Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 211 posts
  • 77 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by cottonm4
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20230308_191905 (resized).jpg
    20230308_191854 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    A012DF50-9050-48CE-B174-6C1AE19E12BF (resized).jpeg
    1620247335191330817-png__700 (resized).jpg
    6BF4B500-0B31-4610-A2B5-990E3BF7773D (resized).jpeg
    Screen Shot 2023-02-18 at 9.35.38 AM (resized).jpg
    UPwaBeV (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    Screen Shot 2023-02-18 at 5.58.41 AM (resized).jpg
    DSC00323 (resized).JPG
    pasted_image (resized).png
    image (resized).png
    825E5A06-0CEE-451D-A1DC-56C7C5D7E94E (resized).png
    A390FD64-52E1-424C-BACE-DDF5B63AAC6E (resized).png
    7DFCDC46-659F-43D4-A7ED-776F1A40BD3C_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
    There are 211 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.
    #51 1 year ago
    Quoted from LesManley:

Kind of like a certain pinball company when their typical standard game became a "Premium" version and then that previous standard game was stripped of features and called a "Pro" version...all the while consistently raising prices across the board.
    [quoted image]

And yet people keep buying (stares at my JP Pro), and yep, I am certainly part of that problem.

#52 1 year ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Started with bacon about 7 or 8 years back when 500g packs became 375g for the same cost. Noticed about a year ago cheese slices went from a 24 pack to 22 now. Same with cheese whiz. Always was a 1kg jar. Now it's 900g. Wonder when hot dogs will be in 10 packs instead of a dozen?

Might have already happened. My wife picked up hotdogs and the pack was 10. "I thought these were in packs of 12", while throwing them on the BBQ.

#53 1 year ago

I noticed it when 1/2 gallons of Ice Cream disappeared

#54 1 year ago
    Quoted from TwilightZone:

Might have already happened. My wife picked up hotdogs and the pack was 10. "I thought these were in packs of 12", while throwing them on the BBQ.

Timely discussion as this is in our local paper today...

PXL_20220609_165641995 (resized).jpgPXL_20220609_165641995 (resized).jpg
    #55 1 year ago

Bedding plants this year. Everything used to be in 6 packs. This year it's 4 packs and single plants at higher prices

#56 1 year ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

Forget the Payday. Go buy a sack of candy corn and some peanuts. Same thing. This will at least be a cost savings on a comparative basis.

For real?? I never would have thought that. Love candy corn and peanuts, guess that is why I buy paydays, even though they must have cut back the salt years ago from my childhood days. Just not the same.

#57 1 year ago

If I keep paying more at the store I may finally let the plot of grass die in the front yard and add more drought plants like neighbors.
    Boo - but I really enjoy my Raisin Bran!

#58 1 year ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Im grateful my House I own for 35 years with Low taxes.
    My new neighbor next door blew me away with his new tax bill!
    Pins...Godzilla costs half my AGI! Ill have to trade.

Why would your neighbor have a higher tax bill than you do?

#59 1 year ago
    Quoted from ShinyBall:

For real?? I never would have thought that. Love candy corn and peanuts, guess that is why I buy paydays, even though they must have cut back the salt years ago from my childhood days. Just not the same.

Well, the Payday filler is a little more gooey. Other than that......

#60 1 year ago
    Quoted from LesManley:

[quoted image]

Oh yeah, I forgot: To get around the calorie count and other BS per serving, cereals now label the boxes as a full serving is only 3/4 cup instead of one cup. Same crap, smaller portions, but you will still fill up your cereal bowl. So no difference in what you are eating.

#61 1 year ago
    Quoted from Jamesays:

I noticed it when 1/2 gallons of Ice Cream disappeared

I noticed when gallons of ice cream turned into 3 quarts, a la Braum's.

#62 1 year ago
    pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #63 1 year ago
    Quoted from Methos:

Why would your neighbor have a higher tax bill than you do?

He bought his house 33 years after I bought mine.

