troll-wrong-1.jpg
image-901.jpg
image-712.jpg
image-4.jpg
image-345.jpg
panel7.jpg
panel6.jpg
panel5.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider captain_kirk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#167 9 years ago

I'm pretty sure the T-Rex never ate a pinball in the Jurassic Park movie, and yet Universal allowed that in the old DE pin. Seems odd that WB would be such a hard ass, but maybe so?

#171 9 years ago

Wasn't there supposed to be an interactive map on the apron? Something with LEDs to show where you were?

Was that a BS rumor, or something that got pulled?

#179 9 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

You only need to walk up to him, say "NAILED IT!" and walk off. lol..

WB is not the primary licensor of The Hobbit, other than the movie assets. You still have to go back through Saul Zentz Company and in certain cases Tolkien Estate, and Christopher Tolkien is EXTREMELY ANAL about what can and can't be done with the stuff under control of the estate by all accounts.

Christopher Tolkien isn't in control of the Hobbit, otherwise it never would have been made. He's against these books being made into movies.

#183 9 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I said in "SOME CASES". Reading ftw.

Should be simple enough for someone from JJP to chime in with the answer. Either it's all WB, or they also have to go back through the estate as well.

#656 9 years ago

After digesting everything for the last couple of days, watching videos, reading reviews on here of players I respect....I have to say this is disappointing. I'll definitely be getting a Star Trek Premium for my first NIB. Hobbit was the only other contender, and it has failed.

I'd consider getting TBL, but my local pinball arcade is going to get it anyway.

If there ever was a reason for Stern to pull LOTR out for a vault edition, now's the time.

#771 9 years ago
Quoted from alichino:

If you're actually skipping TH because off all the feedback, I'd go with Metallica or TWD instead. ST has all the same problems everyone's complaining about with The Hobbits. Unless you really_ like the rules of ST, but, in that case, why not wait to see what Keith comes up with?

I'm skipping the Hobbit because in order for me to pay the extra money and wait the extra time for it, the game would have to blow me away. It does not, unfortunately.

I have played Star Trek a few times, and really enjoyed that pin. And that was before the 1.5 release.

I have zero interest in Metallica (theme) or TWD (theme and looks sloooooooow).

#773 9 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

If you are going LE get a AC/DC premium or MET premium ST is a good game but no value in the LE.

I'm not getting an LE. I'm getting the Premium.

And yes, there is value in the Premium for me over the Pro. Lots of value.

#900 9 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

At least the ship on ST fires the ball back at you with a kicker.

Yes. An underrated toy, IMHO. Vengeance acts as a ball lock, an interactive bash toy that doesn't actually get bashed, a firing kickback, and collapses/crashes on the Premium/LE.

Not too shabby.

#908 9 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

So if the ball movement on the playfield isn't changed.. its just all worthless?
Your criteria would throw out hundreds of classic elements...the TZ Clock, game speech, WhoDunnit Reels, any number of backbox gimmics, ST Laser, etc.. the list is enormous. Yet we all love our toys.
People have their panties in a bunch because it's not what they thought it would be - not because it has no place or value... and not because the gameplay doesn't change.

Except the laser isn't the main toy on Star Trek, the Vengeance is. Disabling the Vengeance would break the game.

#909 9 years ago

The Smaug toy kept reminding me of something.....they way he rotated around.......I couldn't put my finger on it until today. It's the Imperious Leader from Battlestar Galactica!

photo-63.jpgphoto-63.jpg

#911 9 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

No disabling the drop target would alter the game.. not the vengence toy. The vengence is just a decorative toy that is interactive... yes, interactive, and it doesn't touch the ball!! zOMG!!!

It's all one contraption. Perfect combination actually.

#996 9 years ago
Quoted from statsdoc:

Jack just verified that the book was a placeholder in the pin on the JJP Google group. That is great to hear. I look forward to seeing what takes its place. Note that he seemed to indicate that the book would be put elsewhere in the pin. I am great with that as the book looks good ... just not in its current position. I hope whatever takes the book's place it more interactive and not just static.

Still doesn't explain why the story starts in the middle of the book.

And apparently "Count Smaug" is there to stay....they can only minimize the damage at this point.

#1055 9 years ago
Quoted from muttonboy:

Stern puts out turds that sell on theme alone all the time.

So Tron, AC/DC, Star Trek, Metallica are turds huh?

Nice try fan boy.

#1094 9 years ago
Quoted from muttonboy:

Where do I say anything close to that? project much?

When you said "Stern puts out turds that sell on theme alone all the time. "

#1148 9 years ago
Quoted from muttonboy:

That's some pretty selective interpretation right there.... plenty of ways I could write that to mean how you are interpreting it, but that one seems pretty clear to me. I basically panned jjp, have only owned sterns except for one lol.
Awesome, my first ignore! Now I remember why I avoid posting on pinside.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out, liver lip.

#1412 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

P2k was brilliant. It's real pinball in it's fullest form.

P2K is a gimmick, at best. My local Pinball arcade has both of them. I hardly ever play RFM, and never play Star Wars.

#1424 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

if that's what you truly think, then you have no vision or able to look beyond what you see.
I'd think for someone that travels to the final frontier, you would be more open minded.

Plenty of vision! Enough to be practical. RFM was a good gimmick. To think all Pinball would have been P2K is scary.....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hardware
Pinball Haven

$ 25.50
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

9,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, CT
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider captain_kirk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/smaug-toy-revealed?tu=captain_kirk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.