Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 84 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Crash
  • Topic is favorited by 34 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

WP_20160416_009_(resized).jpg
    WP_20160416_008_(resized).jpg
    WP_20160416_002_(resized).jpg
    WP_20160416_005_(resized).jpg
    Capture1_(resized).PNG
    483.jpg
    482.jpg
    481.jpg
    479.jpg
    480.jpg
    478.jpg
    477.jpg
    476.jpg
    474.jpg
    475.jpg
    473.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballmiked.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 8 years ago

Nice to see you coming around Crash

#10 8 years ago
    Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Yes this is exactly it. With colorDMD I can try it in 10 different games. Now if I had to pay $50 for each game that would suck ass. Plus for $400 they are buying all the parts and putting them together for me, it's plug and play. And their customer service is great, if you have an issue with your colorDMD they walk you through fixing it or replace it for you. This is a much cheaper option I'd like to try out, but I buy the parts and put them together myself, if I screw up, too bad for me I'm out that investment. If one of the parts doesn't work, I'm screwed, and so on. So yeah I don't mind colordmds plug and play option with a warantee for $400 at all.

FYI - my color files (ACDC and MET) are free to any licensed PB user. So, if you pay Oga $35 for a license you can have my work for free (all 200+ hours of it), even if you've trashed talked my colorization work in other peoples threads

To answer your question, the following games have been colorized already:

1) ACDC
    2) MET
    3) Avengers
    4) Family Guy
    5) POTC
    6) Mustang
    7) Shrek

and More are in process

It's up to you to seek out the individuals who colorized the ROMs and see if they'll be willing to share their hard work with you. However, based on all the posts you've made in previous SDMD threads, I don't think this is the product for you. My personal recommendation is that you stick with CDMD. If you want plug and play then you've missed the whole point of what SDMD is. Keep on flipping and I wish you all the best.

#20 8 years ago
    Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

I actually complimented your work in other threads and said I liked it better because it was brighter so I don't know what you are talking about And I think you are right, SmartDMD isn't for me. I thought I read somewhere they changed their business model and weren't charging for colonization anymore but it appears not to be that way. And the list of coloured games is too small, I don't own any of them And it's not that I want plug and play, I don't mind putting something together. I was just answering Mark's ridiculous statement.

I'm sorry, I guess I just took your comments below out of context - my apologies. Anyway, I don't want to derail Crash's thread. Sorry, guess I was just in a bad mood yesterday morning. Great thread Crash.

Screen_Shot_2015-10-28_at_6.17.12_AM.pngScreen_Shot_2015-10-28_at_6.17.12_AM.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballmiked.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/smartdmd-color-display-setup-guide?tu=pinballmiked and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.