pasted_image (resized).png
20230711_133112 (resized).jpg
20230711_132402 (resized).jpg
20230419_205104 (resized).jpg
B4ACA340-4DDF-4E9F-892B-5E4E9E29AF7E (resized).jpeg
C02DF4C8-DD9A-4F04-B37D-5C610F4F8B51 (resized).jpeg
8DC66FAA-F87E-4E0D-B6A7-07163BEE03C2 (resized).jpeg
BB043C8D-E4AB-4A31-87EC-83528E97C801 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hisokajp.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#83 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

I went looking a while ago, nothing around in the way of a playfield protector?
Why are these not being made?
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
If I flattened out the paper I guess I could try take a square photo.... but my top lanes got butchered by some previous owner and my game has long guides for the present, so my template won't match the standard game either.
If anyone wants to do what I did, make one yorself, it is cut from 1mm polycarbonate, and works brilliantly. If you do, it is imperative that you can trim and make cuts in ways, and with tools, that do Not distort the material edges from being dead flat!.
I made shims from the same material, to jack the spinner mount the same height as original. I may make a video for YT soon.
I would like to get the playfield restored and clearcoated. Looking for accurate art for touch-ups. Also down for a New playfield!

if someone has scans of the PF, you can send them to playfield-protectors.com and they will make a PF protector pretty easily. Good solution until repro PF become available

3 months later
#87 3 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Any updates on this? I could use a playfield.

you and me both!

1 month later
#91 3 years ago

i am not sure if there was any progress? Anyone has a good PF that could be scanned or provided to a Mirco/CPR? mine is pretty bad unfortunately

#94 3 years ago
Quoted from BorgDog:

I had given him the scan I did of mine after I did some touch up and clear.
NOTES:
SOME OF THIS IS NOT AS ORIGINAL, MAINLY THE UPPER SHIP BY THE 'A' IN ALIEN INSERT THAT I DIDN'T WANT TO TRY TO RECREATE SO CHANGED THE POP RINGS TO DISGUISE IT. ALSO GOT RID OF THE WHITE RINGS AROUND THE POPS.
THERE ARE ALSO AREAS THAT I DID NOT TOUCH UP THAT STILL SHOW WEAR
SCANNED AT 300 DPI AND STITCHED TOGETHER IN PHOTOSHOP, NOT GUARANTEED TO BE 100% ACCURATE (BUT PRETTY DARN CLOSE).
Here is a link to the file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jptrqnu899q8siy/AS_stitch.zip?dl=0
Have at it. I'm far from an expert at PS, so will not be attempting to fix/finish this myself.

that looks real nice, who did you give the scan too previously?

#103 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Scan is above. It needs cleanup but should give you what you need overall.
I pinged a buddy that possibly has a pf he pulled from his game.

if no one has a PF pulled, I could stripped out mine and send it out for a "good cause". Graphic would need to come from somewhere else but I assume physical PF is needed for holes and dimpling

3 months later
#118 3 years ago
Quoted from Highclasspinball:

I got a reply today that the licence is cleared, so I will proceed with alien star from now on. As soon as I have a physical playfield here the art will be generated.
Regards,
Mirco

Still waiting for an update from Highclasspinball hopefully still in his pipeline?

#122 3 years ago

So far I have no master to use

i think that could be the main issue, didn't we have someone in this thread that had a PF available to send?

#124 3 years ago

Are you suggesting we motivate Dayhuff to send his PF "ceiling hanger" to Mirco so we can all get a nice replacement?

1 month later
#137 2 years ago

i wonder if he would take my worn one with someone good quality PF scan?

#140 2 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Any chance you have rails you could send me?

well, if I get to taking the whole PF apart if it helps making a PF repro, I am happy to send you the rails while they have my PF. I can look how easy it is to take the rails off by itself first actually, plenty of other machines to play with anyway

#144 2 years ago

Hi,
So far I have no master to use, but even if I have no time for repros right now. All machines are running at max capacity and we already experience delays on the other new repro titles. We received a new high speed cnc this week which will hopefully add enough capacity to have s few new repros running each week. My plan is to add more titles in the summer...
Regards,
Mirco

Highclasspinball any thought on this proposed solution?

