Topic Stats

• 94 posts
  • 62 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Banker
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 9 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IM Mark VII - Life Size Bust.jpg
whiny.jpg
trollercoaster.jpg
party0005.gif
Over Your Head.jpg
10968328_930377710314159_909394977174141380_n.jpg
1969343_930377663647497_8526714410070659234_n.jpg
10408622_930377680314162_5054908397217634518_n.jpg
10981156_930377723647491_7103820603484622360_n.jpg

There are 94 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 4 years ago
Quoted from BackAlleyMatt:

I never said it was a cheap toy? Wow dude you need to chill out. Sideshow collectibles are made to be on display in a display case not inside a machine with balls flying around it. The toys I made where for a pinball machine there by there are certain things that need to be done when sculpting it for this application. Not just the material it is made out of but the design.
I get it, you don't like the pieces I sculpted.

I stand corrected, I guess you will use pinballs flying around as an excuse for why your artwork is not high quality. Sorry the truth hurts buddy but you should really stop reading Pinside if you can't handle the negative criticism along with the positive. Like a half dozen other JJP employees you come on here with zero to contribute (Lloyd excluded) except to defend JJP and your work (or sell your other work). That's it.

And for the record I really do like most of the pieces you do create (the other pieces you created for Hobbit look really good) that are just not actual characters. Sorry, but Smaug looks a little lifeless with no fearsome expression or look in his eyes (nevermind the coloring).

#52 4 years ago

What, you don't want a bunch of long thin pieces sticking up out of it that can break off and clog up the outhole, Matt?

#53 4 years ago

Very impressed by what I see, both Smaugs look great!!

Even more impressed by how JJP and Matt responded to all the criticism after Expo, (some justified, some not), and we will all get a better game because of it. party0005.gif

#54 4 years ago
Quoted from dgpinball:

Very impressed by what I see, both Smaugs look great!!

yep, agree great work Matt!

#55 4 years ago

That red Smaug looks beeeyouteeeful Matt.
Great turn around story. Awesome work.

#56 4 years ago

My life just got better. I remembered that there is a ignore feature. Thanks robin!

#57 4 years ago
Quoted from RealityCheck:

I stand corrected, I guess you will use pinballs flying around as an excuse for why your artwork is not high quality. Sorry the truth hurts buddy but you should really stop reading Pinside if you can't handle the negative criticism along with the positive. Like a half dozen other JJP employees you come on here with zero to contribute (Lloyd excluded) except to defend JJP and your work (or sell your other work). That's it.
And for the record I really do like most of the pieces you do create (the other pieces you created for Hobbit look really good) that are just not actual characters. Sorry, but Smaug looks a little lifeless with no fearsome expression or look in his eyes (nevermind the coloring).

Wasn't your "other" account frozen 3 months ago? Give it a rest already man, I really don't think Matt gives 2 shits about what you think!

Post edited by Jetzxi: Added the word "other"

#58 4 years ago
Quoted from BackAlleyMatt:

I never said it was a cheap toy? Wow dude you need to chill out. Sideshow collectibles are made to be on display in a display case not inside a machine with balls flying around it. The toys I made where for a pinball machine there by there are certain things that need to be done when sculpting it for this application. Not just the material it is made out of but the design.
I get it, you don't like the pieces I sculpted.

Matt .....

You're being taken for a ride on the:trollercoaster.jpg

Your work is awesome. Heck with him. Move on, dude. The vast majority of us love it, and some of us aren't buying this game, but we know hard work, dedication, and commitment to something when we see it.

#59 4 years ago

Looks like Craz is back. Yay us.

#60 4 years ago

Trolls suck

#61 4 years ago

Awesome!

