troll-wrong-1.jpg
image-901.jpg
image-712.jpg
image-4.jpg
image-345.jpg
panel7.jpg
panel6.jpg
panel5.jpg
There are 1,424 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 29.
#351 9 years ago

Isn't "Dumb and Dumber too" coming out soon?……...

#352 9 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

You know, if you don't want to believe me, go look up the early developer chats with Turbine where they talk about all the licencing hoops they've had to go through with Lord of the Rings Online. It's quite frankly ridiculous. They basically have a guy on staff whose only job it was for the first few years was to know the lore inside and out, and interface with the lessors. Every patch that goes into that game has to be run through the licensing guys to make sure that things are "lore appropriate". They are seriously ridiculous about how much detail is gone into over every little stupid thing. It took them a LONG time to get leeway to do more "out there" stuff like putting in a new class that attacks and heals with runes, and a raid that has a dragon (OMG TOOK LIKE WHAT SIX YEARS TO GET A FREAKIN' DRAGON IN LORD OF THE FREAKIN' RINGS, FOR REAL...)... but yet other stuff you would THINK would be verboten, like having a Balrog as the first major raid-ending boss, that was okay.
*edit* Would be real fun to hear from Keefer what hoops they had to jump through on the LOTR pin...stuff that the licence didn't allow if there was any, etc.

Not saying I don't believe you, just sounds ridiculous that the licensors would be this rigid and petty.

#353 9 years ago
Quoted from BoozeMarlin:

Within a year??? Not too sure about that one. Guess we'll see soon enough.

ECLE WOZ's (plural) were selling here on Pinside in the $6700 - $7000 range before the last ECLE WOZ even shipped. You now have 1500 Hobbit LE's and likely at least 1000 SE's. With Lawlor's game coming ... and a new remake game (AFMr?) .. and many other games, I think it's a safe bet there will be plenty of folks selling Hobbits (a year or so from now anyway) to get money for a future game.

#354 9 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

Aside from a small touch here or there (decals on a ramp or something) do you have new information that the game is far from finished?
And no ... I don't care if they throw on an lcd toy, reveal a Smaug toy that actually looks decent, and decide to finally put GI/spotlights/flashers in the game. I will never buy a game from JJP again. Terrible experience.

There are points and things I don't like with the hobbit. And I am hoping that there will come more. but I am still happy with my order. But I don't understand why you stay here, how can we take you seriously after posts like this.
You say JJP can built the best game and no matter what, you won't buy ever again a game from them. OK we noticed that, so walk on and stop to annoy us buyers of this and future games.

#355 9 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Not saying I don't believe you, just sounds ridiculous that the licensors would be this rigid and petty.

Maybe....but Tolkien Estate is, for sure. Not sure about Saul Zaentz Co. Either way JJP definitely have not had the time (read: Years.) nor do they have the commitment (aka. Dollars) possible in one pinball machine to bend the rebar that is Hobbit/LOTR licensing..... and trust me, I am just about the last person that want to come to their defense in any way possible, but this particular issue is worth consideration in the grand scheme of things. =|

#356 9 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

Aside from a small touch here or there (decals on a ramp or something) do you have new information that the game is far from finished?
And no ... I don't care if they throw on an lcd toy, reveal a Smaug toy that actually looks decent, and decide to finally put GI/spotlights/flashers in the game. I will never buy a game from JJP again. Terrible experience.

No, but you'll sure spend the rest of your life obsessing about them and trash-talking them.

That kinda sorta makes Jack win this round, you know. Keep talking...it keeps bumping up their threads. Free advertising!

#357 9 years ago

He's on my ignore list for a reason.

#358 9 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

I think it's a safe bet there will be plenty of folks selling Hobbits to get money for a future game.

Like every other pin genius…... See upcoming movie above

#359 9 years ago

I am dissapointed by the head only smaug too. But that whole area will look alot better when its finished.

I assume that like the little rock part in front of smaug, that whole region will look like that.

But i cant understand they chose for this toy. I dont believe anything about the license holders told that he cant do this or that.

But even if true, they could have an awesome smaug with claws standing on ramps with a big head, body and tail covering a much bigger part. Let it move the head and it looks a thousand times better.

You cant mod this, cause the head and rock is turning. So modding a body and tail does not make sense anymore when there is no head to be seen.

