Playfield Alien Star with background (resized).png
2022-11-21_11-07-43 (resized).png
IMG_0149 (resized).JPG
IMG_0127 (resized).JPG

There are 264 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.
#251 10 days ago

The CNC file is ready but will be tweaked for alignment when the playfield arrives. The Inkscape files from Jr-007 also arrived and, after some trickery, were successfully ported to Illustrator and laid out over the CNC file. There is a significant amount of gradient mesh work to be done to make this look like the original.
Spoke to copyright owner. Everything will come together.

Backglass too? I could give it a try. I have only done a few titles. They have their own problems, but the graphics team needs work while I am cutting wood.

Fantastic

#252 10 days ago
Quoted from Zukram:

How is the quality of the brgresto glass ?

It definitely looks good in my opinion. I don't think it transmits light as well as the original but I think I've heard that of most bgresto backglasses.

#253 10 days ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

I have discussed scanning mine in and having Coos make one.

The great news just keeps on coming. Oh how I hope this is true.

#254 10 days ago
Quoted from BorgDog:

It definitely looks good in my opinion. I don't think it transmits light as well as the original but I think I've heard that of most bgresto backglasses.

agreed, definitely a great option if your original is busted. They are never quite as good as the original. I ended up selling my CPR Barracora when i put it next to my 7/10 original... different for everyone i guess?

Quoted from FantasticPinball:

Spoke to copyright owner. Everything will come together.

That is a GOOD news!

#255 10 days ago
Quoted from BorgDog:

They are better than nothing.

#256 10 days ago
Quoted from BorgDog:

I'm not sure of BGresto's process, but I feel the film with the image is too thick & dark to allow enough light through it. I had to add a ton of additional LED strips to my QS repro just to make it look better. I won't even mention the lack of communication throughout the process.

Coos process is superior IMO. Lets light pass through, the colors are vibrant & the mirroring is fricking gorgeous. And a quick turnaround. If he decides to commit to making AS, then that's the way to go.

#257 10 days ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

The great news just keeps on coming. Oh how I hope this is true.

Oh I have definitely been chatting with Coos, I have purchased 5 of his films now and they are superb.

As soon as I can get caught up on my house projects I'll work on scanning it in but be aware it needs some help as well due to delamination.

#258 8 days ago

I am in for one. Will find a machine later.

I swear the makers of predator must have seen this artwork before making their movie.

1 week later
#259 1 day ago

The sample playfield arrived, so I placed an alignment film on it. The alignment shows that the scan was stretched lengthwise, thus the alignment gets further out of tolerance from top to bottom. It is possible that the printer that printed the alignment was inaccurate. I will measure and adjust. It takes several measurements and adjustments before the printed alignment matches the playfield within tolerances and it has to be bang on prior to being ready to cut first wood.

0D8E43AC-FBFE-4DAC-B402-2927887450DD (resized).jpeg1DF807C5-ECC5-4452-B4CE-7BC9E24E380F (resized).jpeg44802D1D-E9FB-46E5-9042-61DBF2D2DE3C (resized).jpeg

#260 1 day ago

Count me in for a playfield and hopefully a back glass!

#261 1 day ago

Very interesting seeing your development process! That reference playfield looks pretty nice. Big thanks to MikeS helping you out with this.

Are you able to reproduce plastics as well? Just curious

#262 1 day ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Very interesting seeing your development process! That reference playfield looks pretty nice. Big thanks to MikeS helping you out with this.
Are you able to reproduce plastics as well? Just curious

I am planning to make plastics for these as well.
I will prep the files to make the plastics and discuss with Steve Young.

#263 1 day ago
Quoted from FantasticPinball:

I am planning to make plastics for these as well.
I will prep the files to make the plastics and discuss with Steve Young.

now that is 2 good news! definitely take both

#264 21 hours ago

Yeah man. Pretty sure every owner in this thread will take a PF & a plastics set. You picked the right title to produce.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bay Area, CA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 25.00
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Men
$ 64.95
Cleaner
Pinball Pro
Cleaner
$ 20.00
Apparel - Unisex
Cobra Amusements
Unisex
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 264 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!