pasted_image (resized).png
20230711_133112 (resized).jpg
20230711_132402 (resized).jpg
20230419_205104 (resized).jpg
B4ACA340-4DDF-4E9F-892B-5E4E9E29AF7E (resized).jpeg
C02DF4C8-DD9A-4F04-B37D-5C610F4F8B51 (resized).jpeg
8DC66FAA-F87E-4E0D-B6A7-07163BEE03C2 (resized).jpeg
BB043C8D-E4AB-4A31-87EC-83528E97C801 (resized).jpeg
There are 382 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 8.
#101 3 years ago
Quoted from Highclasspinball:

Hi,
If here still is demand I can work on this title in spring after finishing a few others which are still in production. But in any case I need one physical board here, no matter what condition and pictures or scan of the areas which are damaged on this playfield. If we get close to that I will reach out for the licence...
Regards,
Mirco

I just went from six to midnight

#102 3 years ago
Quoted from DK:

Oh snap it’s happening

Cautiously Optimistic.

It could be happening which beats the alternative!

I'm in for one if it happens.

#103 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Scan is above. It needs cleanup but should give you what you need overall.
I pinged a buddy that possibly has a pf he pulled from his game.

if no one has a PF pulled, I could stripped out mine and send it out for a "good cause". Graphic would need to come from somewhere else but I assume physical PF is needed for holes and dimpling

#104 3 years ago
Quoted from hisokajp:

if no one has a PF pulled, I could stripped out mine and send it out for a "good cause". Graphic would need to come from somewhere else but I assume physical PF is needed for holes and dimpling

I believe Mike S has contact Micro. He has a good enough spare that can work.

#105 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I believe Mike S has contact Micro. He has a good enough spare that can work.

I do indeed have a spare and sent Marco a message this morning.

#106 3 years ago

I have reached out to the Gottlieb licence holder. As soon as I have a go we can start working on it. I'm currently pretty busy with main production and have some other repro titles already almost finished but the machine time is really limited right now. We are currently working on upgrading the capacity so that we can be running more repros during regular production....

Thanks a lot for your help!

Regards,
Mirco

#107 3 years ago

Send your playfield to him and you probably won't get it back anytime soon if at all. Do a quick search on pinside...

#108 3 years ago

Add me to the list. My game needs one.

#109 3 years ago

This is great news! Fingers crossed. I really feel you'll sell a lot of these.

Every AS I've seen needs a new playfield, including mine

#110 3 years ago

I got a reply today that the licence is cleared, so I will proceed with alien star from now on. As soon as I have a physical playfield here the art will be generated.

Regards,
Mirco

#111 3 years ago

I got a reply today that the licence is cleared, so I will proceed with alien star from now on. As soon as I have a physical playfield here the art will be generated.
Best day ever !!!!!
Regards,
Mirco

1 month later
#112 3 years ago

Is there an estimate when these AS playfields might be produced? First half of 2021? Last half 2021?

I cannot state how happy I am this title is moving forward Hopefully plastics set as well

#113 3 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Is there an estimate when these AS playfields might be produced? First half of 2021? Last half 2021?
I cannot state how happy I am this title is moving forward Hopefully plastics set as well

Late 2042 perhaps?

2 months later
#114 3 years ago

Just checking in for any Mirco Alien Star updates

#115 3 years ago

Just picked this one up last week. Stripping it down for a ceiling hanger.

John

IMG_0095 (resized).JPGIMG_0095 (resized).JPGIMG_0096 (resized).JPGIMG_0096 (resized).JPG
#116 3 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

John
[quoted image][quoted image]

that looks in pretty nice shape. it's about what I started with and built the rest (with help from a parted out Ice Fever)

#117 3 years ago

Yep I am waiting as well, might have to just get playfield restored as this project doesn’t look like it is going to get off the ground.

#118 3 years ago

Regards,
Mirco

Still waiting for an update from Highclasspinball hopefully still in his pipeline?

#119 3 years ago

Hi,

So far I have no master to use, but even if I have no time for repros right now. All machines are running at max capacity and we already experience delays on the other new repro titles. We received a new high speed cnc this week which will hopefully add enough capacity to have s few new repros running each week. My plan is to add more titles in the summer...

Regards,
Mirco

#120 3 years ago

Hi,
So far I have no master to use, but even if I have no time for repros right now. All machines are running at max capacity and we already experience delays on the other new repro titles. We received a new high speed cnc this week which will hopefully add enough capacity to have s few new repros running each week. My plan is to add more titles in the summer...
Regards,
Mirco

Summer is perfectly fine, I have enough to keep busy.

#121 3 years ago

Hi,
Regards,
Mirco

As long as AS eventually gets made, I'll be happy. Thanks for the update

#122 3 years ago

So far I have no master to use

i think that could be the main issue, didn't we have someone in this thread that had a PF available to send?

#123 3 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

John

Quoted from hisokajp:

i think that could be the main issue, didn't we have someone in this thread that had a PF available to send?

#124 3 years ago

Are you suggesting we motivate Dayhuff to send his PF "ceiling hanger" to Mirco so we can all get a nice replacement?

