(Topic ID: 252232)

"Smacking" the plunger

By joelbob

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpg
    MH-A0920-456x456 (resized).jpg
    8F3B981A-A353-4EAF-A0D2-873CB2D59564 (resized).jpeg
    arcade6sdfsdfsdfsdf (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider diospinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#63 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It’s dumb and I’ve never seen the point.
    You can injure your hand doing it.

I tried doing it once when I saw a video of a person do it. Yeah... It hurt... Didn't like it... Haven't done it again. And I do think its bit rough on the machines, so I wouldn't do it again even if it didn't hurt, out of respect for the operators.

But, at Galloping Ghost. One time Black Knight during extra time I had 2 balls stuck in the shooter lane after the game. I couldn't plunge them regularly. I told the employee and he did the smack plunge to clear it, and it worked. But, again he's an employee. I wouldn't want to get yelled at for doing something like that. I have too much fun at GG.

#73 4 years ago
    Quoted from JustinJohnson:

If you are doing hard enough to break your wrist or injure you hand then you aren't doing it right. It doesn't take that much force if done correctly. Perhaps have someone show you how to do it instead of injuring yourself.

Yeah. I think you are correct. But, nothing wrong with the old school method of using the plunger.
    Also, from all the pushups and weightlifting and dips. My wrists have been basically shot and useless. I had to scale back my bench press and limit my reps because doing a full extension was really hurting them. And I'm not going to lift without a full extension.
    After easing back on the dips and pushups. Most of the pain has gone away. But, it can flair up from time to time.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider diospinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/smacking-the-plunger?tu=diospinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.