Quoted from hisokajp:
i wonder if Mirco would take my worn PF with someone good quality PF scan?
Quoted from razorsedge:
I have reasonable hi res scan as composite stick together file. Reasonable but needs cleaning up, maybe sizing a bit in some aspects..

#147 2 years ago

Hi, yes that might be an option. We added more capacities and getting trough our backlog right now which means I will complete the already in production titles soon and have some room for new art files...
Regards,
Mirco

that's great news! Feel free to ping me about logistics when you are ready and i can get my PF naked to ship over.

1 month later
#150 2 years ago

not update on my side

6 months later
#156 2 years ago
Quoted from jr-007:

No news about a mirco reproduction also.

i checked again with Mirco in December about sending my beat up PF and using BorgDog scan to make a repro and he said to follow up with him in March due to his current workload. slim but hope is still alive-

8 months later
#194 1 year ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Well it's been 4 months.... might as well ask again
Any updates from Mirco or jr-007?

good point, it's time for me to nudge him again this, brb-

#195 1 year ago
Quoted from hisokajp:

good point, it's time for me to nudge him again this, brb-

he is running through his backorder and other projects so nothing until at least 2023-

#197 1 year ago

that is one very good PF for sure i think we already have a good scan out there, now is mostly finding someone that was to produce the PF

#200 1 year ago
Quoted from pins4life33:

At this point I would even live with a hardtop anyone approach Outside Edge yet?

have they done Gottlieb yet? I assumed the license may be difficult to get for those?

#211 1 year ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

I feel like somehow, someway, this playfield is going to reproduced at some point. The years of waiting is the hardest part.

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG

2 weeks later
#214 1 year ago
Quoted from FantasticPinball:

Sure. What do you want me to make?

i assume Alien Star PF since it is the thread

#219 1 year ago

Hey all.
Just finished making playfields for League Of Legends. I can take on a small batch of Alien Star if I can get a playfield for alignment. Perhaps someone has already created some of this files needed. I am busy cutting Big Game, but there is a backlog waiting for inserts. That might provide time to do a small run of these.
PM links to files and I will start work.
Fantastic!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

the PB with Alien Star i assume will be getting the license since Gottlieb is rather tough on license products...

#222 1 year ago

A little something for the CNC.
[quoted image]

just like that

#244 1 year ago
Quoted from BorgDog:

I have a BGResto in mine.

same here, mine was literally half gone so the BGResto looks much better

#254 1 year ago
Quoted from BorgDog:

It definitely looks good in my opinion. I don't think it transmits light as well as the original but I think I've heard that of most bgresto backglasses.

agreed, definitely a great option if your original is busted. They are never quite as good as the original. I ended up selling my CPR Barracora when i put it next to my 7/10 original... different for everyone i guess?

Spoke to copyright owner. Everything will come together.

That is a GOOD news!

1 week later
#263 1 year ago

I am planning to make plastics for these as well.
I will prep the files to make the plastics and discuss with Steve Young.

now that is 2 good news! definitely take both

#269 1 year ago
Quoted from meSz:

Am I the only one that's expecting Mirco to announce he has these on his production line now that Fantastic has agreed to produce them???

he has no donor right now, so i would assume not.

Quoted from La4s:

Is there a ballpark in pricing for the playfield and/or plastics?

there is a link for his Seawitch PF above so i assume similar-ish price?

1 month later
#286 1 year ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Changes from original should only be done by request imo. I'd never buy a playfield with wrong inserts

I agree with Mr Zach here-

#291 1 year ago

everyone likes different things

3 months later
#334 1 year ago
Quoted from SMP14:

Please put me down on the list for at least 1 playfield. This is what im working with now
[quoted image]

dusty

2 months later
#340 9 months ago
Quoted from pins4life33:

Looks like we could be waiting another year for an Alien Star playfield fantastic

why is that? Did we get some news?

1 week later
#347 9 months ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Now I just need to find time to swap it into the game. It's going to be a huge improvement!
[quoted image][quoted image]

very nice, first run from our friend up north?

6 months later
#382 3 months ago

i am still holding off for a new plastic set

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hisokajp.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/small-run-of-alien-star-playfields-?tu=hisokajp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.