Yep, the more i think about it, the worse it gets. Since yesterday, the should be most impressive part of the game is the least impressive part.

Does it ruin gameplay? No, but it does add nothing too when it only turns and moves his mouth like a sheep. Which is a shame, cause smaug is the bass ass monster where it is all about.

Missed opportunity. Still think the gameplay for this pin will be fantastic.

#360 9 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

He's on my ignore list for a reason.

You're really missing all the fun then. He makes me feel really smart.

And I'm an idiot.

#361 9 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

There are points and things I don't like with the hobbit. And I am hoping that there will come more. but I am still happy with my order. But I don't understand why you stay here, how can we take you seriously after posts like this.
You say JJP can built the best game and no matter what, you won't buy ever again a game from them. OK we noticed that, so walk on and stop to annoy us buyers of this and future games.

I follow all developments, period. Why is it, when I have even the slightest negative opinion you feel the need to call me out specifically and mob attack me?? In case you have not noticed, there are literally HUNDREDS of other people criticizing Hobbit right now and saying things much less polite than myself. But I'm just going to continue to be your lightning rod because I'm more active on here??

Just curious, how do you pronounce your name? Az 'Ol?

I've had a dozen nice things to say about the game but the post stating I'm done buying from JJP draws your wrath?? By all means PLEASE keep supporting JJP!!! I need someone to buy "used" from.

#362 9 years ago

all the metals behind smaug, the coils on the left side, maybe something to hide all that would make smaug look much better. it looks like it's not finished.

#363 9 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

continue to be your lightning rod

Um, news flash...better get used to it if the volume of your posting is above average and you don't have a lot in the filter/tact department. I would know.

#364 9 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

I follow all developments, period. Why is it, when I have even the slightest negative opinion you feel the need to call me out specifically and attack me?? In case you have not noticed, there are literally HUNDREDS of other people criticizing Hobbit right now and saying things much less polite than myself. But I'm just going to continue to be your lightning rod because I'm more active on here??
Just curious, how do you pronounce your name? Az 'Ol?

It's over and over and over and over again………we get it, now stick a fork in it….

Why are you attacking JJP non stop, again and again……..see movie above

#365 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It's over and over and over and over again………we get it, now stick a fork in it….
Why are you attacking JJP non stop, again and again……..see movie above

WHAT is over and over?!? Show me one single statement that I've stated more than once!!!!!!!!!! You're so full of it.

#366 9 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

By all means PLEASE keep supporting JJP!!! I need someone to buy "used" from.

You know how they say when you rescue a dog, you're really rescuing TWO dogs, because then the shelter has room to get another one in?

Well, if I ever decide to sell one of my JJP pins, you'll be the first guy I contact. Because your buying my pin will make room for me to buy another JJP NIB. So you'll actually be helping to fund their company again.

Awesome.

#367 9 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Oops, I've got to correct myself. Technically Thorog was the first dragon in LOTRO, and was very early in the game, but I'm not sure how much that counts since it was resurrected with fell spirits, not really a dragon as much a reanimated corpse... =P Your call, I guess, but figured I should mention it for the sake of clarity and before someone calls me on it.

If anyone here aside from myself and (can't remember her pinside name) Ramen/Lorien could call you on that without googling I'd be immensely shocked.

#368 9 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

WHAT is over and over?!? Show me one single statement that I've stated more than once!!!!!!!!!! You're so full of it.

Shut it down Jim Carey, think about that one…….

#369 9 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

You know how they say when you rescue a dog, you're really rescuing TWO dogs, because then the shelter has room to get another one in?
Well, if I ever decide to sell one of my JJP pins, you'll be the first guy I contact. Because your buying my pin will make room for me to buy another JJP NIB. So you'll actually be helping to fund their company again.
Awesome.

lol, sounds good! If that actually makes sense to you then great. We'll work together to keep them in business.

#370 9 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

lol, sounds good! If that actually makes sense to you then great. We'll work together to keep them in business.

Jack Nicholson called and said he is looking for the rest of the "Cukoo's Nest"…..

#371 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Jack Nicholson called and said he is looking for the rest of the "Cukoo's Nest"…..

Please take a few more minutes and come up with something a little better. Don't rush it.

#372 9 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

I like the motion (spinning around to reveal Smaug). I think that's pretty cool. I like the movement of the mouth too assuming Smaug is always talking at the same time. That's pretty neat too. But I am not first one to state that I really wanted to see a full-body Smaug. Just his head is disappointing and the detail is just okay (again, I just don't see the true talent from Back Alley). It's not great. It's okay. And I am surprised that there's no LCD on the playfield? What does that book do?

Really
You say BA has no talent
Let's see you make that from scratch

#373 9 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

Please take a few more minutes and come up with something a little better. Don't rush it.

Well, you are "Crazy"…….no need to rush, and I can appreciate crazy but Jack says you need to get back in the van…...

#374 9 years ago
Quoted from Jamaster10:

Really
You say BA has no talent

The only thing he makes is carbon dioxide and we know how good that is for the planet. Don't even bother Jesse. He honestly thinks he's not a troll. At first I thought it was just him being obstinate but he seriously doesn't get it. He genuinely doesn't understand why he is the most thumbs downed person on pinside by a wide margin with ek77 pulling up 2nd. He seems to think the same "5 or 6" people have the ability to do that. Comical, and sad all at the same time.

#375 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Well, you are "Crazy"…….no need to rush, and I can appreciate crazy but Jack says you need to get back in the van…...

So how are the Texas Longhorns doing this year LOL.

#376 9 years ago
Quoted from Jamaster10:

Really
You say BA has no talent

This is absolutely ridiculous and a flat out LIE. I have never stated that he did not have talent (and I'm still not stating it now .. the fact that Smaug spins around has nothing to do with Matt). In fact, I've even applauded Matt's MANY talents! I have stated, however, that I don't think sculpting characters in particular is his skill/talent and I wish JJP would use him where his talents are strongest (powder coating and creating figures that are used for decoration, like castle walls or something.)

I'm sorry but Smaug is just medicore and I am FAR from the only one stating this opinion here on Pinside. Half the pop-up toys are "okay" and two look fairly bad.

#377 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

He seems to think the same "5 or 6" people have the ability to do that. Comical, and sad all at the same time.

I would say it is actually about 20-22 ardent JJP supporters (including JJP employees like yourself and indirect partners of JJP.)

And I would also say that YOU seem to think these same 20-22 users represent "everyone" and "all of Pinside" ... which I find just as comical.

#378 9 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

And hence your almost constant bashing of all things JJP. We GET it already.

#379 9 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

And hence your almost constant bashing of all things JJP. We GET it already.

No, no you don't get it. Not even remotely. I have posted JUST AS MANY compliments this week about Hobbit as I have criticisms. You apparently only see negative because JJP can do no wrong in your eyes. That's fine. But it's not me who has the problem.

#380 9 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

I would say it is actually about 20-22 ardent JJP supporters (including JJP employees like yourself and indirect partners of JJP.)
And I would also say that YOU seem to think these same 20-22 users represent "everyone" and "all of Pinside" ... which I find just as comical.

Wait wait wait. Last week it was 5 or 6 JJP supporters now it's ballooned to 20-22. If that number jumped 4x in the last few days then clearly there is something going on . It's impossible for you to understand the issues people have with you so I get it. I realize now you honestly don't get it. But I digress. More updates on hobbit coming.

#381 9 years ago

^ I honestly don't need even one more reason beyond JJP employees like this to never buy a thing from them. Constantly insulting Pinsiders and acting like an elementary school bully. Disgraceful.

#382 9 years ago
Quoted from luckymoey:

but based on how Stern treats drop targets they must be the most expensive item in pinball.

I just got a price on a replacement drop target assembly for STLE - $195. Retail and replacement cost, but about double what I expected.

#383 9 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I just got a price on a replacement drop target assembly for STLE - $195. Retail and replacement cost, but about double what I expected.

For a single drop??

#384 9 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

No, no you don't get it. Not even remotely. I have posted JUST AS MANY compliments this week about Hobbit as I have criticisms.

Yes, you have said some positive things about the Hobbit recently but your statement above isn't even close to being true. It's easy to make this kind of statement but hard to back up.

It's not worth it to do a count of all your posts to prove you wrong as it probably would not have any effect on your behavior anyway.

Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

This post reveals your grudge against JJP and the bias from which most of your posts stem.

