whiny.jpg
trollercoaster.jpg
party0005.gif
Over Your Head.jpg
10968328_930377710314159_909394977174141380_n.jpg
1969343_930377663647497_8526714410070659234_n.jpg
10408622_930377680314162_5054908397217634518_n.jpg
10981156_930377723647491_7103820603484622360_n.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 9 years ago

Much better!

#36 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Hey man, long road, lots of criticism, but you came out better for it on the other side.

I'd put the word "much" in front of better!

It really does look great.

#64 9 years ago
Quoted from RealityCheck:

The last half dozen comments are what is really, really wrong with Pinside. First, yes my opinion of Smaug is negative but so what? I tried not to be profane or over the top but certainly challenge other opinions. Additionally, I also complimented his other work (more than once). Second, any time someone has a negative opinion in a JJP forum specifically it's apparently time for the fanboy mob to attack. Where are the mods now telling you guys to stop all the personal attacking?? And how about the profanity being used in the posts above? Seems like pretty selective policing. Third, why in the world do you think I'm addressing Matt directly?? I'm only throwing my own opinion out to the community at large. Period. So sorry Matt chooses to come on here to read about himself (or sell his work) but I think he needs to be prepared for all points of view. If people are intimidated to kiss his butt (or any pinball employee's butt) then pinball will never improve. It's called being censored.
It's a serious problem on all JJP threads in particular. You have a large group of pre-order folks with their money on the line for years at a time. The same folks (majority anyway) will thumbs down, intimidate, and attack anyone who dares say something negative about their investment. It leads to a forum that does not allow open discussion and that sucks.

What in the world are you talking about? What profanity? What personal attacks? Just because you have a personal opinion doesn't mean that everyone has to agree with it or keep their mouth shut about it.

Yes, you are entitled to your opinion. And we are entitled to tell you how silly it is if that's what we think.

In this particular case, I think your opinion is silly and wrong. Is that a personal attack? Nope. Just because you are in the vast minority and almost everyone disagrees with you doesn't mean that you need to play the martyr.

#69 9 years ago

Poor CraZ4Pin. Everyone is ganging up on him.

whiny.jpgwhiny.jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/smaug-has-teeth?tu=robt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.