pasted_image (resized).png
20230711_133112 (resized).jpg
20230711_132402 (resized).jpg
20230419_205104 (resized).jpg
B4ACA340-4DDF-4E9F-892B-5E4E9E29AF7E (resized).jpeg
C02DF4C8-DD9A-4F04-B37D-5C610F4F8B51 (resized).jpeg
8DC66FAA-F87E-4E0D-B6A7-07163BEE03C2 (resized).jpeg
BB043C8D-E4AB-4A31-87EC-83528E97C801 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider silverballsleuth.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#26 4 years ago

I need one, let’s make this happen.

#28 4 years ago

x3

No, wait x3000.

#30 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I got all excited when I saw new posts on this thread. I want to see this happen as well! X4
Well it's not as preferable as a new PF, is Hardtop a potential option on this game?

Let’s hardtop it. Give this game a comb over. Put lipstick on our pig playfields.

1 week later
#34 4 years ago

I’m gonna post here once a week. This needs to happen.

#36 4 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

When I posted x 2 I meant that I would buy 2 play fields.

We’re gonna find a way to get you those two playfields.

#38 4 years ago
Quoted from joegeno:

I have an above average playfield that could be used for a scan. However it would need to be touched up for sure in some sort of program/artist etc. it’s much better than quite a few I’ve seen. I know nothing about doing this, so I’d need some guidance for sure.

Thank you for sharing this. Is this a spare playfield or one in a game?

1 year later
#74 3 years ago

Folks -

I have too much time on my hands. I got a hold of a playfield scan. It's rough, and it's gonna take about 40 hours or so, but it will look NOS, or very close to it when I am done.

When it is done, I will make it accessible to the entire community, for free and for educational purposes of course. I will also make several color variations.

#76 3 years ago
Quoted from SilverballSleuth:

Folks -
I have too much time on my hands. I got a hold of a playfield scan. It's rough, and it's gonna take about 40 hours or so, but it will look NOS, or very close to it when I am done.
When it is done, I will make it accessible to the entire community, for free and for educational purposes of course. I will also make several color variations.

Already an update. The pinsider that provided me the scan sent me a second one that has been cleaned up a bit. He did a lot of cleaning to it - cutting the time I need to take, probably in half.

I’m about 4 hours in and it already looks really good. Calling it a night. Want to let y’all know, I also have the BACKGLASS. I’ll be adding them both to my website - please don’t hesitate to send a DM if you want either scans for educational purpose.

Cheers,

Moberg

#79 3 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Holy crap. Thank you so much for doing this. Now I need to get one that's blown out so I can have my guy print it. He's never done a playfield before so I don't really want to sand mine down as a test.
Anyone have a blown out one they want to sell.

I should give y’all an update - I’m nearly finished. This has taken *forever.* Pixel perfect hasn’t been an easy feat. Should be done by or on Monday. If it wasn’t for quarantine this never would have gotten done. The new image looks amazing!

The black background is jet black and with a glossy printing method - it’ll look shiny and wonderful for years to come! The yellow and orange are true to the original flyer for the game.

I only took one liberty and removed what’s his names signature from the playfield - it’s the only way the art package could possibly be improved.

ADDITIONALLY:

I will be unearthing and releasing never before seen information regarding the development of the game in the coming weeks. Very excited to share that with everyone. I may even release it in chapters to keep y’all in suspense!

#80 3 years ago

AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I thought I was done with this - until technology screwed me over. I’ve been doing this project on an old CRT monitor that’s been passed through the family for forever.

Well, it looked REALLY good. I took a photo to prove my fabulous circle redrawing skills when I noticed something alarming, through the camera of my phone - see photo #2. There’s the slightest variation of black in this photo of my CRT monitor which isn’t visible to my eyes, but to a smartphone camera.

I figured I needed to open my laptop to see it in hi-def, and guess what? Photo #1 shows my fill tool didn’t really work too well.

This is not a cancellation - just a delay. I’m glad I realized it - otherwise y’all would have spent money to print this, looked *real* close at the playfield and been very upset at me.

This has been a massive undertaking - and in retrospect - maybe not worth it. But - I’ve come this far so - onward to painting thousands more individual pixels zoomed in at 800%.
4421DDA9-69BA-43B3-A67B-9F8823F4AACD (resized).png4421DDA9-69BA-43B3-A67B-9F8823F4AACD (resized).png8FAC0318-B342-4746-927E-9678209E8A44 (resized).jpeg8FAC0318-B342-4746-927E-9678209E8A44 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider silverballsleuth.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/small-run-of-alien-star-playfields-?tu=silverballsleuth and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.