Pinside is supposed to be a positive place. In my eyes, that doesn't mean people aren't allowed to state "honest" opinions even if they are negative. But when those opinions (even if honest) are incessantly stated due to a personal grudge, that I believe is against the spirit of Pinside.

Are you truly blind to the fact that most everyone reading these posts knows that you have a grudge against JJP and as a result isn't receptive to what you are saying? Unfortunately, that means that even when you have something critical to say that might be helpful, that message falls on deaf ears.

Same goes for EK77.

#385 9 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

This post reveals your grudge against JJP and the bias from which most of your posts stem.

Don't forget his grudge against Stern!
(See previous StarTrek posts)

#386 9 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Don't forget his grudge against Stern!
(See previous StarTrek posts)

Dumb and Dumber don't have two nickels to rub together…...

#387 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

For a single drop??

Yes.

#388 9 years ago

In other news..... Where is some good extended video of TH gameplay? I can't believe that there's no video posted yet. I am I missing it somewhere? That 30 second clip from earlier in this thread is like a cock tease. I thought the game was on the showroom floor today

#389 9 years ago

My bad....I just saw the video thread

#390 9 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Pinside is supposed to be a positive place. In my eyes, that doesn't mean people aren't allowed to state "honest" opinions even if they are negative. But when those opinions (even if honest) are incessantly stated due to a personal grudge, that I believe is against the spirit of Pinside.
Are you truly blind to the fact that most everyone reading these posts knows that you have a grudge against JJP and as a result isn't receptive to what you are saying? Unfortunately, that means that even when you have something critical to say that might be helpful, that message falls on deaf ears.
Same goes for EK77.

Do you think posts from Alex calling other folks names (repeatedly) and launching childish personal attacks against them is in the "spirit of Pinside"?
Or, do you think Jack coming on Pinside and threatening legal action for copyright infringement is in the "spirit of Pinside"?
Apparently mob attacking me (repeatedly) despite not making any inflammatory comment whatsoever in the last several weeks, is in the "spirit of Pinside"?

Please show me where I have attacked anyone personally. That comment reveals my "grudge"? Okay, that's fine .. yes, I guess I have a grudge. But how does my having a grudge affect my comments? I have stated roughly equal compliments and criticisms of the game!

In regards to a "grudge" ... I do think it is absolutely disgusting how Jack conducts business and treats customers. I think he is terrible for the hobby long term. He absolutely did state at one time that there would be no additional versions of Hobbit beyond the LE (there was a discussion long ago about why we should get in early on Hobbit if there could be another version made too). It does bother me that more pinheads are being treated this way even yet again. Deja Vu. It does bother me that JJP is directly responsible for game prices rising to the levels they have ... and we're still left searching for the related increase in quality/detail (and I REALLY worry about the long-term survival of all pinball companies). It does bother me that disributors appear to get preferential treatment at our expense. It does bother me that so many things stated by Jack that turn out to be false (if not lies.) But hey, that's just been my experience (and my opinion) over the last 3.5 years.

#391 9 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

Do you think posts from Alex calling other folks names (repeatedly) and launching childish personal attacks against them is in the "spirit of Pinside"?
Or, do you think Jack coming on Pinside and threatening legal action for copyright infringement is in the "spirit of Pinside"?
Apparently mob attacking me (repeatedly) despite not making any inflammatory comment whatsoever in the last several weeks, is in the "spirit of Pinside"?
Please show me where I have attacked anyone personally. That comment reveals my "grudge"? Okay, that's fine .. yes, I guess I have a grudge. But how does my having a grudge affect my comments? I have stated roughly equal compliments and criticisms of the game!
In regards to a "grudge" ... I do think it is absolutely disgusting how Jack conducts business and treats customers. I think he is terrible for the hobby long term. He absolutely did state at one time that there would be no additional versions of Hobbit beyond the LE (there was a discussion long ago about why we should get in early on Hobbit if there could be another version made too). It does bother me that more pinheads are being treated this way even yet again. Deja Vu. It does bother me that JJP is directly responsible for game prices rising to the levels they have ... and we're still left searching for the related increase in quality/detail (and I REALLY worry about the long-term survival of all pinball companies). It does bother me that disributors appear to get preferential treatment at our expense. It does bother me that so many things stated by Jack that turn out to be false (if not lies.) But hey, that's just been my experience (and my opinion) over the last 3.5 years.

