(Topic ID: 72365)

SmartDmd : DMD interface with colors, upscaling, network and more !

By oga83

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 613 posts
  • 123 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 66 days ago by Cadrion
  • Topic is favorited by 153 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
hammer-falling.gif
tombstone-crumbling.gif
tombstone-exploding.gif
graveyard---rounded-tombstones.gif
ScottPin_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
MET_logo.jpg
eotl-(jump).gif
eotl-(driving).gif
eotl-(intro).gif
eotl-intro.gif
end-of-the-line-sample.gif
end_of_the_line_(browser)_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dung.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#223 6 years ago

Anyone tried this on a Large DMD game?

2 months later
#262 6 years ago

Has anyone tried using a pi A+ board for this? I see someone tried a B+ any reason there would be an issue?

Anyone tried getting power from a DE system 3 board like they do with the dmd extender?

Looking to order 2 of these and trying to decide between waiting for the dmd extender to get back in stock or go with this.

#264 6 years ago

Thought as much, but it was worth asking. The dmd extender has been out of stock due to it not being compatible with the + boards.

2 weeks later
#266 6 years ago

So no dice here. I am trying to set this up for two different machines. Both machines I am getting the same issue. LCD turns on and displays the raspberry pi logo in the upper corner. That's it. Anyone have any suggestions?

#271 6 years ago
Quoted from Monster_Bash:

I had an issue with certain SD cards. I had a couple laying around and neither would boot properly. I bought a new Lexar 8GB and those worked fine

Tried the earlier image and switched usb cables. I was not getting a green led meaning it wasn't booting. Currently putting the latest back on to see if it is the issue.

*Confirmed the latest image does not work on either of my raspberry pi a+ boards*

Also I did not get a license with either of my smart dmds? Do I also have to pay for the license on top of the cost of the boards?

#276 6 years ago

Please update the FAQ. It says use a 4GB sd card so I bought two. Problem is that they come out to 3.68GB and the image is 3.7GB...

#278 6 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

It depends on the SD card : some are slightly smaller than others.
I'll try to shrinken the next images before uploading them.
(in the meantime, if you're familiar with linux, you can bypass this issue : use dd instead of diskimager, but it's more tricky).

I figure why deal with the hassle? The cost difference is very minor and chances are the images could get bigger in future releases. Makes more sense to just set the faq to say 8GB and cover all the bases imo.

1 month later
#288 6 years ago

If anyone is looking for one of these I have an unused one, correct lcd controller, raspberry pi a+, 8gb microsd, basically everything except the lcd screen. Accidentally broke the lcd putting it in JP and then sold the machine.

1 week later
#289 6 years ago

Can anyone recommend a place to buy raspberry pi's that overclock correctly? Want to upgrade the one in my batman. My Raspberry PI A+ has crappy ram which will not OC enough to run the newer versions.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dung.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside