pasted_image (resized).png
20230711_133112 (resized).jpg
20230711_132402 (resized).jpg
20230419_205104 (resized).jpg
B4ACA340-4DDF-4E9F-892B-5E4E9E29AF7E (resized).jpeg
C02DF4C8-DD9A-4F04-B37D-5C610F4F8B51 (resized).jpeg
8DC66FAA-F87E-4E0D-B6A7-07163BEE03C2 (resized).jpeg
BB043C8D-E4AB-4A31-87EC-83528E97C801 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider borgdog.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#93 3 years ago

I had given him the scan I did of mine after I did some touch up and clear.

NOTES:

SOME OF THIS IS NOT AS ORIGINAL, MAINLY THE UPPER SHIP BY THE 'A' IN ALIEN INSERT THAT I DIDN'T WANT TO TRY TO RECREATE SO CHANGED THE POP RINGS TO DISGUISE IT. ALSO GOT RID OF THE WHITE RINGS AROUND THE POPS.

THERE ARE ALSO AREAS THAT I DID NOT TOUCH UP THAT STILL SHOW WEAR

SCANNED AT 300 DPI AND STITCHED TOGETHER IN PHOTOSHOP, NOT GUARANTEED TO BE 100% ACCURATE (BUT PRETTY DARN CLOSE).

Here is a link to the file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jptrqnu899q8siy/AS_stitch.zip?dl=0

Have at it. I'm far from an expert at PS, so will not be attempting to fix/finish this myself.

#95 3 years ago
Quoted from hisokajp:

that looks real nice, who did you give the scan too previously?

silverballslouth known as misterrmoberg at the time. also gave it to someone else who was going to use as reference for his project. I mainly scanned it to use in building the visual pinball version (which I haven't gotten around to updating).

3 months later
#116 3 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

Just picked this one up last week. Stripping it down for a ceiling hanger.
John
[quoted image][quoted image]

that looks in pretty nice shape. it's about what I started with and built the rest (with help from a parted out Ice Fever)

9 months later
#154 2 years ago

wow, nice work. looks like it's based on my scan I posted up, just a reminder that the ring on the right pop shouldn't be running through the ship on the original, I just did that on mine so as not to have to try and paint in the missing part of the ship.

edit: here is my scan before I did any cleaning or touch up paint. https://www.dropbox.com/s/aey987fn6luw53j/AS-prescan.zip?dl=0

1 week later
#163 2 years ago
Quoted from jr-007:

I've work on the Alien. Here my current playfield reproduction picture.
[quoted image]

that looks awesome! nice work.

1 week later
#171 2 years ago

not a fan of that particular pic, washes things out too much

1 month later
#186 2 years ago

here is a cut of the scan on mine before I redid it. I rotated the yellow on the right pop to disguise that I wasn't going to repaint the ship (no talent for that). I also left off the white ring as I like it better without. All of this was noted when I first uploaded my final scan, that it was not exact to original.

PopS (resized).jpgPopS (resized).jpg

1 week later
#189 2 years ago
Quoted from jr-007:

more than 5300 objects for white stars[quoted image]

damn, that looks awesome!

7 months later
#226 1 year ago
Quoted from jr-007:

Be aware that in the interrest of all Alien Star owners, I've accept to send my drawing file to Fantastic Pinball to find an issue .
My drawing was not yet finished but we are reaching the goal.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Just remember that right pop bumper rings are not correct, that was based on my mod to correct for my missing art. Also the original had a white ring around the pops as well.

Link to post with link to my scan pre mylar removal and touchup. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/small-run-of-alien-star-playfields-/page/4#post-6762082

#233 1 year ago
Quoted from jr-007:

Drawing send, with white ring and right starships.
[quoted image]

You still need to rotate the yellow swooshes on the right pop bumper.

#238 1 year ago

from my pre-touchup scan image.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#243 1 year ago

I have a BGResto in mine.

#249 1 year ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

I have discussed scanning mine in and having Coos make one.

DO IT!!! I'm sure we would all like the option. my scanner doesn't do good depth of field either so I'm going to try a print shop sometime for other backglass to see if they can do a good job. my AS not being original I wouldn't want to reproduce.

#252 1 year ago
Quoted from Zukram:

How is the quality of the brgresto glass ?

It definitely looks good in my opinion. I don't think it transmits light as well as the original but I think I've heard that of most bgresto backglasses.

1 month later
#279 1 year ago
Quoted from FantasticPinball:

Inserts have arrived. CNC file ready to cut. Some final checks being done with the art. Almost ready to go!
[quoted image]

Are you keeping it the same weird mix of opaque and star inserts?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider borgdog.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/small-run-of-alien-star-playfields-?tu=borgdog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.