Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 84 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Crash
  • Topic is favorited by 34 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

WP_20160416_009_(resized).jpg
    WP_20160416_008_(resized).jpg
    WP_20160416_002_(resized).jpg
    WP_20160416_005_(resized).jpg
    Capture1_(resized).PNG
    483.jpg
    482.jpg
    481.jpg
    479.jpg
    480.jpg
    478.jpg
    477.jpg
    476.jpg
    474.jpg
    475.jpg
    473.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider oga83.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 8 years ago
    Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Now if I had to pay $50 for each game that would suck ass

The SmartDmd license is $35 and it can be used on any game. The license is bound to the Raspberry, not the game.

Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

if I screw up, too bad for me I'm out that investment. If one of the parts doesn't work, I'm screwed

With a DIY solution, you can easily replace a part

#24 8 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

Oga is there a way to include a sleep or shut down feature when the DMD signal goes off that also disconnects the HDMI output?

This is a good idea. When the game is turned off, SmartDmd could display "No signal" for a few seconds (adjustable) and then switch the hdmi off. Let me figure out how to do this.

#26 8 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

Can the computer be put in a standby or low power state as well?

The processor can be slowed down but no put in standby mode.

If you prefer, you can take the 5v from the game cpu board to power the Raspberry. SmartDmd can safely be switched off with the game. The only drawback is that it takes around 20s to start again (but I think this this could be improved).

1 week later
    #31 8 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

Oga is there a way to include a sleep or shut down feature when the DMD signal goes off that also disconnects the HDMI output?

There is a new executable for SmartDmd : v2015-11-04 (beta version)
    If you add the following line into smartdmd.txt, the video signal will be switched off when the game if turned off (instead of a "No Signal" message) :
    video_off_enable=1

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider oga83.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/smartdmd-color-display-setup-guide?tu=oga83 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.