pasted_image (resized).png
20230711_133112 (resized).jpg
20230711_132402 (resized).jpg
20230419_205104 (resized).jpg
B4ACA340-4DDF-4E9F-892B-5E4E9E29AF7E (resized).jpeg
C02DF4C8-DD9A-4F04-B37D-5C610F4F8B51 (resized).jpeg
8DC66FAA-F87E-4E0D-B6A7-07163BEE03C2 (resized).jpeg
BB043C8D-E4AB-4A31-87EC-83528E97C801 (resized).jpeg
There are 382 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 8.
#201 1 year ago
Quoted from hisokajp:

have they done Gottlieb yet? I assumed the license may be difficult to get for those?

Doubt it as they make replacement playfields. Just call up PBR and get pointed in the right direction.

#202 1 year ago
Quoted from La4s:

I may be able to help with getting a good scan of this playfield. I know nothing about scanning playfield, but I can learn.
I came across what is essentially a NOS playfield that was put into a game and had less than 200 plays (according to the operator) before it broke down and was taken off of location and placed in a warehouse. It has some minor scratches/gouges above the left sling, and typical beginnings of planking, but otherwise the rest of the playfield appears to be in phenominal shape.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That's about as good an AS PF candidate you're going to find for scanning. Mirco's excuse has always been he would reproduce the playfield, but he has never acquired a good candidate PF for scanning. That PF you have is very hard to find in that condition. That would be the best donor playfield that's come along in years.

There have been scans of playfields floating around, including the nice reconstruction that jr-007 created recently. It seems like Mirco has little use for them. For his process, I'm pretty sure he needs a PF to scan himself. I'm not sure if anyone would be willing to send him their AS NOS playfield.

#203 1 year ago
Quoted from hisokajp:

have they done Gottlieb yet? I assumed the license may be difficult to get for those?

I feel like I asked CPR about AS before & they expressed very little interest in perusing it. But they have made Gottlieb PFs before. I know they've produced a Joker Poker playfield since then, so maybe they'd reconsider?

I'd guess 75% of AS owners could use a new playfield. They'd sell a ton of them. I think everyone in this thread is completely fed up waiting for Mirco at this point.

#204 1 year ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

I feel like I asked CPR about AS before & they expressed very little interest in perusing it.

Which is odd because they have reproduced a few playfields that people rarely need replacement for like Data East Star Wars.

All the Alien Star playfields are trash, Star Wars? Mine has a gazillion plays and looks great.

#205 1 year ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

That's about as good an AS PF candidate you're going to find for scanning. Mirco's excuse has always been he would reproduce the playfield, but he has never acquired a good candidate PF for scanning. That PF you have is very hard to find in that condition. That would be the best donor playfield that's come along in years.
There have been scans of playfields floating around, including the nice reconstruction that jr-007 created recently. It seems like Mirco has little use for them. For his process, I'm pretty sure he needs a PF to scan himself. I'm not sure if anyone would be willing to send him their AS NOS playfield.

After everything I have read over the years, I would not send this playfield to Mirco.

#206 1 year ago
Quoted from La4s:

After everything I have read over the years, I would not send this playfield to Mirco.

I own an Alien Star, I do want to buy a repro playfield, and I also agree with your statement 100%!

#207 1 year ago

Hi,

After a long time I've restart to work on my drawing today.

playfield 011122 (resized).pngplayfield 011122 (resized).png
#208 1 year ago
Quoted from hisokajp:

Could reach to PBR to see if they could scan and make some of these ? Not sure if they make playfields or would work with someone, as I think PBR would own the license here..

#209 1 year ago
Quoted from La4s:

I agree totally. Mirco would keep your original & send you a reproduction in its place.

I think the issue, for all these manufactures, is the lack of a high quality playfield for scanning. Perhaps you could reach out to CPR & see if they'd be interested in your nice playfield. I wouldn't have any hesitation loaning a PF to CPR.

#210 1 year ago

I feel like somehow, someway, this playfield is going to reproduced at some point. The years of waiting is the hardest part.

#211 1 year ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

I feel like somehow, someway, this playfield is going to reproduced at some point. The years of waiting is the hardest part.

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG

#212 1 year ago

Has anyone contacted @fantasticpinball?

2 weeks later
#213 1 year ago
Quoted from play_pinball:

Has anyone contacted FantasticPinball?

Sure. What do you want me to make?

#214 1 year ago
Quoted from FantasticPinball:

Sure. What do you want me to make?

i assume Alien Star PF since it is the thread

#215 1 year ago

I don’t personally need one (at least not now) but I’m super happy with the quality of the Star Gazer pf I got. I’d be happy to see Alien Stars getting quality new playfields.

