Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 61 posts
  • 33 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by lordloss
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

motorola_dynatac (resized).jpg
    tempcontrol (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider GGG.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#23 7 years ago

In my newer vacation house i use a Honeywell Lyric after a debacle with 2 nests, the lyric is fantastic in remote operation and the app is easy to use. In my older primary residence I was unable to use the lyric due to not being able to string a c-wire easily for power, so instead i purchased a 2gig ct100 which works great with zwave and doesn't require a c-wire, runs off internal batteries, and they have not gone dead in over 9 months.

#34 7 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

Is there any digital thermostat available that allows for fractions of a degree to be set?

If you use a z-wave compatible thermo similar to my inexpensive 2gig ct100, you can also set up remote sensors and/or run zwave scenes (depending on the zwave hub) to customize your temp settings to the nth degree.

#45 7 years ago
    Quoted from BoJo:

Any recommended wireless CO or smoke detectors that send you alerts? Always wanted to add one in case something happened when we're not home cause of the dogs.

First alert makes a battery operated combo alert for both smoke & CO2, it is zwave only, so you need a zwave hub, been using them in 2 houses for over 6 months , no issues. Last time I checked, no one makes a hard wired model yet.

1 week later
    #55 7 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

Is there any digital thermostat available that allows for fractions of a degree to be set?

Funny, Just got a small cold spell here and my furnace turned on for the first time in months, checked the temp on my 2gig ct100 thermo and it actually has settings in half degree increments, never noticed it before..fyi

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider GGG.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/smart-thermostats?tu=GGG and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.