troll-wrong-1.jpg
image-901.jpg
image-712.jpg
image-4.jpg
image-345.jpg
panel7.jpg
panel6.jpg
panel5.jpg
There are 1,424 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 29.
#1401 9 years ago

Since we have an absent op, I move that we close this topic until more TH/Smaug news hits the the street. Second?

#1402 9 years ago

Second

#1403 9 years ago

third!

imgres-4.jpgimgres-4.jpg
#1404 9 years ago

Mods - we have spoken.
image.jpgimage.jpg

#1405 9 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

It has nothing to do with the topic, but everybody has driften so far from the smaug topic so I can too: Can anybody explain why the OPs account is frozen? I am just curious, have I missed something?

There is little to talk about with Smaug. that's why we talk about other things. Smaug is the joker coffee can all over again with moving mouth. Until Jack reveals more on his plans, right now it is a borefest.

#1406 9 years ago

Ok, so they will likely keep the Smaug toy, but is there a chance that he would at least get some teeth?

#1407 9 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Ok, so they will likely keep the Smaug toy, but is there a chance that he would at least get some teeth?

What? Hope you're wrong.

#1408 9 years ago

with little to no time left... I'd be happy with dentures

Quoted from Goronic:Ok, so they will likely keep the Smaug toy, but is there a chance that he would at least get some teeth?

#1409 9 years ago

5 posts in a row that are on topic!

Just to keep the streak alive - I think the Smaug toy is dumb.

#1410 9 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I hope he gets some teeth or the mold gets revisited. I really liked seeing the entire body of Smaug like in mock up someone did shown on the first post in this thread. My expectation for this game was that he would look just like shown in this mock-up, his entire body and not just a head. His head would be down and sleeping default, but would pop up at set-times and the tail would divert the ball.

I also really want to see a mode where he is sleeping and the player must avoid hitting certain switches not to wake him up.

If he does stay as-is I hope JJP fixes the head mold (gets him teeth) and gets a nice looking mountain with surrounding molds to make it feel cohesive.

#1411 9 years ago

I hope they get rid of the turning of Smaug! Rather always facing the player, starting in a sleep state. The fact he can follow the ball and talk is fine by me. Athough he should look much more like the Smaug -> dark reddish, more angry look and WITH teeth.

Btw... When leaving the rotation out, Smaug could easily get rid of his stone collar.

#1412 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

P2k was brilliant. It's real pinball in it's fullest form.

P2K is a gimmick, at best. My local Pinball arcade has both of them. I hardly ever play RFM, and never play Star Wars.

#1413 9 years ago
Quoted from HENSBROOKER:

I hope they get rid of the turning of Smaug! Rather always facing the player, starting in a sleep state. The fact he can follow the ball and talk is fine by me. Athough he should look much more like the Smaug -> dark reddish, more angry look and WITH teeth.
Btw... When leaving the rotation out, Smaug could easily get rid of his stone collar.

I wonder how much they can really change the mechanics of it though at this point....

Maybe Smaug could rise up out of the PF from under the pile of gold?

Meh... that might suck too.... ugh.... I suspect JJP went through plenty of iterations on Smaug.... Perhaps the recent reveal wasnt so much about trying to build it up as epic as it was they were still trying to figure what they wanted to do with it?

#1414 9 years ago

Maybe they could have a snoring sound in the background while he is turned away so we can pretend he is asleep.
dragon.jpgdragon.jpg

#1415 9 years ago
Quoted from HENSBROOKER:

Agreed. I still think the head should be stationary and the 'mountain' rotates from out in front of him to reveal him.

#1416 9 years ago
Quoted from HENSBROOKER:

I would be so happy if this happened, even if it means delaying the game. Plus I think if this portion of the game is re-worked a bit JJP will be selling more Hobbits. This is how he should have been in the first place, but who knows did anyone ask if Smaug was placeholder or going to change?

#1417 9 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

I would be so happy if this happened, even if it means delaying the game. Plus I think if this portion of the game is re-worked a bit JJP will be selling more Hobbits. This is how he should have been in the first place, but who knows did anyone ask if Smaug was placeholder or going to change?

Anybody thinking the smaug as shown was intended to be a placeholder has full blown fanboy syndrome. You dont put that much work into a placeholder mech. And you certainly don't do that about 2 months prior to shipping.

#1418 9 years ago

Smaug with teeth and smaller gold? I'd bet on it.

New Smaug all together with new mech? Don't hold your breath.

JJP is listening, and I think some people may be surprised by how much they can change, but I'd also temper your expectations. The game is what it is, I wouldn't expect new mechanical redesigns at this stage. Minus whatever goes where the book is I guess, no idea if that will be interactive or not.

#1419 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I wouldn't expect new mechanical redesigns

agree, I was just asking what others thought or if anything was mentioned about it direct from JJP or heard at expo. I do not assume anything mechanical will be re-done @ this point.

#1420 9 years ago

Smaug might get prettier, but I doubt the form factor and function will be any different.

If you froze him facing forward, there would be a bunch of people clamoring for peekaboo action.

#1421 9 years ago

I like to picture Smaug in a tuxedo T-Shirt because it says I want to be formal, but I'm here to party.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#1422 9 years ago

since jjp got taken behind the woodshed at expo, i am really curious what a 9k pinball machine will look like. that's a huge amount of pressure for the company, i sure hope their product can live up to the price.

#1423 9 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

P2K is a gimmick, at best. My local Pinball arcade has both of them. I hardly ever play RFM, and never play Star Wars.

if that's what you truly think, then you have no vision or able to look beyond what you see.

I'd think for someone that travels to the final frontier, you would be more open minded.

#1424 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

if that's what you truly think, then you have no vision or able to look beyond what you see.
I'd think for someone that travels to the final frontier, you would be more open minded.

Plenty of vision! Enough to be practical. RFM was a good gimmick. To think all Pinball would have been P2K is scary.....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Cedar City, UT
9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Castro Valley, CA
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.50
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, CT
$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

There are 1,424 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 29.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/smaug-toy-revealed/page/29 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.