#216 1 year ago

Forgive me but is Fantasic Pinball the group that took over John Greatwich’s PF production services? Sounds familiar but I can’t really recall.

If you decide to produce Alien Star PFs, you will sell quite a few of them. Practically every owner needs one.

#217 1 year ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Forgive me but is Fantasic Pinball the group that took over John Greatwich’s PF production services? Sounds familiar but I can’t really recall.
If you decide to produce Alien Star PFs, you will sell quite a few of them. Practically every owner needs one.

This.

#218 1 year ago

Hey all.
Just finished making playfields for League Of Legends. I can take on a small batch of Alien Star if I can get a playfield for alignment. Perhaps someone has already created some of this files needed. I am busy cutting Big Game, but there is a backlog waiting for inserts. That might provide time to do a small run of these.

PM links to files and I will start work.

Fantastic!

288DFEE0-CBE2-4894-BBA0-4F99536C4526 (resized).jpeg288DFEE0-CBE2-4894-BBA0-4F99536C4526 (resized).jpeg2CFC912C-911C-4F6D-92B4-5B8D916119DF (resized).jpeg2CFC912C-911C-4F6D-92B4-5B8D916119DF (resized).jpeg965DBA4B-AB95-4DA6-A1DA-9A1F9F3171A5 (resized).jpeg965DBA4B-AB95-4DA6-A1DA-9A1F9F3171A5 (resized).jpegA45D0058-E7E0-4B6C-8C96-F1AB40FA9575 (resized).jpegA45D0058-E7E0-4B6C-8C96-F1AB40FA9575 (resized).jpegCB552383-4715-4F62-BE9A-40E3092F2B46 (resized).jpegCB552383-4715-4F62-BE9A-40E3092F2B46 (resized).jpegEAF0676A-5711-416E-8726-5FE9F72F9E2B (resized).jpegEAF0676A-5711-416E-8726-5FE9F72F9E2B (resized).jpeg
#219 1 year ago

Hey all.
Just finished making playfields for League Of Legends. I can take on a small batch of Alien Star if I can get a playfield for alignment. Perhaps someone has already created some of this files needed. I am busy cutting Big Game, but there is a backlog waiting for inserts. That might provide time to do a small run of these.
PM links to files and I will start work.
Fantastic!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

the PB with Alien Star i assume will be getting the license since Gottlieb is rather tough on license products...

#220 1 year ago
cash (resized).jpegcash (resized).jpeg
#221 1 year ago

A little something for the CNC.

Glb-AS-PF (resized).JPGGlb-AS-PF (resized).JPG
#222 1 year ago

A little something for the CNC.
[quoted image]

just like that

#224 1 year ago

Ooooo now this is getting interesting!

#225 1 year ago

Be aware that in the interrest of all Alien Star owners, I've accept to send my drawing file to Fantastic Pinball to find an issue .
My drawing was not yet finished but we are reaching the goal.

Playfield Alien Star white background (resized).pngPlayfield Alien Star white background (resized).pngPlayfield Alien Star with background (resized).pngPlayfield Alien Star with background (resized).png
#226 1 year ago
Quoted from jr-007:

Be aware that in the interrest of all Alien Star owners, I've accept to send my drawing file to Fantastic Pinball to find an issue .
My drawing was not yet finished but we are reaching the goal.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Just remember that right pop bumper rings are not correct, that was based on my mod to correct for my missing art. Also the original had a white ring around the pops as well.

Link to post with link to my scan pre mylar removal and touchup. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/small-run-of-alien-star-playfields-/page/4#post-6762082

#227 1 year ago

I'vent forget it.
But as I've explained, my drawing is not finished.
Also visibled on my original playfield pictures.

IMG_0127 (resized).JPGIMG_0127 (resized).JPGIMG_0149 (resized).JPGIMG_0149 (resized).JPG
#228 1 year ago

I've added.

Playfield Alien Star with background (resized).pngPlayfield Alien Star with background (resized).png
#229 1 year ago

I look forward to working on this.

#230 1 year ago

Wow this looks like progress can’t wait!

#231 1 year ago

Drawing send, with white ring and right starships.