#62 4 years ago

The last half dozen comments are what is really, really wrong with Pinside. First, yes my opinion of Smaug is negative but so what? I tried not to be profane or over the top but certainly challenge other opinions. Additionally, I also complimented his other work (more than once). Second, any time someone has a negative opinion in a JJP forum specifically it's apparently time for the fanboy mob to attack. Where are the mods now telling you guys to stop all the personal attacking?? And how about the profanity being used in the posts above? Seems like pretty selective policing. Third, why in the world do you think I'm addressing Matt directly?? I'm only throwing my own opinion out to the community at large. Period. So sorry Matt chooses to come on here to read about himself (or sell his work) but I think he needs to be prepared for all points of view. If people are intimidated to kiss his butt (or any pinball employee's butt) then pinball will never improve. It's called being censored.

It's a serious problem on all JJP threads in particular. You have a large group of pre-order folks with their money on the line for years at a time. The same folks (majority anyway) will thumbs down, intimidate, and attack anyone who dares say something negative about their investment. It leads to a forum that does not allow open discussion and that sucks.

#63 4 years ago

Realitycheck, where are you located?

#64 4 years ago

The last half dozen comments are what is really, really wrong with Pinside. First, yes my opinion of Smaug is negative but so what? I tried not to be profane or over the top but certainly challenge other opinions. Additionally, I also complimented his other work (more than once). Second, any time someone has a negative opinion in a JJP forum specifically it's apparently time for the fanboy mob to attack. Where are the mods now telling you guys to stop all the personal attacking?? And how about the profanity being used in the posts above? Seems like pretty selective policing. Third, why in the world do you think I'm addressing Matt directly?? I'm only throwing my own opinion out to the community at large. Period. So sorry Matt chooses to come on here to read about himself (or sell his work) but I think he needs to be prepared for all points of view. If people are intimidated to kiss his butt (or any pinball employee's butt) then pinball will never improve. It's called being censored.
It's a serious problem on all JJP threads in particular. You have a large group of pre-order folks with their money on the line for years at a time. The same folks (majority anyway) will thumbs down, intimidate, and attack anyone who dares say something negative about their investment. It leads to a forum that does not allow open discussion and that sucks.

What in the world are you talking about? What profanity? What personal attacks? Just because you have a personal opinion doesn't mean that everyone has to agree with it or keep their mouth shut about it.

Yes, you are entitled to your opinion. And we are entitled to tell you how silly it is if that's what we think.

In this particular case, I think your opinion is silly and wrong. Is that a personal attack? Nope. Just because you are in the vast minority and almost everyone disagrees with you doesn't mean that you need to play the martyr.

#65 4 years ago

CraZ4pin???????

#66 4 years ago

why do we feed the trolls? some just love this! they feed off this. It's usually the same person (s) There is a button for these trolls! Everyone use it then the trolls will be talking to themselves.

#67 4 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Craz4pin???????

Yes, frozen right before this account was created..........

#68 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

What in the world are you talking about? What profanity? What personal attacks? Just because you have a personal opinion doesn't mean that everyone has to agree with it or keep their mouth shut about it.
Yes, you are entitled to your opinion. And we are entitled to tell you how silly it is if that's what we think.
In this particular case, I think your opinion is silly and wrong. Is that a personal attack? Nope. Just because you are in the vast minority and almost everyone disagrees with you doesn't mean that you need to play the martyr.

Play martyr? What? They quickly edited out the profanity. But in case you can't read the above posts here are a few all directed at me. And in what way is my opinion silly? You do think Smaug has a fearsome look? Why don't people debate that instead of debating who I am.

Quoted from DougPiranha:

My life just got better. I remembered that there is a ignore feature. Thanks robin!

Quoted from NPO:

Matt .....
You're being taken for a ride on the: Trollercoaster
Your work is awesome. Heck with him.

Quoted from juanton:

Looks like Craz is back. Yay us.

Post edited by moderator: Permanent thread eject. Your point has been made, and at this point you're just driving it into the ground and getting people worked up (ie: trolling). The thread will be better off without any additional participation from you.

#69 4 years ago

Poor CraZ4Pin. Everyone is ganging up on him.

whiny.jpg

#70 4 years ago

And..................IGNORE! Up to 4 now!

#71 4 years ago

No one is attacking you, they have a difference of opinion. Btw, for some of us, the work done here is more than expected and we are happy with it. I would much rather have something that looks good and holds up to torture in a machine than a collector quality piece that I constant replace.