#125 3 years ago
Quoted from hisokajp:

Are you suggesting we motivate Dayhuff to send his PF "ceiling hanger" to Mirco so we can all get a nice replacement?

#126 3 years ago

Put me down for new PF! I got alien star and PF is rough as hell, all original!
Cheers

#127 3 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

John

That's better than mine. Everything above the pop bumpers on mine has been hand painted

#128 3 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

That's better than mine. Everything above the pop bumpers on mine has been hand painted

Amazing the number of good games lost to "art". I seen a beautiful condition Sharpshooter go the same way, nobody cared enough to make it work again. Busted up in the name of art. I only got the empty cab, first a guy wanted the backglass for a "wall hanging", then some other jock wanted to strip and hang the playfield, apparently. Backbox, transformer and electronics got sent to the tip so the guy rekoned.

#129 3 years ago

Hey all...any definitive information on the PF production?

#130 3 years ago

Any way..real reason I came onto this thread is I'm in search of the software to make new ROMS for Alien Star. Since you all are owners does anybody have or know where I can obtain it.
I have the ability to burn the chips, just need the info.
Thank you in advance.
FF

#131 2 years ago

I'm in! This would be my 1st playfield swap! Alien Star deserves it. Put me down!!!

#132 2 years ago
Quoted from FlipperFanatic:

Any way..real reason I came onto this thread is I'm in search of the software to make new ROMS for Alien Star. Since you all are owners does anybody have or know where I can obtain it.
I have the ability to burn the chips, just need the info.
Thank you in advance.
FF

Those are all under license. According to their website, they are the only place allowed to sell them. I doubt you'll find the files to burn your own.

https://flippers.com/catalog_oc/pinball-game-parts-c-5/game-eproms-and-pals-c-5_55/gottlieb-game-or-sound-prom-eprom-gals-p-2802.html

#133 2 years ago

For Gottlieb ROMs I have asked Steve Young at the Pinball Resource when I needed one and he has had them.

3 weeks later
#134 2 years ago

Any updates?

Cheers

1 week later
#135 2 years ago

No update.
What about a playfield overlay before new playfield printed with uv printer?
I'm sad not to play with my Alien Star as my playfield like other is in bad condition.
I've tried (and start) to issue a new design in accordance with the original, but I'm not good in design.

#136 2 years ago

Overlays are awful IMO. They would never be an option for me. I'd rather play on my worn playfield.

Unless someone sends Mirco a nice AS playfield, I wonder if this will ever get released.

#137 2 years ago

i wonder if he would take my worn one with someone good quality PF scan?

#138 2 years ago
Quoted from hisokajp:

I have reasonable hi res scan as composite stick together file. Reasonable but needs cleaning up, maybe sizing a bit in some aspects..

#139 2 years ago
Quoted from hisokajp:

Any chance you have rails you could send me?

#140 2 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Any chance you have rails you could send me?

well, if I get to taking the whole PF apart if it helps making a PF repro, I am happy to send you the rails while they have my PF. I can look how easy it is to take the rails off by itself first actually, plenty of other machines to play with anyway

#141 2 years ago
Quoted from hisokajp:

well, if I get to taking the whole PF apart if it helps making a PF repro, I am happy to send you the rails while they have my PF. I can look how easy it is to take the rails off by itself first actually, plenty of other machines to play with anyway

Appreciate you looking into. I’m in no rush, just saw your post so figured it would be a good time to grab a set for when these become available.

#142 2 years ago

Does somebody have or know the font use or a similar font use in the playfield?
-> I've fond the On stage font

#143 2 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Overlays are awful IMO. They would never be an option for me. I'd rather play on my worn playfield.
Unless someone sends Mirco a nice AS playfield, I wonder if this will ever get released.

Put me down for two.

I only need one but if an order of two helps than so be it.

#144 2 years ago

Hi,
Regards,
Mirco

Highclasspinball any thought on this proposed solution?

Quoted from hisokajp:
i wonder if Mirco would take my worn PF with someone good quality PF scan?
Quoted from razorsedge:
I have reasonable hi res scan as composite stick together file. Reasonable but needs cleaning up, maybe sizing a bit in some aspects..

#145 2 years ago

Hi, yes that might be an option. We added more capacities and getting trough our backlog right now which means I will complete the already in production titles soon and have some room for new art files...

Regards,
Mirco

#146 2 years ago

Hi, yes that might be an option. We added more capacities and getting trough our backlog right now which means I will complete the already in production titles soon and have some room for new art files...
Regards,
Mirco

Like I said, I'll take two if it helps hit a required amount of playfields.

#147 2 years ago

Regards,
Mirco

that's great news! Feel free to ping me about logistics when you are ready and i can get my PF naked to ship over.

#148 2 years ago

I am in for one!

1 month later
#149 2 years ago

It's been over 90 days since Mirco requested a master playfield for the AS artwork.

Did he contact anyone yet to arrange shipping for a donor playfield yet?

#150 2 years ago

not update on my side

There are 382 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/small-run-of-alien-star-playfields-/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.