13 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 years ago by Letter_K
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 13 years ago

After playing Rolling stones today we continued on a trip to Creemore Ontario. This is a very small town where the have a brewery that makes deliciously great beer.
    But also has a small arcade called "just push play" Lots of decent games all the classics.
    Space invaders, galaga, pacman etc. probably close to 30 games. Neat diner style room theme. Coke collectables.
    Pins: Baby pacman, Bally Atlantis, TSPP, and a fully restored KISS.
    Not too many pins but overall a great place to visit if you are in the area.
    Plus brewery tours and antiques gift and craft shops for the ladies.

All games on freeplay, $3 =15 min, $6=1/2hr, $10=1hr, $20 all day pass 11-9

#2 13 years ago

this is exactly what I'm trying to get started in my hometown!
    sounds great.

How exactly do they deal giving people 15min/ 30min/ 1hour of playtime? wrist bands?
    How did they set that up?

Also what kinds of food did they have? did they have a kitchen?

thanks for your post.

#3 13 years ago

Sounds neat finding game in a small town
    haven't had the opportunity to play a 'KISS' pin yet
    see 'em on ebay going for serious coin all the time

#4 13 years ago

Hand stamps for the time limits. He color codes them and logs them into his computer behind the counter. Then I guess he just walks around when it tells him time is up. It wasn't busy when we were there (actually the only people was us) but he has been in business for the last 3 years. He hold tournaments weekly and monthly, and tues are $7 all you can play all day.

No kitchen, but there was a pizza place right next store.

#5 13 years ago

That sound cool. not to many places have pinball any more.

#6 13 years ago

thanks erak, sounds like my type of place.
    cheers

#7 13 years ago

I remember stuff like that when I was a kid and visiting family in Oregon. You paid to get into a giant arcade and everything was free play. That's cool that stuff like that can still survive.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/small-arcade-in-a-smaller-town and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.