(Topic ID: 122034)

SmartDMD Kits - Everything you need to know is here.

By PinballMikeD

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 119 posts
  • 35 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by zene10
  • Topic is favorited by 64 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20160102_114504_(resized).jpg
    side channel setup.png
    image.jpg
    Coffin.png
    Sparky Shot.png
    Blackened.png
    Lady Justice.png
    Grave Marker MB.png
    For Whom the Bell Tolls.png
    Extra Ball.png
    Battery.png
    Cables.png
    Game connection #2.png
    SDMD connections.png
    Game connection #1.png
    PMD SDMD Cable.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider quartergrabber.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 9 years ago

I want to know it all! Please tell.

#11 9 years ago
    Quoted from underlord:

Am I missing something here??

I thought he was asking you. What is the answer underlord? Is it a riddle?

1 week later
    #22 9 years ago

Are these being sold yet? If so are there any other games that are fully coloured right now other then Avengers (don't know why that was coloured?) and AC/DC?

#30 9 years ago
    Quoted from ddebuss:

You forgot to include details on how to buy your kits...

I asked and you can't buy the full kit right now. And one thing I really dislike about SmartDMD's business model is that if a game you want colorization for has been colored by someone other then the SmartDMD team, you will have to contact the person that colored it and probably pay more money to them for the file. That sucks. I'm sure some pinsiders will be cool and just share the file but there will be others that will definently want to be paid and probably big time for their file. I know the game I want the color file for, the person that created it publically posted that he would NOT share it with anyone. Makes me sway more towards ColorDMD instead.

#31 9 years ago

Oops,double,post

1 week later
    #47 9 years ago

You forgot to mention that this guy refuses to share his work which is what I was ranting about in the first place. FGY is one of the roms I wanted but when I was told to contact this Monster_Bash person I knew it would be a waste of time as he publically refused to share the colour pallet and updated rom. So please stop saying FGY is an option for SmartDMD right now as the creator has publically refused to share it. I hope you guys colour it yourselves in the future and actually offer it.

Here is the original thread:

http://www.maaca.org/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=16573

Here is a quote from him where he states this.

Quoted from Monster_Bash:

Asking $5150 USD located in Grand Island NY (A mile South of Niagara Falls)

I bought it brand new from StarBurst in 2007ish (maybe 2008?)...it's Home Use Only

I spent about 100 hours 'colorizing' the animation using Pinball Browser and Smart DMD. It's truly one of a kinda as I have not shared (nor do I plan to) the ROM and palette information.

It's in the condition you would expect a HUO machine with about 500-600 plays. I'll upload more pictures to the link tomorrow when I get to work. My internet service has been down at home for a couple of days and I'm at the end of my data allowance. (EDIT: more pics added)

The cab and PF are in exception shape
    Day one Cliffy
    Insert LEDs
    Stewie pinball decals
    Day one on plastic protector
    Tournament topper (non-LED) and button

The machine WILL NOT come with the translite (available on ebay for $80 shipped) as it is signed to me from a member of the Family Guy Staff

I'm only going to offer the machine for sale for approx one week and only here on MAACA. If I don't sell it in time to pick up my new pin I plan on keeping it. I'll be making the trip for the new machine the week of 8.25

Pics here http://s196.photobucket.com/user/m0nsterbash/library/Family%20Guy

Video here:

The video does not to the colors justice...it's extremely washed out and the attempts to auto focus are pretty annoying. But you should get the idea of what the custom LCD looks like.

http://s196.photobucket.com/user/m0nsterbash/media/Family%20Guy/20140818_190506_zpsvsjpugc2.jpg.html

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa258/m0nsterbash/Family%20Guy/20140818_190506_zpsvsjpugc2.jpg

Here is the most important part of the quote:

"I spent about 100 hours 'colorizing' the animation using Pinball Browser and Smart DMD. It's truly one of a kinda as I have not shared (nor do I plan to) the ROM and palette information"

#51 9 years ago
    Quoted from PinballMikeD:

Any Stern SAM machine is an option with SmartDMD.
    Unfortunately, I can't control what other people do. Remember, Pinball Browser gives anyone the ability to colorize a game. What people choose to do with their work is up to them.

yeah, I know, sorry for the rant but I was so excited about getting colour for FGY, when I heard I had to contact that guy I was super disappointed. Once again, sorry, I know it has nothing to do with you or the SmartDMD team. I saw someone was colouring Xmen and TWD, hopefully he is a member of your team

#53 9 years ago
    Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Potc Is coming for free soon

I love people like you

#56 9 years ago
    Quoted from RoyF:

Is there a solution for the "free memory" problem?

I hope the answer to this is yes. I really want Xmen coloured They coloured Avengers so I guess Xmen has more dots/code in it?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider quartergrabber.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/smartdmd-everything-you-need-to-know?tu=quartergrabber and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.