His assessed value is used in a way that taxes are based on his purchase price.

#64 1 year ago
    Quoted from Jamesays:

[quoted image]

I also saw that at Bargain Hunt and Big Lots, or something similar. All marshmallows. They have finally permeated the retail space!

#65 1 year ago

Arizona Iced Tea laughs at your inflation/shrinkflation! 30 years and the same size for under a buck!

aza (resized).jpgaza (resized).jpg
    #66 1 year ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Arizona Iced Tea laughs at your inflation/shrinkflation! 30 years and the same size for under a buck!
    [quoted image]

How do they do it?!?!?!

I've definitely paid attention to the size and price of a bag of cool ranch Doritos over the years.

Back in high school the Big Grab was 99 cents. It's $1.99 now and that grab ain't so big!

#67 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

How do they do it?!?!?!
    I've definitely paid attention to the size and price of a bag of cool ranch Doritos over the years.
    Back in high school the Big Grab was 99 cents. It's $1.99 now and that grab ain't so big!

Finally... I found the person who like cool ranch doritos.

#68 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

How do they do it?!?!?!

16-18 years ago I bought a bucket of Kentucky Fried Chicken. It was served to me in 2 buckets. The last time I bought a bucket of KFC, the order did not even fill one bucket. Now, I just buy a pot pie and call it a day.

#69 1 year ago

I'm going to approach this with my employer under a new tactic, since the article states consumers notice a smaller quantity less than they notice a price increase. I'll just start working only 30 hours a week. See if he notices.

Quoted from LesManley:

#70 1 year ago
    Quoted from gliebig:

Finally... I found the person who like cool ranch doritos.

You are out of your mind!!!

The best flavor. There's a reason it's the only non-nacho that's been in production continually for decades!

#71 1 year ago
    Quoted from Atari_Daze:

I'm going to approach this with my employer under a new tactic, since the article states consumers notice a smaller quantity less than they notice a price increase. I'll just start working only 30 hours a week. See if he notices.

That’s so European!

#72 1 year ago

Fun Fact - I guess they don't have ranch, because this is what they call it in Europe...

cool (resized).jpgcool (resized).jpg
    #73 1 year ago

Same ingredients though, or more watered down? If you want to fight food inflation, there is also Taco Bell's value menu. You can get a full bean and rice burrito for just $1. You can't even buy anything at Dollar Tree for that price anymore. To me, two of those will make a decent meal. And they freeze pretty well, heating them up in the wrapper sort of steams them. Great calories and protein for buying in bulk for emergencies.

#75 1 year ago

I'm sure a couple thousand mules will help plow the fields and get our food supply straightened out.

#76 1 year ago

LOL

get over it dude.

It's derangement syndrome?

#77 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Fun Fact - I guess they don't have ranch, because this is what they call it in Europe...[quoted image]

Ha. Cool American flavor. One wonders what an American tastes like?

#78 1 year ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

LOL.

#79 1 year ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

It's actually a bit less ranchy, dulled down for the Euro tastes?

But still delicious. The sweet, MSG-ish tang of home!

#80 1 year ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

I think that it's just that we're so fat on average that if you were to cut an American open, ranch sauce pours out. The joke used to be gravy, but it's been updated to reflect that we seemingly put ranch on everything.

#81 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It's actually a bit less ranchy, dulled down for the Euro tastes?
    But still delicious. The sweet, MSG-ish tang of home!

If it's MSG based ranch flavor you seek, look no further my friend. I can put a box of these bad boys away in one sitting. Possibly the most addictive snack I've ever encountered.

51sQDDXMCWL (resized).jpg51sQDDXMCWL (resized).jpg
    #82 1 year ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

FL doesn't periodically reassess property values?

#83 1 year ago

Wrong, QE has been going on for quite longer than 18 months. But you know this and don't care, all you want to do is whine and skirt the rules.

#84 1 year ago
    Quoted from metallik:

Wrong, QE has been going on for quite longer than 18 months. But you know this and don't care, all you want to do is whine and skirt the rules.