Playfield Alien Star with background (resized).pngPlayfield Alien Star with background (resized).png
#232 1 year ago

I have received the files that were in progress. I have also made arrangements for a playfield to be sent.
What will happen next is the CNC cut file will be developed as a 3D model and a print of that will be laid on top of the original to ensure alignment. Then the art is laid on top of the aligned layout. The art is done in layers and the white layer is printed separately.
A sample board will be cut and developed as a whitewood and then printed and cleared. This prototype will be used for quality control and approval. I will try to keep everyone updated as it is progressed.
To manage expectations, this takes a very long time. The small steps in between can't be rushed or a mistake could result in significant losses and inferior product. I do everything I can to make the product that you want. Something that is...

Fantastic!

#233 1 year ago
Quoted from jr-007:

Drawing send, with white ring and right starships.
[quoted image]

You still need to rotate the yellow swooshes on the right pop bumper.

#234 1 year ago

I have received the files that were in progress. I have also made arrangements for a playfield to be sent.
What will happen next is the CNC cut file will be developed as a 3D model and a print of that will be laid on top of the original to ensure alignment. Then the art is laid on top of the aligned layout. The art is done in layers and the white layer is printed separately.
A sample board will be cut and developed as a whitewood and then printed and cleared. This prototype will be used for quality control and approval. I will try to keep everyone updated as it is progressed.
To manage expectations, this takes a very long time. The small steps in between can't be rushed or a mistake could result in significant losses and inferior product. I do everything I can to make the product that you want. Something that is...
Fantastic!

Ha! I was going to suggest pulling mine and sending as the game is just stored till playfields were available.

#235 1 year ago
Quoted from BorgDog:

You still need to rotate the yellow swooshes on the right pop bumper.

like this ?

#236 1 year ago

I can get closer up pictures this weekend if needed.

2022-11-21_11-07-43 (resized).png2022-11-21_11-07-43 (resized).png
#237 1 year ago

Maybe like this

#238 1 year ago

from my pre-touchup scan image.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#239 1 year ago

I just mailed my donor playfield and a plastic set to FantasticPinball so that he can work his magic. I'm glad everything seems to be coming together on this project! I know it will be a long wait but it will be worth it!

#240 1 year ago

To manage expectations, this takes a very long time.

This thread is nearly 5 years old, yet still kept alive by the owners who are so desperate for a repro PF. Hell I know 3 people locally who really need one.

I'm sure everyone here is very grateful you've picked up the torch on this project & are willing to wait until it's completed. This is really exciting. I'd almost given up hope

Looking forward to the updates!

#241 1 year ago

Now if only someone would reproduce the backglass as well....

I've asked Coos in the past, but it's basically the same issue with the playfield. No suitable donor artwork to base the reproduction artwork off of. I purchased a Countdown reproduction with mirroring from him recently, and I swear he makes the best backglasses. The mirroring was just incredible.

#242 1 year ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Now if only someone would reproduce the backglass as well....
I've asked Coos in the past, but it's basically the same issue with the playfield. No suitable donor artwork to base the reproduction artwork off of. I purchased a Countdown reproduction with mirroring from him recently, and I swear he makes the best backglasses. The mirroring was just incredible.

Mines got zero flaking iirc... But since it's glass my scans are slightly blurry, never found a good way around that

#243 1 year ago

I have a BGResto in mine.

#244 1 year ago
Quoted from BorgDog:

same here, mine was literally half gone so the BGResto looks much better

#245 1 year ago

I’ve also asked bgresto in the past. They are making reproduction of AlienStar backglass, but you’ve to destroy your.

#246 1 year ago

My current backglass

3546327E-57FE-42EF-93C7-132712A26D32 (resized).jpeg3546327E-57FE-42EF-93C7-132712A26D32 (resized).jpeg50FB5857-D3C5-4424-ACB1-06CA244399EF (resized).jpeg50FB5857-D3C5-4424-ACB1-06CA244399EF (resized).jpegAF7C070D-6E12-496F-8A32-DF7FAAEEA39F (resized).jpegAF7C070D-6E12-496F-8A32-DF7FAAEEA39F (resized).jpegED3C76D1-0DE5-41F8-919B-480648A5836B (resized).jpegED3C76D1-0DE5-41F8-919B-480648A5836B (resized).jpeg
#247 1 year ago
Quoted from BorgDog:

Last resort for me

#248 1 year ago

I have discussed scanning mine in and having Coos make one.

#249 1 year ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

I have discussed scanning mine in and having Coos make one.

DO IT!!! I'm sure we would all like the option. my scanner doesn't do good depth of field either so I'm going to try a print shop sometime for other backglass to see if they can do a good job. my AS not being original I wouldn't want to reproduce.

#250 1 year ago
Quoted from BorgDog:

How is the quality of the brgresto glass ?

There are 382 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/small-run-of-alien-star-playfields-/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.