By HarrieD

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1 post
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 6 years ago

Good day fellow pinheads.

After being made enthousiast about the SmartDMD project I decided to create such a nifty system as well for my POTC. Thanks to the great work of Olivier, Pinballmike and Rens I was able to create my own SmartDMD setup for little money. The only problem I have is that the output doesn't scale all across the display.

My setup (and the alternatives I tried):
    - Raspberry PI 1 B+ v1.2 (also a RPI 1A 256MB)
    - 1366*768 pixel screen from China with a LCD controller from China. It has a shitty viewing angle and the colors are horrible so this will be replaced as soon as I got the problem figured out
    - Both are connected via HDMI.

I used the color rom which Rens made available (great work by the way) and created my own "DMD extender board". After bumping my head several times I finally got it working and colorisation is working like a charm. Only I cannot widen the screen and am limited to 75% of the full potential of the screen. With the left and right parameter I can make it smaller but not wider. And yes, I have tried the negative values as well.

I also tried connecting 2 different computer monitors, they have the same problem.

Does anyone know what I can check next?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/smartdmd-stretch-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.