Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 34 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by o-din
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSCN6436 (resized).JPG
    creepy-coin-bank.gif

#1 4 years ago

Some like to use the palm of their hand to give it a good smack, where at the same time it might help jar a stuck coin loose.

Where I have seen others daintily and gently push with a finger or thumb with the hope of retrieving their lost quarter.

So which is the overall accepted method now and is the palm slap considered abusing the machine?

#2 4 years ago

As someone that worked in the field of the arcardian arts I can tell you a nice bottom fist works the b....

Heyyyy wait a second; trick question! Why could any coins be involved in pinball anymore? Every old game is HUO and all modern games go right to the basement.

#3 4 years ago

When I'm really feeling bold, I give it the knuckle treatment.

#4 4 years ago

You have to message the button for a while before you jam it in.

#5 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

When I'm really feeling bold, I give it the knuckle treatment.

wait- is that the five knuckle shuffle?

#6 4 years ago

Let's be honest now, how many of you have ever given it a good swift kick?

#7 4 years ago

Bored?

#9 4 years ago
    #10 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Let's be honest now, how many of you have ever given it a good swift kick?

Why do you think all of those Bally and Williams stainless steel coin doors are caved in and busted up? Full-force kicks.

#11 4 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Why do you think all of those Bally and Williams stainless steel coin doors are caved in and busted up? Full-force kicks.

I always assumed that was because some pinsider's ball drained before he could collect the super jackpot.

#12 4 years ago

Damn beat me to it. I was going to poise the eternal pinball question burning brightly:
    PLAYING a Pinball Machine, is it abuse?

#13 4 years ago

I'd smack it harder if these were in the coin door.

creepy-coin-bank.gifcreepy-coin-bank.gif
    #14 4 years ago

I always give the slot a good smack, prob why I’m never invited anymore....

#15 4 years ago

It’s just a game and I’ll treat it with respect.

Until you mess with my money........ I will hit your coin door and flip the power switch if there is a jam.

#16 4 years ago

Smacking o-din, is it abuse?

#17 4 years ago
    Quoted from orangegsx:

It’s just a game and I’ll treat it with respect.
    Until you mess with my money........ I will hit your coin door and flip the power switch if there is a jam.

I'll see you and raise you, I'll level the damn game!

#18 4 years ago
    Quoted from bangerjay:

Smacking o-din, is it abuse?

Only if you're wearing your Sunday best.

#19 4 years ago

Game steel my quarter and I'm I'm going all Kilee Cunningham on that mother.

#20 4 years ago
    Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Like so many others, I agree that it’s not abuse in a tournament where the rules allow it, but I wouldn’t let it happen on my machines.

#21 4 years ago

The plumber was over the other day. Dropped a coin in. Got smacked.
    I got my quarter back though.

#22 4 years ago

No poll?

#23 4 years ago

There might be a poll in the morning.

#24 4 years ago

Check out what a nice palm smack can yield on a game that's not even plugged in.

DSCN6436 (resized).JPGDSCN6436 (resized).JPG
    #25 4 years ago

I'm a palm smacking type.

#26 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:Check out what a nice palm smack can yield on a game that's not even plugged in.[quoted image]

You can be ritch by 2089!

Im off to palm slap some pins!

Glad there was no poll yet!
    You totaly change d my view

And if i palm smack whilst i slide save, nobody will notice!

#27 4 years ago
    Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Damn beat me to it. I was going to poise the eternal pinball question burning brightly:

Reminds me of a post where someone said that cabinet splitting happens if you move the machine (referring to Stern) and that you shouldn't be moving them around.

Quoted from Wakky:

The only way it would split is if you nudge or push the thing around . Or you slide the whole machine around on the floor. The thing wont split by itself just sitting there!

Quoted from FatPanda:

So basically don't touch the machine and it won't break. Noted.

#28 4 years ago

Smacking the old “coin return”... abuse?... depends on what she’s into.

#29 4 years ago
    Quoted from jorro:

You can be ritch by 2089!

FYI that wasn't staged. After the ball game and a few, I opened the garage and smacked the coin return on the Flight 2000 I've had apart for several months and cha-ching!

#30 4 years ago

I ONLY kick pins. Flippers,kick. Got a high score,...kick. Got a really low score,... Double kick. I have an awesome slide save roundabout kick. At my buddies house once,flying drop kick to the back box. "Sorry about the back glass bro. I thought it was a translight."

I don't do it in Australia though because I don't play down there. Everybody knows down under they're for looking at,...not playing.

#31 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

As someone that worked in the field of the arcardian arts I can tell you a nice bottom fist works the b....
    Heyyyy wait a second; trick question! Why could any coins be involved in pinball anymore? Every old game is HUO and all modern games go right to the basement.

My buddy on here laughs at me all the time because I play my HUO games on money mode. I like to play 5 games worth and see how long it takes and also see how many free games I get. Also, the noises the machines make when inserting coins is missed on free play haha, along with callouts when pressing "start" when no money is inserted. Also, its a great way to collect my quarters!

I have used the palm of my fist on several occasions to try and clear up a jam.. but im not smashing the thing.

#32 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rager170:

My buddy on here laughs at me all the time because I play my HUO games on money mode.

I've got a couple buddies that insist I put all my games on money mode.

I'm doing my best to accommodate them, but on some of the older machines that can take a little time. I have no idea who the rat bastards are that ripped out parts of the coin door guts or why they would do such a thing, but I have been working on piecing them all back together.

#33 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I've got a couple buddies that insist I put all my games on money mode.
    I'm doing my best to accommodate them, but on some of the older machines that can take a little time. I have no idea who the rat bastards are that ripped out parts of the coin door guts or why they would do such a thing, but I have been working on piecing them all back together.

I deeply enjoy playing games on credits/coins.
    I just have lots of tokens, looking into getting custom ones made for my own arcade. It’s much more satisfying to play with tokens in my opinion. Freeplay is cool, what’s not cool is hacking a machine to form a credit button. (Referencing another certain thread)

#34 4 years ago

I have several set up for just coin play already and it is most satisfying to play the authentic arcade way, but with how many machines I do have, I still have most on free play. Too many to keep opening and closing just to get a quarter to play especially with some of the antique locks and their keys.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/smacking-the-coin-return-is-it-abuse?hl=wolverinetuner and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.