, the Smaug toy as it stands looks incomplete, but I think we're living in different worlds if a ship that shakes when you hit a target and then bends forward is "kicking the ass" of a head that turns to reveal itself, has a full range of software controlled rotation and talks.

So what you are saying is at these prices TH and STLE are for suckers only

#1126 9 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Not at all, even though prices are pretty crazy I tend to look at relative value. And, relatively speaking, I think Smaug does much more than Stern's toys.
Of all Stern's LE's, I was considering STLE due to its sound, the way it looks, plays and its lighting effects, its toys were a detractor.

Sterns toys like MET hammer that puts the ball under the playfield or like ac/dc lower playfield I like my ST pro a lot but feel the LE has no bang for the buck.

#1261 9 years ago

GET BACK ON TOPIC

Unknown-1.jpegUnknown-1.jpeg
#1284 9 years ago
Quoted from HunchbackHodler:

whoops I should post the whole thing:

panel1.jpg 46 KB

panel2.jpg 75 KB

panel3.jpg 90 KB

panel4.jpg 54 KB

panel5.jpg 13 KB

panel6.jpg 30 KB

panel7.jpg 35 KB

OMG Gary at the end was funny as hell

#1296 9 years ago
Quoted from HunchbackHodler:

If it doesn't get people's knickers in a twist, it's not the truth.
And ya you don't get it, the book was written by Gary Stern, so it attacks him more.

I did not see that before that makes it even funnier Jack fallowing in Garys footsteps .

#1299 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Could be 90,000. No one is forcing anyone to buy anything so no one is being ripped off. This hobby as is every other hobby is voluntary.

Fewer and fewer seem to be every day by the sound of things

#1322 9 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Always in the

Thread
Acting like a

Cause your are the definition of

image-345.jpg 14 KB

image-4.jpg 84 KB

image-712.jpg 26 KB

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

8,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Belington, WV
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, CT
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.50
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Cedar City, UT
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ek77.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/smaug-toy-revealed?tu=ek77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.