Give it up please

Non stop, you don't need to keep posting this garbage again and again, what is your problem?

#392 9 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

you don't have to be such an ahole on a public forum to potential customers.

Oh another jjp employee attacking his customers is not surprising at all. From the top down bad taste in my mouth. Simple tact and respect is utterly lacking, and despite what Jjp thinks i am not jumping over people to give them money for this ok looking game. 20 million in developement and this is the final product? I would expect a shitstorm of cancellations this week and reading these threads some are already doing so. This is not good for pinball but is the reality of a product driven business.

Really you should not care if a customer on a internet forum has bad grammar. They still can buy a pinball machines and to my knowledge this is what pays your salary.

Back on subject is that really the gold in those pics? Really looks orange to me and not worthy of the price jump at all.

#393 9 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

20 million in developement and this is the final product?

I was thinking the same thing when he said it, no way its 20 million, had to have misspoke, 2 million?

#394 9 years ago

CraZ4Pin, SilverBallz, and starbase are/were the top 3 JJP bashers (I think starbase moved on though). Just get over it guys...I get that you think Jack and/or JJP screwed you at some point, but sheesh, let it go. Move on to better things and let people enjoy the games.

#395 9 years ago

I guess some people get emotionally invested in a theme or a company. I've spent 10k on 2 Stern pins and mods in the past 2 months. Yet I had no problem bashing Stern for TWD, I'm also a big fan of Borg, I've actually corresponded with him several times and he's a great guy, but the TWD design should have been thought out better and I dare say fought for more, by that I mean ala S. Richie, he banged heads with Gary many times over game features and cost cutting antics. With that said there is no excuse for Smaug being so hollow and basically irrelevant in a game that so badly needs a center piece...there are 50 people here that could have designed a better Smaug than that, heck 20 year old JP's T-rex is better. So calling a spade a spade is not trolling.

#396 9 years ago

Well this has been a polarizing reveal. Obviously we aren't are all on board with the look and finish but at least we aren't arguing about gameplay. And that folks will be the determining factor. Most agree that woz is beautiful but most disagree that it's a great player. And that has been woz's Achilles heel. I think TH will wind up being the opposite - it may look like a Ford Taurus but it might play like a Ferrari.

And lose the book JJP.

#397 9 years ago

I'm also very let down by the Smaug toy.....and lack of other toys on the playfield for that matter. Smaug looks more or less like a cheap spinning mechanical puppet whose mouth moves up and down like a talking doll from the 70's. I just don't think the price is justified from what I'm seeing now.....and I got in at the $7500 mark. I was so impressed with the beauty of WOZ and the loads of toys and features.....it is truly stunning. Looking at the WOZ pics others have posted on these threads next to The Hobbit pics is like placing a Kia next to a Ferrari. I'm considering asking for a refund. Guess I've been living in a cave recently but finally got around to checking out The Big Lebowski and HOLY CRAP it's awesome. This is more of what I was expecting to see from TH

Post edited by tb2767: wanted to add another thought

#398 9 years ago

Looks dull. Needed more cartwheels and dumb support messaging form the Jersey Jack Wack Pack.
More pinball is great for everyone, just look at this.

#399 9 years ago
Quoted from HunchbackHodler:

I doubt those 2 static images were that bad. And we all know what a dragon looks like (long neck lizard with wings), a place holder could have been made when designing.
Even when you look at the official limitations of the current table, the art direction still sucks. I mean, just look at this:

With Smaug turned, the table looks really cheap.

Now look at WoZ. This is art direction. And thank Balcer and Freres for that look (they're gone now).

The Hobbit is a serious downgrade.
And with JJP using excuses for its failings, well that just makes it official that it is indeed a downgrade.

303821.jpg 183 KB

303819.jpg 219 KB

147.jpg 78 KB

Agree 100% here. The Woz is just so much more impressive of a game.

#400 9 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

20 million in developement

I heard Jack throw that out. It sounded like he was joking. Either way there is no way it is true. They would have to sell 2500+ at $8500 each just to take in that much money. More likely it was a million or two to develop.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 25.50
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
North Myrtle Beach, SC
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

Machine - For Sale
Castro Valley, CA
10,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,424 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 29.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/smaug-toy-revealed/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.