#73 4 years ago

Much better!

#74 4 years ago

If I were buying TH as a dentist, the first mod would be to cast 2 gold crowns for Smaug's upper canines. Some of the military K9 units have dogs with upper and lower canines that required root canal treatment followed by white gold crowns. They ended up looking even more badass like Terminator.

#75 4 years ago

Its my opinion that smaug looks badass now, only change id make is tone down the gold on the se smaug, but thats really just a nitpick and could look a lot different in the game, would also like to see gold smaugs teeth.

#76 4 years ago
Quoted from LITZ:

If I were buying TH as a dentist, the first mod would be to cast 2 gold crowns for Smaug's upper canines. Some of the military K9 units have dogs with upper and lower canines that required root canal treatment followed by white gold crowns. They ended up looking even more badass like Terminator.

I might just give that a try!

#77 4 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I collect SideShowCollectibles (Toys) as well

Me too. What do you have?

#78 4 years ago

Looks better.

Hard to evaluate properly without seeing it in a pinball machine, animated.

Strong consideration to keeping gold tones on the downlow. Consider also limiting gold tones to lower jaw/ventral surfaces like in http://www.fanpop.com/clubs/smaug-the-dragon/images/36751285/title/smaug-desolation-smaug-photo

My first thoughts are that Smaug's eyes are too far out of the sockets and too wide open... But when illuminated, they might look great this way. Hard to tell without seeing it in action. But consider getting eyes deeper in sockets and adding evil, squinting eyelids over exposed eyes. Once again, I do not know if illuminated eyes hardware allow any of this, or if even making eyes smaller (deeper in sockets with top and bottom eyelids for squint effect) is even desirable with illuminated eyes. But consider it.

Love the teeth and horns: good compromise of screen realism vs pinball durability!

Good work, Matt!

#79 4 years ago

Looks fantastic! Great work for sure.

#80 4 years ago

Dear mods anyway you can keep CraZ4Pin and all his other accounts off pinside...i.e. permenent ban? TIA

#81 4 years ago

The paint job is crazy good for pin toys that's got to be replicated over a thousand times.

#82 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Me too. What do you have?

I don't have much, this is the latest. My close friend seems to be on a quest to get all the DC and Marvel premium formats.

IM Mark VII - Life Size Bust.jpg
#83 4 years ago

Matt, quality job well done! Always been a fan of your work. I would have to say this is a win/win for JJP and futures owners of TH!

#84 4 years ago

Now THAT is a bitchen Smaug! The Red dragon with the teeth is stunning. And the paintwork on the structures is phenomenal as well.
I'm excited about my pre-order again.

#85 4 years ago

Great work as always Matt! I just wish you could pull double shift and help out at Stern as well, especially with them offering mods now.

#86 4 years ago

Nice job revising Matt!

#87 4 years ago

That looks pretty sweet!! Nice work

#88 4 years ago

Great work.

Now can you make a building for bagend? or some waterfalls?? Anything to finish up the other corner!!

#89 4 years ago

Looks great. The gold one might look better than red in context/ installed.

#90 4 years ago

East Coasters - here's your chance to see THE HOBBIT :

Hobbit / Medieval Madness Remake Release Party on Saturday 2/21 from 11 am - 4 pm at Old Sled Works in Duncannon, PA (outside Harrisburg) with Jersey Jack Guarnieri !

We will have a Hobbit, one of the first MMR LEs off the line, and a WOZ there (maybe a AMH too). Jersey Jack will be there to sign anything you have and to hang out with us all day and to talk all about the Hobbit and JJP !

