Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 211 posts
  • 77 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by cottonm4
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20230308_191905 (resized).jpg
    20230308_191854 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    A012DF50-9050-48CE-B174-6C1AE19E12BF (resized).jpeg
    1620247335191330817-png__700 (resized).jpg
    6BF4B500-0B31-4610-A2B5-990E3BF7773D (resized).jpeg
    Screen Shot 2023-02-18 at 9.35.38 AM (resized).jpg
    UPwaBeV (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    Screen Shot 2023-02-18 at 5.58.41 AM (resized).jpg
    DSC00323 (resized).JPG
    pasted_image (resized).png
    image (resized).png
    825E5A06-0CEE-451D-A1DC-56C7C5D7E94E (resized).png
    A390FD64-52E1-424C-BACE-DDF5B63AAC6E (resized).png
    7DFCDC46-659F-43D4-A7ED-776F1A40BD3C_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
    There are 211 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.
    #201 1 year ago
    Quoted from GravitaR:

Get the $2 Beefy Melt Burrito as its the same size as thier regular ones. BARGAIN!!![quoted image]

I've been getting these $1 and $2 burritos for a long time. I buy a bunch at a time and put them in the freezer. I noticed one place had gone up in prices. I no longer buy from that location, and the other 2 places are still at $1 and $2. Good protein and calories for the cost, beans and rice. Ideal for a SHTF situation assuming you can keep them cold.

Who knows, maybe the value menu will be our next currency!

#202 1 year ago
    Quoted from girloveswaffles:Actually, the bottles are the same size. I think between the lighting, taking the picture really close up and the asymmetrical shape of the bottle it makes the one on the right look wider.

I didn't check for that, but I will later.

Quoted from cottonm4:

And via the magic of creative packaging the smaller 8 oz. container on the right looks larger than the larger one on the left.

Okay, so both the 10oz. and 8oz. bottles have a very slight indentation on the bottoms, most likely to strengthen the bottle, but both bottles are still identical in size and shape.

#203 1 year ago
    Quoted from girloveswaffles:

Okay, so both the 10oz. and 8oz. bottles have a very slight indentation on the bottoms, most likely to strengthen the bottle, but both bottles are still identical in size and shape.

??? One is an 8oz. bottle and the other is 10 oz. If they are same size then the factory is short filling one bottle and changing the labeling is only thing I can think of.

I did see something like this several years ago when the package down-sizing started happening. There were two brands of coffee. Both brands had cans the same size, but one had something like 3 oz. less coffee in the can. I call it potato chip packaging where you are buying a lot of air.

Speaking of potato chips, it has been awhile since I have seen a 16 oz. bag of chips.

#204 1 year ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

??? One is an 8oz. bottle and the other is 10 oz. If they are same size then the factory is short filling one bottle and changing the labeling is only thing I can think of.

That's pretty much it in a nutshell. Same size container, new labels, less product. P&G also sells tide in the same size bottles, but they're yellow with a blue cap. I did luck out yesterday and found both Gain detergent and fabric softener 10oz. bottles at a Dollar Tree yesterday and stocked up on them.

Quoted from cottonm4:

???
    ... Speaking of potato chips, it has been awhile since I have seen a 16 oz. bag of chips.

When is the last time anyone found a Half Gallon container of Ice Cream for that matter?

#205 1 year ago

When is the last time anyone found a Half Gallon container of Ice Cream for that matter?

In 2008 Braum's ice cream started coming in 3 qt. containers instead of 1 gallon containers.. I have not seen 1 gallon containers since 2008. I forgot all about half gallons.

1 week later
    #206 1 year ago

I have noticed a different trend on some items.
    Aldi used to sell individual apple and cherry pie treats. Now these are sold in boxes of 6 or so. Also Aldi for whatever reason shrunk the paper bag and added handles.

Another grocery store I could buy individual Habeneros and Red Tai peppers. Now they sell in 1 lb bags...

#207 1 year ago

My local Safeway is selling Bananas at 34 cents each,no longer by the pound.Some Bananas are big and some small.Same price .Sometimes I go in and only smalls left now.DOH

#208 1 year ago

That's pretty much it in a nutshell. Same size container, new labels, less product. P&G also sells tide in the same size bottles, but they're yellow with a blue cap. I did luck out yesterday and found both Gain detergent and fabric softener 10oz. bottles at a Dollar Tree yesterday and stocked up on them.

Quoted from chad:

I have noticed a different trend on some items.
    Aldi used to sell individual apple and cherry pie treats. Now these are sold in boxes of 6 or so. Also Aldi for whatever reason shrunk the paper bag and added handles.
    Another grocery store I could buy individual Habeneros and Red Tai peppers. Now they sell in 1 lb bags...

So I realized, the 8 Oz. bottles are ones I got at a Dollar General. I've been finding the 10 Oz. bottles still at both Dollar Tree and The 99 Store (formerly The 99 Cents Only Store).

Quoted from Jamesays:

My local Safeway is selling Bananas at 34 cents each,no longer by the pound.Some Bananas are big and some small.Same price .Sometimes I go in and only smalls left now.DOH

That's what SHE said!

#209 1 year ago
    Quoted from Jamesays:

I wonder how long this will last? I supposed when all the small left overs turn black. This is a stupid corporate move.

1 week later
    #210 1 year ago

Caught this really sneaky one yesterday. The volume label was at least clear but the bottles are so close in size I almost didn't catch it. I actually felt the difference which made me do a double take.

20230308_191854 (resized).jpg20230308_191854 (resized).jpg

20230308_191905 (resized).jpg20230308_191905 (resized).jpg

#211 1 year ago
    Quoted from goingincirclez:

Caught this really sneaky one yesterday. The volume label was at least clear but the bottles are so close in size I almost didn't catch it. I actually felt the difference which made me do a double take.
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]

That is one of the sneakiest ones I have seen.

There are 211 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.