“Choose one:”

• Smaug LE 73 votes
    47%
  • Full Throttle LE + Chrome 62 votes
    40%
  • Neither. Pinball sucks. 19 votes
    12%

(154 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hazoff.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#17 7 years ago
Quoted from BeaglePuss:

There are clear a lot of people that prefer Smaug to Full Throttle, but there's little justification within the thread. Not trying to nitpick, just genuinely curious why Smaug over Full Throttle?

I don't think there is any outside of the wait and money spent or being a huge fan of the Hobbit as a franchise, oh and ofcourse Keith who apparently can make anything great, I'm not a JJP hater at all in fact really looking forward to a theme from them I can get behind but TH is boring.

1 week later
#25 7 years ago

Wow you JJP guys really have serious man love for Keith, how many of you guys own WOF, APowers and STriker Extreme? there are other programmers who program some great games you know?

#35 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I've also noticed that Keith takes the time to come up with interesting and unique rules that you just don't see in other pins. Variety in rules that make the player work the entire playfield is a better way to put it.
I guarantee there will be a lot more people that love The Hobbit a year from now when Keith has added a lot more to the code (same thing happened with WOZ). We are just now starting to see some code that takes advantage of The Hobbits features. Just wait until Keith adds more code that takes advantage of the subway, middle ramp divertor, orbit magnets and then integrates those features with the lockdown bar button. We haven't seen anything yet.

I hope ur right.

#42 7 years ago
Quoted from WesleyCowan:

Striker Extreme was one of Stern's first game and pretty horrible and I don't believe the best code in the world could have saved that one. I haven't played AP much and can't say anything about it. WOF code was never finished because Stern bailed on it and that was a bad period for Stern in sales. If the code for it had ever been completed could have done a LOT more. Keith is one of the best programmers in the business and made some incredible rules and codes for Stern, then with WOZ and will do the same for TH. It's not about being a JJP fanboy. It's about that Keith is awesome at what he does.
And yes Lyman and others have programmed great games also.
On topic, I'd love to play a FT to compare it to TH and even GB. I do like TH and believe with each code update it will improve a lot.

So the answer is no, lets not talk political style, my point is every designer or programmer etc. is capable of making a less than stellar product, Keith might be great and I'm a big fan of LOTR's but just because hes on the team didn't result in me purchasing a WOZ and TH for me anyway will not be saved by his magic, I don't like the gameplay, its not a ruleset issue, when the layout and gameplay is there you don't require code fixes to make it great, it will make a good game better but for many of us TH is unsavable, the fanboys are on the defensive as they should be, If I waited 4 years and got that first version Hobbit I would be upset and probably be trying to justify both the wait and cost, I'm routing for JJP and glad those who love TH got what they wanted.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 22.50
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

10,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hazoff.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/smaug-le-or-full-throttle-le-chrome?tu=hazoff and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.