Yeah he got moderated 4 times in one thread, and now he likes to drop in every other day in any possible thread with the "whatever happened?!?!" routine.

I really don't get these guys. Are all their facebook friends and family members tired of their whining and bullshit? Why bring it here when it's explicitly against the rules? Is this really their last remaining battlefield?

#85 1 year ago

I like how this thread title says "again" as if the grocery shrink ray hasn't been going strong for years.

#86 1 year ago

Meanwhile, try buying any name-brand toilet paper smaller than a mega roll. The struggle is real!

#87 1 year ago

4 MegaRolls = 56,275 regular rolls!!!1

gawd I hate that shit....

#88 1 year ago

Cheese whiz, sugar cereal, bacon, I think you guys will be OK with the smaller box

#89 1 year ago

I was going to pick up some Kellogg's Frosted Flakes today. Regular box was 5.59. The huge box, twice the weight, was on sale, $3.29. Decisions decisions. Okay I'll save the two bucks and get more.

A good time to sharpen your shopping skills. If I was just grabbing what I wanted instead of comparing, I would have missed it.

LTG : )

#90 1 year ago
    Quoted from metallik:

4 MegaRolls = 56,275 regular rolls!!!1
    gawd I hate that shit....

The new Megaroll, adjusted for inflation!

#91 1 year ago
    Quoted from metallik:

FL doesn't periodically reassess property values?

This might help:
    "In Florida, the first year a residence receives a homestead exemption, the property tax appraiser assesses it at just or fair market value. After the first year, the assessed value can't increase more than three percent of the Consumer Price Index (CPI), whichever is lower"

https://www.proptaxadjust.com/property-tax-insights/how-florida-property-tax-valuation-works/#:~:text=In%20Florida%2C%20the%20first%20year,CPI)%2C%20whichever%20is%20lower.

Im definitely not smart enough to explain.

#92 1 year ago
    Quoted from pincoin:

A 2x4 has always been 1 1/2 by 3 1/2, when they are rough cut from logs they are 2x4, when milled smooth is when you loose the 1/2 inch. Been that way for decades.

Don’t believe everything you read, a 2x4 use to actually be just that… a 2x4. I’ve been in carpentry many years and use to frame houses in the 90s, and I’ve remodeled a few older homes that had actual 2x4 construction.

The BS explanation is they start out 2x4 and are trimmed up to the current size (right, they trim off 25% of each board so they are straight and true… eye roll) This is completely false, especially in this day and age where precision instruments are used to maximize each log for lumber output.

A 2x4 hasn’t been a 2x4 for many decades now but its not because they trim off and throw away extra. It simply is due to more board production per log and more money generated.

#93 1 year ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Im definitely not smart enough to explain.

You're good, that's a full explanation: FL has a cap on how fast assessed property values can rise. I forgot some jurisdictions passed such laws. Selling the property allows a new full assessment.

#94 1 year ago
    Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Who DIDNT KNOW? The fed was PRINTING MONEY like crazy during the height of the pandemic. It was a pretty obvious path we were on from the get go.

Agreed. I don’t know a single person that truly believed the talking heads that inflation would be temporary and passing…not one.

#95 1 year ago

Wine glasses have gone up in size

M-pint (resized).jpgM-pint (resized).jpg

#96 1 year ago

Wow. You guys sure seem to know a lot about smaller packages.

#97 1 year ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

Wow. You guys sure seem to know a lot about smaller packages.

pjbJUx_S_0ox.gifpjbJUx_S_0ox.gif
    #98 1 year ago

I thought this thread was for guys with small packages performing to completion. My bad.

*backs out of the room*

#99 1 year ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Any your assessments are not updated every few years?

Damn- FL has to get up to date like they do in hell (Wisconsin).

#100 1 year ago

They do, but capped.

There are 211 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/smaller-packages-are-coming-again-/page/2?hl=grantopia and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.