Old Sled Works is run by a friend and fellow coin-op collector, Jimmy Rosen. Jimmy used to run the Hershey Gameroom Expo that ran for a few years about 10 years ago. For 85 years Old Sled Works was an sled factory (owned by his family) that has been turned into a antique vendor mall with 125 vendors and even a Sled Museum ! Plenty to see and do there for the ladies who like antiques so you might want to bring them along. There is also a huge old time ARCADE there - all old / classic games - woodrail pinballs, skee ball, baseball pitch and bats, gun games, whacky arcade games, pre-war pinballs, and more ! There's also a working soda fountain where you can grab a spinning stool and order a hamburger or hot dog or a root beer float like it's 1955 ! Bring the kids, bring the lady, bring a friend, all are welcome ! I'm still working on the particulars (giveaways ?, tournaments ?) - those details will follow.

Admission will be $ 25 per person, of which 100% will go to the PinballSTAR charity fund. In return and to support our charity cause Jimmy has graciously offered up his entire pay to play arcade for FREE play to our guests - you will get a big bucket of unlimited quarters to dig your paws into to use in the arcade all day ! And we'll surely have some giveaways as well... Bottom line you will get your $ 25 back in stuff and free play all day...

Attendance may be limited. If you would like to reserve a spot to attend - please email me at Sales@PinballSTAR.com (do not PM on Pinside) back the following info for EACH person attending :
Name, city/state, email address, phone, which games that we distribute do you own ? (bought from us or not) - this helps to plan some potential giveaways.

Check out their site for info / address : http://www.sledworks.com/ - you might even run into a Pinup Girl or two (the location is used frequently for pin up photo shoots much to Jimmy's liking !)

You tube TOUR of OLD SLED WORKS :
» YouTube video
IT'S GOING TO BE A FUN DAY ! MARK YOUR CALANDER AND COME JOIN US !

PinballSTAR Amusements CHARITY :
We donate WOZ pinball machines to children's hospitals. We have donated two so far - one in Philadelphia and one in Pittsburgh... For the Hobbit we are considering donating a Hobbit machine to a local Pittsburgh Veteran's facility for use by members of our armed forces. This would be donated at the ReplayFX show in Pittsburgh in July. Details being worked out on that donation ! : )
Details of our previous WOZ game donations to children's hospitals are at these links :
http://www.pinballnews.com/news/wozdonation.html
http://www.timesleader.com/news/local-news/1066736/Therapy-in-play
http://papa.org/2014/07/23/pinball-star-donates-wizard-of-oz-machine-to-pittsburgh-hospital/

LIKE US ON FACEBOOK :
If you are not yet a 'friend' of us on Facebook - go and LIKE us now - I do post a lot of updates there on all games and the pinball world in general - You will get instant info there when new news is released that I may not always send out in email.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/PinballSTAR-Amusements/281515171950637

We are distributors for
Jersey Jack Pinball -
Wizard of Oz Standard and WOZ 75th Anniversary - IN STOCK
The Hobbit - Standard, LE, and Smaug SE (we have Smaugs !)
Planetary Pinball -
Medieval Madness Remake - Standard and LE (we have a FEW LE's available)
Spooky Pinball -
America's Most Haunted - (we will have some previously ordered games available SOON)
Virtuapin (Video pinball)

Contact us for your best pricing and info on all games ! Payment plans available !

IF YOU WANT TO ATTEND THE HOBBIT / MMR LE PARTY - EMAIL US TO GET ON THE LIST !

Joe Newhart
PinballSTAR Amusements
Sales@PinballSTAR.com
570-357-0042
Facebook Keyword - PinballSTAR Amusements

1 week later
#91 4 years ago

want to bump this as I hope someone in attendance will post us some pictures or video!

#92 4 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

want to bump this as I hope someone in attendance will post us some pictures or video!

Due to the weather in PA the show has been postponed!

#93 4 years ago

crap, didn't think about that but totally makes sense!

#94 4 years ago
Quoted from Jetzxi:

Wasn't your "other" account frozen 3 months ago? Give it a rest already man, I really don't think Matt gives 2 shits about what you think!
Post edited by Jetzxi: Added the word "other"

Not just Matt, no one else does either!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 25.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 11.95
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 59.99
€ 159.00
Cabinet - Toppers
FlipperLED
7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Huntington, WV
$ 8,500.00
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 21.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dayton, OH
$ 12.99
$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 96.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Des Moines, IA
There are 94 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside