troll-wrong-1.jpg
image-901.jpg
image-712.jpg
image-4.jpg
image-345.jpg
panel7.jpg
panel6.jpg
panel5.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider craig.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#23 9 years ago

I think the talking Smaug is cool. I can get JP if I have to watch a ball being swallowed.

#133 9 years ago

Doesn't anyone remember the big ST reveal one year ago--all the anticipation focused on the laser light show followed by immense disappointment? Turns out, it's a fun game anyway.

#637 9 years ago

This reminds me so much of last year. I had a deposit down since spring 2013 for an STLE. I viewed all of the video and threads from Expo. It is easy to forget the huge backlash against the pin right after its debut. I watched, worried, panicked, and then, like a lot of others, cancelled my order. Ultimately, I gave it a second chance, and I finally bought one, as did quite a few others. That taught me not to rush to judgment. I am concerned at this point, but I want to give TH a fair shot. There is no benefit to me in making a snap judgment based on partial information. I am learning to be patient.

#837 9 years ago
Quoted from JerseyJack:

we will listen and react with change

That's great to hear, Jack. You have the chance here to earn a lot of good will, not least from those of us who have supported you and want you to succeed.

By the way, thanks for allowing us to choose the SE edition at no extra cost. (I know providing that option costs you something.) Those Smaug side decals look spectacular.

#841 9 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

How can it possibly cost more?

1) You have to create, produce and stock an additional design; and

2) You have the added expense of tracking orders with more potential permutations

#852 9 years ago
Quoted from JerseyJack:

We can and will do better. Thanks!

Again, thanks for listening.

#971 9 years ago

The truth is that none of us here actually knows what is possible, e.g., in terms of contractual obligations and timeline. We're all just speculating. I've read everything written here on the subject, and I am all the more convinced that the prudent thing is to wait and see what JJP is able to do. This is grounded in my own experience with WOZ. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt based on what they have already achieved and based upon the fact that they have been willing to accept constructive criticism in the past. As my mother always said, "the proof is in the pudding." I might well come to regret a hasty decision to jump ship at this time.

#1009 9 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

It was always a placeholder.

That is what I was told today by a distributor who has always been right in the past.

#1029 9 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

Especially if LOTR VE comes out with that color DMD combo! That would just be a brutal hit to this title.

I wonder. I would suppose that quite a few people who like the Tolkien universe already have a LOTR and want to put TH next to it. That's certainly true for me. By the way, much as I like LOTR, I would be the first to admit that it is far from perfect.

Let's be grateful that JJP is taking buyers' concerns seriously. Doubtless, some won't be satisfied with what JJP ultimately does with the pin, which is their right, but I think it is wonderful that this line of communication exists and that it already appears to be making a difference.

#1140 9 years ago

I am under the impression that there are a couple of magnets under the playfield that also were not active at Expo. Can anyone confirm?

#1144 9 years ago
Quoted from ls1chris:

you can totally see them in abe's pics

Thanks. That's what I thought. I'm sure I'll hear about them eventually.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

Machine - For Sale
Castro Valley, CA
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

10,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider craig.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/smaug-toy-revealed?tu=craig and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.